XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

[quote name='Rodimus']Did I miss something? What happended to the ranking? All of a sudden I dropped from 1,000 to 43,000. I don't really care about ranking but I'm gonna stop playing ranked matches now. Since I got all the acheivments.[/quote]

I dunno. All I am trying to do is win once with each character. I thought I did already, but I guess I missed one.

Honestly the main reason I do ranked matches is because it's a quick way to get matches with a variety of opponents. Sometimes I prefer that over fighting the same person over and over... and sometimes I'm too damn impatient to wait my turn in a 6-man open lobby. :D

Does anyone here also own the PS3 version? My friends and I are having problems getting voice chat to work. Whoever hosts can see the mic icon flashing when they talk but nobody else can hear or talk in the lobby or game?

Btw, I have both versions and the 360 version is definitely less laggy online.

[quote name='necrojustice']I have the PS3 version as well and for some reason none of the matches (even in Ranked mode) are Ranked.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's just super buggy then....

just bought it... havne't played a SF game since i was playing my sega many moons ago...

i played for like 40 min... got half way through arcade... couldn't beat anyone... it sucked

i played the hell out of this game for 30 minutes today, just trying to beat akuma, and I finally had to resort to using Chun li and just spamming her lightning kick over and over.

edit: i died probably 40 times :(

also why does everyone have to be a pro online? why cant they just suck like me at the game? :(

[quote name='dkreegz515']just bought it... havne't played a SF game since i was playing my sega many moons ago...

i played for like 40 min... got half way through arcade... couldn't beat anyone... it sucked[/quote]

The single player mode has always sucked in Street Fighter II. The CPU can often do things that are impossible for a human fighter. Vs. is where its at.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The single player mode has always sucked in Street Fighter II. The CPU can often do things that are impossible for a human fighter. Vs. is where its at.[/quote]

Agreed, but the CPU also doesn't mysteriously disconnect from the game just before losing ;)

EDIT: BTW, DKreegs, I'll play with you next time you're online.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Whoa, that's mega sweet! For some reason it doesn't show anyone's win / loss with E. Honda though.[/quote]

Same here.. and Akuma isn't even on there.

The site is just a white screen for me.

Also, I finally played against some decent folks last night in ranked matches and started bringing up my W/L ratio and marked off some achievements.

So, I finally played some more ranked matches and got my W/L ratio back up.

A word of warning about the only person I lost to today.

Gamertag: Mit0x

Be forewarned because he apparently knows of some glitch where he is able to make Ryu invisible and only shows up when doing special moves (but it shows the wrong animation). I was able to beat him 2 rounds but it's next to impossible to kill someone who is not only invisible but his fireballs are invisible too.

Another funny story is that my wife called me while I was waiting for someone to join my ranked match. So, I get off the phone and come back to my 360 and find that some French guy had joined and I was defaulted to Ryu and the other guy had me at next to no life on the 3rd round (he had already won 2) with Fei Long. What do you know, I was able to turn it around and win the entire match. I swear he was cussing me in French and boy did that feel awesome....I even got my 20th Ranked win achievement from that round! That's what dreams are made of :D

[quote name='woodcan']Another funny story is that my wife called me while I was waiting for someone to join my ranked match. So, I get off the phone and come back to my 360 and find that some French guy had joined and I was defaulted to Ryu and the other guy had me at next to no life on the 3rd round (he had already won 2) with Fei Long. What do you know, I was able to turn it around and win the entire match. I swear he was cussing me in French and boy did that feel awesome....I even got my 20th Ranked win achievement from that round! That's what dreams are made of :D[/quote]

That sounds like a nice Rocky stairs moment, Fleshie. :bouncy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iPFK5T_G3U

:hot:

[quote name='orbit18']also why does everyone have to be a pro online? why cant they just suck like me at the game? :([/quote]

Throw me an invite. I'm not any good and half of my special moves never come out because of my piss poor execution. Maybe I should stop drinking and playing Street Fighter.

That's it. I'm posting the Gamertag of every fool that quits on me.

This clown quit as I was beating his ass a little while ago...

rpdPWNAGE

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That's it. I'm posting the Gamertag of every fool that quits on me.

This clown quit as I was beating his ass a little while ago...

rpdPWNAGE
[/quote]

I feel ya. But in this case it's doesn't help them, so it's hard to be super pissed. Still, why do they quit? It must be doing wonders to their precious ranking.

lol i just got beat by a dude that just did walk-up cr. HK with Zang and then just did the pile-drive right after if it was blocked.... it was ultra basic but I lost to it.

[quote name='Rodimus']I feel ya. But in this case it's doesn't help them, so it's hard to be super pissed. Still, why do they quit? It must be doing wonders to their precious ranking.[/quote]

It bothers me right now because I am trying to get 100 wins. Once I get that they can do what they want. I got a lot of losses to get the Master achievement playing with characters I am no good with. Now I am back to Guile (the character I am best with) and yesterday I went 14 W - 3 L. I would have had 20 wins if people wouldn't quit. I need 14 more to get 100. People need to take their ass whippings like men or whatever the hell they are. At this point when they do quit I send them a polite "LOL" message, then submit a player review.

Add Sp3kter to the list.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I'm adding to the list... this grade-A asshole quit on me earlier today!

GuilewasNK[/quote]

Phrostbyte, you joker you. :lol:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'm fairly sure that I'm going to literally drop dead the day that I find someone online that plays Guile in an original fashion[/quote]

What's an original fashion?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'm fairly sure that I'm going to literally drop dead the day that I find someone online that plays Guile in an original fashion[/quote]

What would you define as original? Who do you normally use?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It bothers me right now because I am trying to get 100 wins. Once I get that they can do what they want. I got a lot of losses to get the Master achievement playing with characters I am no good with. Now I am back to Guile (the character I am best with) and yesterday I went 14 W - 3 L. I would have had 20 wins if people wouldn't quit. I need 14 more to get 100. People need to take their ass whippings like men or whatever the hell they are. At this point when they do quit I send them a polite "LOL" message, then submit a player review.

Add Sp3kter to the list.

Phrostbyte, you joker you. :lol:

What's an original fashion?[/quote]

You get a win if you are in a game and they quit. So you should have more than 14 wins if they quit on you that many times.

Guile is your friend list full? I think I went to add you but you didn't show up... I want to see your awesome Guile skills, I've heard you bust out mad combos.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'] What's an original fashion?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mike.m']What would you define as original? Who do you normally use?[/QUOTE]

Something besides extreme turtling and sonic booms. When I get in close they throw a sonic boom that gets blocked and then either do a crouching MK or F+HK (overhead). Throw in flash kicks and (when they're decent) some tick throws and you got yourself a winner.

Don't get me wrong, I understand completely that you have to play your characters strengths. Just gets old because I'm sure there is much more that a great Guile player could use. I would say I go about 50/50 against good Guile players as is.

I use Balrog primarily so I have no projectile :(

I'm a decent player though so please don't reply with "use buffalo headbutt to get through projectiles"

hankmecrankme has a decent Guile..
If I ever have a son I'll name him Guile.
^This statement excludes me from ever having a son.

[quote name='mike.m']You get a win if you are in a game and they quit. [/quote]

Are you sure about that because I haven't seen that happen.

[quote name='yukine']Guile is your friend list full? I think I went to add you but you didn't show up... I want to see your awesome Guile skills, I've heard you bust out mad combos.[/quote]

Yeah my list is full. I'll see if I can remove some people.

I just played against a guy who was playing Vega and did nothing but constantly jump all over the map and spam throws.

[quote name='kenkaze']I just played against a guy who was playing Vega and did nothing but constantly jump all over the map and spam throws.[/quote]

Yean and what of it? That was me.

[quote name='mike.m']You get a win if you are in a game and they quit. So you should have more than 14 wins if they quit on you that many times.[/quote]

But it definatly doesn't count torwards the "100 wins" or "Master of all Things" acheivments.

A few days after I got all the acheivments my online rankings reset. That shit can lick my balls, so yeah..... I don't play ranked anymore.

[quote name='GenghisJohn']I am very bad at Street Fighter. That is all.[/quote]

Me too. :cry: I was hoping to run into many other people online who are bad at Street Fighter. But I guess there are few as bad as me. 11 wins and 70+ losses. Achieveables could take awhile. :drool:

[quote name='Rodimus']But it definatly doesn't count torwards the "100 wins" or "Master of all Things" acheivments.

A few days after I got all the acheivments my online rankings reset. That shit can lick my balls, so yeah..... I don't play ranked anymore.[/quote]

The same same thing happen to me.:censored:

[quote name='bs000']Me too. :cry: I was hoping to run into many other people online who are bad at Street Fighter. But I guess there are few as bad as me. 11 wins and 70+ losses. Achieveables could take awhile. :drool:[/quote]

I'm bad! Play me!

I don't usually complain about 'cheap' people, but everyone I played today was just a sorry hit and throw player. That's the worst to me because there's absolutely no skill involved and depending on the character, there's nothing you can do about it.

Disconnects must count towards the "Playing To Win" cheesemint, I just got it and I only have 100 wins... I know I've had at least a couple of people disconnect on me during a match.

[quote name='yukine']Disconnects must count towards the "Playing To Win" cheesemint, I just got it and I only have 100 wins... I know I've had at least a couple of people disconnect on me during a match.[/QUOTE]

They do.

They don't, however, count toward the "Master of All Things" achievement.

[quote name='bs000']Me too. :cry: I was hoping to run into many other people online who are bad at Street Fighter. But I guess there are few as bad as me. 11 wins and 70+ losses. Achieveables could take awhile. :drool:[/QUOTE]
I finally decided to play ranked matches last night and went like 0-5. I knew I wasn't good, but I didn't think I was that bad.

This game has me seriously considering the purchase of an arcade stick. Man I miss arcades.....

[quote name='MtlTom']I finally decided to play ranked matches last night and went like 0-5. I knew I wasn't good, but I didn't think I was that bad.

This game has me seriously considering the purchase of an arcade stick. Man I miss arcades.....[/quote]

Honestly, I only play Guile in ranked matches just because I want the 100 win achievement after that I'll just do player matches to have fun with it.

bread's done
Back