XBLA - Tron - 400pts

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

The arcade classic is back! And Tron is even better this time around with enhanced graphics, CD-quality sound and two-person multiplayer.
Battle as mighty video warrior Tron against the insidious Master Control Program and his ruthless right-hand man, Sark. Tron offers a retro-futuristic test of gaming ability. Race life cycles, demolish tanks, dodge grid bugs, and even face off against the MCP himself to find out who truly rules the computer world!
  • Enhanced original: Tron is a perfect recreation of the classic arcade game based on the pioneering computer animated Disney film. Authentic graphics, gameplay and audio have all been upgraded to take advantage of the high-definition graphics and CD bit rate quality of Xbox 360™.
  • Light cycles rule: Now you can be a part of the most famous scene from the movie. Ride your blue cycle and battle the enemy yellow cycles in a gridline battle royale.
  • Great gameplay elements: Exterminate the Grid Bugs and escape into the I/O Tower before time runs out. Demolish all enemy tanks and Recognizers to clear the board. Smash the blocks and move your character into the MCP cone to clear the level. A bonus is awarded if you destroy all the blocks.
  • Multiplayer capability: The original arcade game was single player only. Now, Xbox LIVE® Arcade brings you the first version of the game with two-person multiplayer functionality.
  • Multiplayer modes: Split screen and online, co-op and versus, there are lots of ways to playTron. In Versus mode, the players race to achieve the highest score. Try Versus Speed mode, where the first player to reach a host-defined score wins. In Co-op, both players' scores are added together to achieve a high score. And beware the Pressure Cooker where players race to achieve the highest score, but taking the lead after a sub-stage causes the other player's game speed to increase.
Never played Tron so I'll give it a shot.

Never played this. Looking forward to it. Wish it were cheaper, though, definitely not paying $5 for this.

Wombat in his tron Costume

headshot.jpg

Hells yes! I was excited about this 6 months ago when they said it was "coming soon to XBLA". I used to play this in the arcade as a kid.

My ALL TIME FAV arcade game (well this, Track and Field and Dragons Lair). This took forever in getting here. I am really fired up.

This version kind of sucks, especially the audio what a joke.
Too bad I was totally going to buy this one too.

Played and deleted here as well. The aiming mechanism for all but one (the light bikes things) level is wonky. It took me 3 or 4 tries to defeat the one enemy tank in the demo because I couldn't shoot where I wanted to.

I can't believe they want to charge money for this and they can't even do as good as the (free) MAME.

Yeah, a lot of old games really need a dial-like controller (like they had in the arcades). They don't translate all that well to analog sticks. Some are still playable, like Tempest, if less than ideal, but things like Pong and Warlords can be almost impossible.

I used to play this ALL the time in the arcade. Man, I remember how awesome Tron (the movie) seemed to me as a kid (probably a teenager actually - when did it come out?) and then how great it was to be able to play the game from it. I feel sorry for those of you unable to grow up when stuff like this was really groundbreaking (also Star Wars). Now the reaction to movie special effects, etc, is a big meh from most people :lol:.

Well, anyway, I haven't tried this yet - maybe tonight. I'm hesitant to buy ANYTHING on XBLA nowadays because they keep giving everything I buy away for free just weeks later :bomb:.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']C'MON! Switch the controls to absolute aim (3rd config) and try it again. No, it's not the dial, but it works well.

This is great stuff.[/QUOTE]

That was the first thing I did. It helped, but not enough.

The glitch-tacular sound is an embarrassment for a commercial game.

Count me as someone who loved the original game but thinks this version blows.
Oh well, can't win 'em all.

[quote name='daminion']i will have to give this a try. tron was one of my favorite games as a teenager.[/quote]

Well I gave it a try. It's the first game I've ever deleted from my 360. It's terrible.

I'm not sure that this "version" is bad, the game was wonky like that. I haven't decided if I want to drop 400 points on it, but I might.

No the original game was great. This version is definitely bad.
But if you end up liking it, more power to ya.

bread's done
Back