XBLA - Trials HD - 1200pts

After playing the demo a bit, I've decided I must have this game. Too addicting.

Only fault I notice right away is that most of the text is completely illegible on a regular TV. :whistle2:(

[quote name='whiptcracker']If you want to see something odd, check out the replays of anyone in the top ten for the broken bones mini-game. There's some exploit that plays havok with the physics.[/QUOTE]
Wow, thats crazy. If you want to see another glitch then watch the replay for the #1 dude in the Ski Jump skill game.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']After playing the demo a bit, I've decided I must have this game. Too addicting.

Only fault I notice right away is that most of the text is completely illegible on a regular TV. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

If you "fault" you'll never get Gold medals ;)

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I guess his playback is borked. It goes to 30 minutes and just stays on screen. It doesn't loop like the others.[/QUOTE]

A few of the replays bug out and crash where the user didn't, I figured as much but had it confirmed when one of my replays got stuck bugged :(

On a good note, I've managed to gold every track except the second extreme one :cool:

Liked your track "redone" Pecan was a tough one :joystick: in spots but finally managed it. Kudos on the design, especially after I played in editor for first time an made simple track you must have put lots of time into that one.

Loaded my test track, caution: extremly simple

^^ thx :D

I actually played your track just before reading this. The whole reason I purchased this game was to make/download tracks and none of my other friends have any :cry:

I gold medaled every track now, top 300 on 3 extreme :cool:

Also, workin on another track, little easier than the last 2...being lazy with finishing it.

I have not touched the editor but I plan to sometime. It is a bummer to only share with friends, I already have too many and I can't get more just for this game.

I hate that you can watch the replays of the people at the top of the leaderboards but you cant watch your friends replays

[quote name='Anth0ny07']I hate that you can watch the replays of the people at the top of the leaderboards but you cant watch your friends replays[/QUOTE]

You just need better friends ;)

but seriously, in an interview one of the developers stated that the top 5000 scores have replays so as long as your friends rank in the top 5000 they should have a replay.

[quote name='Pecan']On a good note, I've managed to gold every track except the second extreme one :cool:[/QUOTE]
Damn!

[quote name='Pecan']I gold medaled every track now, top 300 on 3 extreme :cool:[/QUOTE]
DAMN! :applause: Now that is impressive given I'm having trouble just finishing the 2nd and 4th Extreme tracks.

[quote name='Pecan']^^ thx :D

I actually played your track just before reading this. The whole reason I purchased this game was to make/download tracks and none of my other friends have any :cry:

I gold medaled every track now, top 300 on 3 extreme :cool:

Also, workin on another track, little easier than the last 2...being lazy with finishing it.[/QUOTE]

there are a few more on this thread who created tracks, zeke an justin come to mind.
still blown away by how well you designed it, I think I am a bit away from that design level but will try another one this weekend.

Decided to watch a replay for the level I was stuck at and omg Lestropie is a god, he has the best times on a few others too. This guy, or girl, makes it look easy.

[quote name='woodcan']You just need better friends ;)

but seriously, in an interview one of the developers stated that the top 5000 scores have replays so as long as your friends rank in the top 5000 they should have a replay.[/QUOTE]
then i guess youre right...i do need better friends lol

[quote name='Pecan']A few of the replays bug out and crash where the user didn't, I figured as much but had it confirmed when one of my replays got stuck bugged :(

On a good note, I've managed to gold every track except the second extreme one :cool:[/QUOTE]

I had this happen to one of my replays, I am in the top 600 on one of the tracks and on my replay is has me crashing when I obviously didn't. Not sure why it does this, but I noticed it on a couple of other peoples replays on the same track (Logsplosive).

Finally beat the first extreme track. Still can't beat the last hard track or the other three extremes though. This game is freaking hard.

Yeah, I'm still stuck on the 2nd and 4th Extreme tracks. At least I improved my time and faults on the 1st Extreme track today but on the 2nd track I keep getting stuck at the same place where there is this rectangular box mid-way up a slope that I can't seem to get my rear wheel over.

If you're looking to compete with some no-fault times, send me a FR. So far, I have everything up to the last track on hard no-faulted. Maybe it's OCD, but I can't seem to move on to the next track until I complete the previous one without fault.

[quote name='moojuice']If you're looking to compete with some no-fault times, send me a FR. So far, I have everything up to the last track on hard no-faulted. Maybe it's OCD, but I can't seem to move on to the next track until I complete the previous one without fault.[/QUOTE]

Jesus man, I would've broken my controller by now.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Finally beat the first extreme track. Still can't beat the last hard track or the other three extremes though. This game is freaking hard.[/QUOTE]
The only courses i havent beaten yet are the last 3 extreme levels, its so frustrating

[quote name='moojuice']If you're looking to compete with some no-fault times, send me a FR. So far, I have everything up to the last track on hard no-faulted. Maybe it's OCD, but I can't seem to move on to the next track until I complete the previous one without fault.
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I couldnt complete games if I went at it like that.
I save the OCD style gaming for after I beat it and can mop up at my leisure.

[quote name='moojuice']
If you're looking to compete with some no-fault times, send me a FR. So far, I have everything up to the last track on hard no-faulted. Maybe it's OCD, but I can't seem to move on to the next track until I complete the previous one without fault.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elcheap0']I couldnt complete games if I went at it like that.
I save the OCD style gaming for after I beat it and can mop up at my leisure.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I play through a game and then do the OCD, yea. I have done that with any burnout game really, well also the PGR games too, hmm throw in any achievement games on that list while we're at it lol.:)

wow that indy level is insane. That guy must get a ton of friend requests. Is there anyway to update the first post to include people willing to accept friend request to compete for scores? And maybe a list of people who are making levels?

Also are the levels viral? If I got one from a dude on my friend list, would someone I was friends with but wasn't friends with the creator be able to get the level?

Since you can only share levels with friends, I think a friend of a friend would be logical but I don't know if that's how they have it set up. My guess is no unfortunately. I created two levels and sent a message to the friends on my list who have the game to play em. Friends only really hurts this game's user created content, maybe Microsoft had a hand in this lol?

[quote name='Spybreak8']maybe Microsoft had a hand in this lol?[/QUOTE]

umm no. Red Lynx said that it doesn't have a community sharing section because its not a retail game so they didn't want to set up servers to hold all of the user made levels. Or thats the reasoning that Red Lynx has given

[quote name='fart_bubble']umm no. Red Lynx said that it doesn't have a community sharing section because its not a retail game so they didn't want to set up servers to hold all of the user made levels. Or thats the reasoning that Red Lynx has given[/QUOTE]

Yea I guess that makes sense since developing an arcade game instead of a retail game due to budget differences is more sought out considering how complex retail games can get.

I wonder if they could have a "community sharing section" as paid DLC, which would pay for the server space? I would be willing to pay for access to non-friends tracks(as long as there was some kind of rating system).

[quote name='hufferstl']I wonder if they could have a "community sharing section" as paid DLC, which would pay for the server space? I would be willing to pay for access to non-friends tracks(as long as there was some kind of rating system).[/QUOTE]

people have asked them about something like that before and they pretty much shot that down pretty quick by pretty much saying that won't happen. Could it be a coding issue with them not writing something in along those lines? Don't know, just shooting in the dark

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they released some paid DLC consisting of fan made tracks and a couple new bikes

[quote name='Anth0ny07']The only courses i havent beaten yet are the last 3 extreme levels, its so frustrating[/QUOTE]
Scratch that, now the only course i have to beat is the last extreme level

I'd be interested in sharing IDs for a group fellow Trials players. I'm not good, but I love this game and none of my friends have it.

[quote name='Spybreak8']It was confirmed that RedLynx is making DLC even though we have the level editor, which is awesome news as I can't get enough of this game.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/09/redlynx-preparing-trials-hd-downloadable-content/[/QUOTE]

it was obvious that they were going to do DLC in the first place, they had it checked off with having download able content in the game's listing. Plus, considering how well it sold, they would be stupid not to release DLC and milk that sucker dry

[quote name='fart_bubble']it was obvious that they were going to do DLC in the first place, they had it checked off with having download able content in the game's listing. Plus, considering how well it sold, they would be stupid not to release DLC and milk that sucker dry[/QUOTE]

Theres a difference between they're releasing dlc sometime down the road and it being confirmed that they are working on it right now. I'm just glad they're supporting this game since its originated from a pc online flash game.

Will be glad to join anyone's friends list. I don't have any tracks yet, and my times aren't ridiculous great or terrible either. I have all the way to KOTH completed. XBL: bigwinnerx

I'm probably dreaming, but I hope they make some kinda of online multiplayer. Even if it is something like you race as usual and your opponents just show up as dots on the bottom of the screen so you know who is how close to finish they are with how many faults.

I just tried this game today and wow its really fun. I just dont have enough MS points to buy it. Well i do but id rather buy two 800 point games (bubble bobble and Turtles in time) than one 1200 point game and have 400 points left over. Any chance it goes on sale for 800 points for gold members soon?

One of the great things about this game is that, If/When you get to a point that you just can't make it past, you can still go into the skills challenges and have some fun there. Or the tournament section, or "make your own track".
I actually got a lot better at the game through the process of trying to get an achievement. There is an achievement for completing a specific track without leaning AT ALL. It really helped me to understand the physics behind breaking or gassing it while in the air.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Loved the demo, really want to pick this up but yeah 1200 points? 800 it would be a sure buy. Hope this goes on sale soon.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Like Lode Runner, I'll be there bright and early the day Trials goes on sale.

Well i caved in and bought it..lol. I ended up buying it off amazon for 15, saving me from having 400 useless points and wasting 5 bucks. So far i made it through all the level up to expert. Havent tried those, but wow some of the hard trials were damn hard. Especially king of the hill stage. If i make any tracks they will be for fun, not difficulty. LOL

I thought I hit a wall many times, but after practice (and faults, and trying again the next day, etc) I finally got through KOTH and all the Extreme levels, too.

The difficulty gets ratcheted up very quickly, and you need to adapt. But getting through all the levels is definitely up there with my recent gaming accomplishments. Sad as that may sound.

Im stuck on "Goin' Up!".... sigh. Its the first time i found out there is a 30 minute time limit. I got to the train tacks, couldnt get up that. Almost did but not good enough. Then i tried to do it again and got stuck on the 2nd obstacle. lol.

Master balancing the bike left or right, you'll be able to do a lot then. You can always check out the replays of the people on the leaderboards too.

Why didnt they add a restart option for tournaments? No i have to quit, then select all the stuff all over again just to try again getting gold. Im trying to get the mini bike but i ususally fall more than once or not make the time.

Also whats with all the 00:00 times on the leaderboard. I assume its somone useing a glitch. They should delete those.

Ive also been trying to beat some times. Im wondering if the Phoenix bike is the best for that, or maybe the Scorpion bike could be better since its faster and seems heavier.

EDIT: Sweet i used the scorpion bike and got gold in the tournament to win the mini bike. It does seem less likely to bounce around.

Wow the extreme levels are hard as hell. I only have 1 left to finish, that being Inferno II. I get to the part after the tires, where i have to jump on two slanted platforms. I was able to get to the 2nd bigger slanted one a few times but i just fell back. I try to press forward to go up it and it just bounces my back tire in the air and down i go. Then if i dont press forward my dude flies into a backwards flip. Its annoying as hell.

I really like some of the early levels, and trying to beat the fastest time. I hate the later levels where you have to climb up walls. Also hate levels with rocks.

I was able to get 1 platinum medal on Tired Hill. My time is ranked 532 overall and i can see my replay online. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow the extreme levels are hard as hell. I only have 1 left to finish, that being Inferno II. I get to the part after the tires, where i have to jump on two slanted platforms. I was able to get to the 2nd bigger slanted one a few times but i just fell back. I try to press forward to go up it and it just bounces my back tire in the air and down i go. Then if i dont press forward my dude flies into a backwards flip. Its annoying as hell.

I really like some of the early levels, and trying to beat the fastest time. I hate the later levels where you have to climb up walls. Also hate levels with rocks.

I was able to get 1 platinum medal on Tired Hill. My time is ranked 532 overall and i can see my replay online. :)[/QUOTE]

This one jump probably took me 1000 faults to finally get with any kind of regularity (like after 10-20 tries).

I let off the gas in mid-air and as soon as I hit that last slanted board (my bike being parallel to the board), I tap the gas a little bit...enough for the back tire to catch and that lets me position myself. That lets me stay almost stationary on the board and allows me the power needed to make the jump across the chasm.

I took a lot of time on the middle board just practicing keeping my guy on the board in balance. Drifting down to the bottom, going to the top, down to the bottom, going to the top, with a little gas here and there. That skill, I think, is definitely needed for the next jump and helps with almost every hill.

Only need 3 more achievements.

- Finish all extreme tracks (need to beat Inferno II)
- Beat Groundhog Returns without changing position (almost made it once)
- Beat Ultimate Endurance Tournament without a fault. (haha no chance in hell)

I give out high praise to the people who can actually get the Beat Ultimate Endurance Tournament without 1 fault achievement! That has to be seriously hard.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Jesus Christ man, are you going to spam this thread like you did the Oblivion one? Please don't.[/QUOTE]
I don't see his posts as spamming. He's posting relavant comments abuot the game. What's wrong with that? At least he's keeping the thread alive and active.

bread's done
Back