XBLA - Trials HD - 1200pts

Are you kidding me, he give us a play by play review, I don't spam how many achievements I need to get in a thread or which ones I have. I just feel if you're constantly going to ask questions or talk about the game head on over to the Xbox forums where they have that info and community.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I just feel if you're constantly going to ask questions or talk about the game head on over to the Xbox forums where they have that info and community.[/QUOTE]

So i enter a thread about the game "Trials HD" and im not supposed to talk about it? :speaktothehand:

I picked this up last night. It's awesome fun.

problem is, I'm beating most of the people on my friends list on my first or second try (well 6 or 7th really). Anyone mind if I add them here so I can see how we stack up?

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I picked this up last night. It's awesome fun.

problem is, I'm beating most of the people on my friends list on my first or second try (well 6 or 7th really). Anyone mind if I add them here so I can see how we stack up?[/QUOTE]

send a friend request to me and ill add you. I only have a few guys to compare scores to, and most of the beginning levels im in first.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I picked this up last night. It's awesome fun.

problem is, I'm beating most of the people on my friends list on my first or second try (well 6 or 7th really). Anyone mind if I add them here so I can see how we stack up?[/QUOTE]

Sure add me: DROPPIN LOADZ

I dded a couple of you guys to my friends list. have to move my 360 to get it online but I'll try and get back on tonight.

Just down to Inferno II. Not looking forward to finishing that one. Anyne have any luck with it?

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I dded a couple of you guys to my friends list. have to move my 360 to get it online but I'll try and get back on tonight.

Just down to Inferno II. Not looking forward to finishing that one. Anyne have any luck with it?[/QUOTE]
I havent played the game in a few weeks but Inferno II is the only course i havent beaten yet.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I dded a couple of you guys to my friends list. have to move my 360 to get it online but I'll try and get back on tonight.

Just down to Inferno II. Not looking forward to finishing that one. Anyne have any luck with it?[/QUOTE]

The only way i beat it was just banging my head against the wall. First try i ran out of time and i beat it on the second try, it's definitely not impossible.

I havent beaten it either. Only track i havent beaten. Its that damn part right after the tires with the 2 slanted wooden platforms. I can only get to the 2nd bigger slanted platform a few times and when i do i always fail. :bomb:

Feel free to add me still, have pretty high ranks on most of the upper 2 difficulty levels of tracks. I've also made a few tracks.

I don't play trials to much anymore, but if your looking for more tracks to play or scores to beat, Enragedpecan1 is my GT.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I havent beaten it either. Only track i havent beaten. Its that damn part right after the tires with the 2 slanted wooden platforms. I can only get to the 2nd bigger slanted platform a few times and when i do i always fail. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Im stuck at the same part. Its so frustrating!

[quote name='Anth0ny07']Im stuck at the same part. Its so frustrating![/QUOTE]

WOOT! Just BEAT INFERNO II!!!. I also had problems on the slanted ramps but I finally got lucky. It only too me three tries. First two I used up the 30 min. then on the third one it took just 118 restarts and 8 min. Not bad.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']WOOT! Just BEAT INFERNO II!!!. I also had problems on the slanted ramps but I finally got lucky. It only too me three tries. First two I used up the 30 min. then on the third one it took just 118 restarts and 8 min. Not bad.[/QUOTE]
Congrats dude! Im a little bit jealous lol.

The trick on the slanted ramps is to rev you engine right as you land but don't try to shift your weight until your on your way down from your second bounce. Then don't rev your engine, jst tap until you get control on the second ramp. then pray you do
nt pop a wheelie as you try to make the jump. Once you get past this part it's clear sailing.

I think I've spent about 600+ faults on that section alone.

[quote name='Pecan']Feel free to add me still, have pretty high ranks on most of the upper 2 difficulty levels of tracks. I've also made a few tracks.[/QUOTE]

Holy Frick your levels are good!:applause:

I thought mine was pretty good but yours blew mine out of the water!

I recently got this and it's great. However ther is one skill I haven't figured out - climbing steep inclines with bumps, ledges and such. Some of the Hard levels have me stumped. I believe the first two hard levels for example (not the tutorial). I've actually done most of the ones after that, but those two I'm stuck on. Anyone have advice on this?

Is there any news as far as DLC for this game? I would love some new levels to tackle and it would seem pretty easy for them to pump some out. I'd certainly buy them.

according to the developer when interviewed by Major Nelson, they are definitely working on DLC. Just not sure when it'll be out.

[quote name='crunchewy']I recently got this and it's great. However ther is one skill I haven't figured out - climbing steep inclines with bumps, ledges and such. Some of the Hard levels have me stumped. I believe the first two hard levels for example (not the tutorial). I've actually done most of the ones after that, but those two I'm stuck on. Anyone have advice on this?[/QUOTE]

Floor it while your on level ground and flick the stick backwards. When you get onto the slope and have a little bit of air immediately bring it forward and make your wheels parallel to the slope. You may need some good throttle control once your up to avoid doing a wheely.

I've beaten all my friends' scores on trials and I'm looking for some "advanced" players on CAG to add to my friends list. Add me if you've gotten some exceptional scores so I can try to beat them, or add me if you want some reasonably good scores to compete against.

XBL: Lbgrowl

Following info all pulled from the official RedLynx forums.

Official press release for DLC:

Trials HD BIG PACK!” (Redlynx) | December 23 | Worldwide : Fans of “Trials HD,” one of this summer’s hottest downloadable games, can get ready for more fun and insane challenges with the add-on, “Trials HD BIG PACK!” Rev your engines with 35 new racing and skill tracks, over 50 new crazy physics objects, tournaments, new achievements worth 50 extra gamerscore, and more. “Trials HD BIG PACK!” releases December 23 on Xbox LIVE Arcade at 400 points and is rated T for Teen by the ESRB. Fasten your helmet and prepare for serious bruises!

More detailed info:

- Total 35 new tracks:
-- 23 new trials racing tracks (12 medium, 9 hard, 2 extreme)
-- 12 new skill game tracks
- 5 new tournaments (including all the new tracks)
- 3 new achievements (worth 50 extra gamerscore)
- 50+ new editor objects (car, rocket turbine, gravity field, wind, motor, etc, etc)

Some screenshots here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?game_id=11955&article_id=871494#anchor

The DLC is a day-one purchase for me. I love this game.

They're also going to be pushing out a free patch with, among others stuff, a change to the Ultimate Endurance challenge and achievement that will make it easier. It will now have only Beginner, Easy and Medium difficulty tracks in it. Same requirement of 0 faults for the achievement, but it's achievable by mere mortals now. They are going to be giving a unique t-shirt (EDIT: a real t-shirt, not avatar) touting the accomplishment to people who managed to get the achievement with the original set of tracks, though. Nice. Offhand I can't remember the release date of the patch. Might be the same day.

Of the original tracks, I only have Inferno II to complete, plus, of course, lots of improvement needed for all the tracks. I've got golds through most of the hard difficulty levels, but no platinums. Don't even ask the number of faults I've had on the extreme tracks. :)

Haha yea I stopped playing this game due to the extreme levels but I can see myself purchasing this and getting right back into the mayhem!

Bump to note that the Big Pack is out, as is the update. I installed the update last night, so the DLC might have been available then as well - not sure. I won't be able to download the Big Pack until Xmas as that's when I'll be getting a stock of points. Anyone already get the DLC?

See: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841095a

New achievements:
No Deal
Which box to choose and when to bailout?

Piggyback
Catch a ride and surf on top of a lowrider in Dangerous Ride. Can you go the distance?

Look Ma, I can fly!
Bounce 5 trampolines in succession in Skyway to reach new heights.

Lol its a sign of the gods, I have exactly 400 points in my account atm and I loved this game.

Edit: Awesome, awesome to the max lol. No really, I was like oh I have to remember the name of this level because its my favorite, oh wait I have to remember the name of THIS level because its my favorite. The added pieces to the levels are really cool and my fav has to be the vent level, which I had to go back and get a gold medal on the national tournament in order to unlock the donkey bike!

wtf I have 5 Microsoft Points now because I had 405 before, what am I going to do with 5 freakin' points!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm enjoying the new skill games as well. I also like that you can have the flaming jet propulsion thing in levels now. I can't wait to make a new level and mess around with all the new stuff!

Nice value for only 400 points. Despite how frustrating this game is, I still enjoy it.

Also glad they made the Ultimate Endurance tournament easier; this achievement is definitely doable now. My faults are usually cause I get slightly careless, that's all.

I played about half of the new levels last night. Good stuff in there! I didn't much care for the 1-bit level, but the Space Station level is cool. Also love some of the new obstacles, the fans that float you are fun.

I still want the ability to download ANYONE'S levels, not just my friends'. I also want them to drop the price of the game itself to $10. I have had trouble selling my friends on the $15 purchase, even though they play the game at my house and love it. Cheap bastards! I want more friends playing this game so I have more people to compete with.

I only have 210 points :(, I really want this right now. Is there anyway I can get just get/earn an extra 200 pts? or am I gonna be stuck using XBL to get 1000pts? (to make it all even)

I got the DLC this morning and played a bit. I also loved the 8 bit stage - pretty awesome.

I'd like to add all here as friends so we can compare times and/or share levels (though I have none yet). I'm "crunc is"

After completing all of the Extreme tracks, I can say Inferno 2 is something I never want to experience ever again. Finished with barely three minutes remaining, 346 faults, and I'm proud of even that.

Got the DLC. Did all the medium tracks, they were all really good. I would say they were actually better than the original medium tracks. Still working on hard ones.

DLC is a steal at 400 ms points imo.

I started messing around with the new editor objects too.
If anyone is interested in some shared tracks feel free to add me - Enragedpecan1

Looks like there is a freezing glitch on the new bone breaking skill game (forgot the actual title). I have had it freeze the system, requiring a restart, several times. Anyone else having this problem? According to Redlynx's forums they are aware of it, but no immediate fix as they are out for the holidays. Only semi-successful workaround is to spam the A button when you start the game.

A little disappointed because that is one of my most played skill games. Good news is that there is so much new stuff to keep me occupied. Hopefully a fix is imminent.

bread's done
Back