XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

[quote name='yukine']I actually started getting wins after we played wjhard. Then I went on a damn losing streak again.

That happened to me as well, this guy I got matched up with three times in a row and successfully beat him all three times messaged me "fuck you!" :lol:[/quote]

Did you report it?

[quote name='wjhard63']I just got my last achievement (win 100 ranked matches) to make me 12/12. My current record is 100W-91L. Just a hair better than .500.

Most of the 191 games I played were fun (I even accidentally ran into GuilewasNK on a ranked match), but I did get a few drops before an assured victory and one guy I swept 3 rounds with Cammy (varied techniques in all my matches, but I do like her jumping Strong Punch a lot) in a row messaged me to call me a 'loser' and then said gave me bad feedback - haha. I don't play online a ton so I forget from time to time how immature people can be on Live.[/QUOTE]

I keep getting on at different times than you. We were supposed to sync up to play Marvel:UA. If you want to play some Street Fighter, send me a game request

[quote name='CouRageouS']I've only used Akuma a couple times, what did they change with him? All I noticed was his hurricane kick gets 3 hits and I think his air fireball isn't as fast as it used to be.[/QUOTE]I believe he takes extra damage, similar to what they did to him in Puzzle Fighter Remix. So his moves have similar properties and everything; it just takes less hits to kill him.

• Akuma’s ducking kicks no longer have invulnerable legs(!)
  • Akuma can now be dizzied like any other character
  • Akuma’s Hurricane Kicks don’t have invulnerable startup and can’t hit on the way up
  • Raging Demon super tuned to go slower than the secret version of him on Dreamcast, but travel farther
  • Teleport no longer has random input window and can be done with 2 punches or 2 kicks rather than 3 punches and 3 kicks (drawback: can't use "piano method" for Dragon Punch)
  • Teleport has vulnerability in the head so he can’t run away forever with it, and it builds no super meter.
  • Stray hitbox that was floating in the air on his medium kick is fixed
  • Akuma takes more damage than other characters
  • Red fireball recovery made way worse so it can’t do inescapable lockdown
  • Blue fireball startup and recovery made closer to Ryu’s
  • Knockback effect on his fierce blue fireball only happens from very close range
  • Timing on Raging Demon command much more lenient

I've been doing alright with Akuma, I like using Ken but I was losing constantly but now I actually get a win every 5 losses!

Is LIVE acting up for anyone else right now? I keep getting disconnected and such.

[quote name='yukine']I've been doing alright with Akuma, I like using Ken but I was losing constantly but now I actually get a win every 5 losses!

Is LIVE acting up for anyone else right now? I keep getting disconnected and such.[/quote]

I just got disconnected too. I couldn't sign back in so I checked the Live status on the Xbox site and it currently says up and running.

i can't play right now its too laggy :whistle2:( i just need 6 more wins to get 100 wins!

Users will not be able to connect or log into Xbox LIVE. We are aware of the problem and working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a Tournament mode for Ranked? Maybe we could arrange a tourney for shits and giggles anyway. I haven't played with anyone from here yet I think.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I keep getting on at different times than you. We were supposed to sync up to play Marvel:UA. If you want to play some Street Fighter, send me a game request[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought I remembered that. Well I'm going through MUA on hard right now and I'm only two chapters in and I'd welcome some company, so let me know if you're still interested. We definitely need to hook up on some Street Fighter too. I'd really like it if we got a CAG tourney organized on here.

[quote name='yukine']I actually started getting wins after we played wjhard. Then I went on a damn losing streak again.

That happened to me as well, this guy I got matched up with three times in a row and successfully beat him all three times messaged me "fuck you!" :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's awesome about your winning streak after we played. Sorry to hear your message though. My favorite angry text message I've ever gotten was after playing some guy on Soul Calibur IV and getting to perfect rounds on him for the win. He quit before the win was credited to me and then messaged me to call a "fucking $$$ot" and gave me negative feedback. After I got his message, I looked on his profile and he lists his eBay merchant page were he sells his stuff - I really wanted to buy something cheap and then give him negative feedback on eBay, but I decided to act like the grown adult I'm supposed to be. Too bad I didn't report it, but I did give him negative feedback for unsportsmanlike conduct. Competition in fighting games seem to bring out the worst in people.

Back on topic (kind of), all this SSFT2HDR I've been playing makes me wish SFIV was already here and those SFIV sticks were out too.

[quote name='yukine']I've been doing alright with Akuma, I like using Ken but I was losing constantly but now I actually get a win every 5 losses!

Is LIVE acting up for anyone else right now? I keep getting disconnected and such.[/quote]

I was disconnected while I was watching Netflix.

I starting playing T.Hawk and Zangief some tonight and won with both. I I was even able to pull off the Spinning Piledriver and T.Hawk's throw. I was surprised since I was never able to do it regularly before.

[quote name='garrett_in_the_hat']Is there going to be a CAG tournament?[/quote]

I think we should set one up for a weekend soon. Should be fun. Can we start a new thread for a sign up or do we need to use this one?

Is online messed up for everyone else? I can't find anyone to play and the second I start a match finally, it crashes. I was whoopin this Guile posers ass! :)

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']anyone know why this game isn't released in japan?[/quote]

Beats me. That's weird that it isn't though.

Well I can try to set up a new thread for a tourney, but I'd at least like to see if we have 8 CAG's interested in a tourney.

So far, I have:

wjhard63
mike.m
hufferstl

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']anyone know why this game isn't released in japan?[/quote]
I think it has been, I played against a few people that were from "Japan", I also played a lot of Hong Kong players this morning.

Well, I just broke the corner of my Xbox controller doing the "Master of All Things" achievement :p.

Having to play Vega against Ken or Ryu 50 times until I won made something inside of me twisted and violent... At least I'm NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN.

[quote name='wjhard63']Well I can try to set up a new thread for a tourney, but I'd at least like to see if we have 8 CAG's interested in a tourney.

So far, I have:

wjhard63
mike.m
hufferstl[/quote]

Count me in.

[quote name='wjhard63']Well I can try to set up a new thread for a tourney, but I'd at least like to see if we have 8 CAG's interested in a tourney.

So far, I have:

wjhard63
mike.m
hufferstl[/QUOTE]

In, please!

[quote name='bs000']I can't beat Akuma in arcade mode. I require assistance! D:

And only 98 wins to go online. =D[/quote]

I've seen people use Sagat and a standing Roundhouse to keep him away or probably E. Honda and just slap him to death the most.

How to beat Akuma, from xbox360achievements.org forums:

I found the easiest way was to pick Cammy. I did it on my 1st attempt

Wait for him to do a fireball and then press.. Down, Down/Back, Back and HP
You dodge the fireball and smack him in the face

This was the method I used, made it ridiculously easy compared to using any character I'm good at.

[quote name='hufferstl']When I do a ranked match, it always shows my stats as 0 wins/0 losses, what am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]I think it's supposed to do that, to help the ranked matches be truly random (i.e. people won't dodge a matchup based on stats).

[quote name='hufferstl']When I do a ranked match, it always shows my stats as 0 wins/0 losses, what am I doing wrong?[/quote]

Nothing. They don't want your opponent to know your record in ranked matches.

Played and won like 3 more matches last night. Still haven't gotten master of all things. :p

Either I hit a glitch or I'm mentally missing something. Cause now I'd swear I've won twice with all characters online (and yes, in ranked mode).

*sigh* Take another crack tonight. I'd be in for a tourney too.

Anyone help with combo achievement? I can't pull a 7 hit no matter how hard I try.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Played and won like 3 more matches last night. Still haven't gotten master of all things. :p

Either I hit a glitch or I'm mentally missing something. Cause now I'd swear I've won twice with all characters online (and yes, in ranked mode).

*sigh* Take another crack tonight. I'd be in for a tourney too.

Anyone help with combo achievement? I can't pull a 7 hit no matter how hard I try.[/quote]

Pick DeeJay and fight Zangief. Jump cross-up mk, (Charge down), c. sk x 3, down up + hk.

Finally got around to beating Akuma. Sagat's standing Roundhouse works like a charm. I almost got a perfect one round. I tried to play him normally but he was wreaking my Zangief. So I tried the nasty tactic. You just have to stay a player length away and spam HK. If you get to far away he'll fireball you into oblivion, so try to stay close.

I liked the achievements in this game. They're all attainable with a good balance of expected & creative achievements.

So far, I have:

wjhard63
mike.m
hufferstl[/quote]

Count me in but I won't have it until Wednesday or later.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Beats me. That's weird that it isn't though.[/QUOTE]

My friend (Mafia on CAG) says it hasn't been released in Japan because Sony hasn't given it the AAA stamp yet, which they have to do for each region for this download. Yeah, fuck Sony if true, as Capcom probably wants to release this on both systems at the same time in that region.

Of course I'll tourney! Sign me up, Seymor! (Wait, that's kinda an SNK joke... doh!) Errr... Sign me up, Karin's Butler, or Rainbow Mika's Trainer!

(Prefer Robert's "FEED ME, SEYMOR!" reference more.. XD)

bread's done
Back