XBLA TV, blueray and HDDVD killer?

Mr.Answer

CAGiversary!
With the launch of the Xbox LIve TV download starting tomorrow (or whatever the official title is called) will that aid in neither HD-DVD or Blue Ray from becoming industry standard? The live download isn't exactly video on demand as one, at this point, would need to plan their downloads ahead, but we know that DSL speeds increase as will Hard Drive capacity.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I thought microtransactions where stupid?[/quote]

I don't think paying for a full HD movie would be classified as a microtransaction.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']I don't think paying for a full HD movie would be classified as a microtransaction.[/quote]

You can't buy HD movies through XBLM, you can only rent them.

This will probably not factor into HDDVD or Blu-Ray buying habits. I still don't see how well this will be executed. Seems like it would take a long time to D/L a HD movie....I mean, they are like 25 gigs...I know they will STREAM them after a buffer is built up, but does not seem too great to me.

Also, I can rent HDDVD from blockbuster.com

How much do these RENTALS through XBLA cost?

i have no idea about the price to rent a hd dvd at blockbuster, but doesn't the SD DVD pricing on xbl compete with blockbusters pricing?

i can see this "somewhat" working if they get new releases and keep pricing competetive...

lets say you really want to see a movie and have no nearby blockbuster (or want to save gas)

[quote name='ryanbph']i have no idea about the price to rent a hd dvd at blockbuster, but doesn't the SD DVD pricing on xbl compete with blockbusters pricing?[/QUOTE]

If you're only renting one movie, yes. But you can get a month of rentals from Blockbuster online (now with the option to return to the store and get free rentals) for $18. So if you are only interested in 1 or 2 movies, it's decent. Otherwise it's way overpriced.

bread's done
Back