XBLA - UNO Rush - 800pts

lordwow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Features:

UNO RUSH™ is a four-player, social party game that's easy to jump into, but hard to leave because you'll have so much fun playing. Sort your cards (even off-turn) so you can play them sequentially when it is your turn. The first player to get rid of all their cards wins the round, and scores points based on the remaining cards in opponents' hands. This fast-paced, family-friendly game is sure to become a hit with you and your friends.

* Xbox LIVE® exclusive: UNO RUSH is the sequel to the number-one selling Xbox LIVE Arcade title UNO, and is exclusive to Xbox LIVE Arcade.
* Full support: Full avatar, LIVE Party Chat, Xbox LIVE Vision camera, and Big Button Pad support is provided.
* Multiplayer action: It's couch play for the whole family, with up to four players per console, and full guest support for multiple users per console over Xbox LIVE.
* Exciting UNO-style gameplay: Several special command cards affect different aspects of the game, including skipping the next player's turn, reversing the direction of play, changing the color of the discard pile, scrambling the next player's hand, or making the next player draw two or four cards.

Achievements:
http://www.achieve360points.com/game/unorush/
1. Graduation Party
Complete the Interactive Tutorial and pass the test.
5 points
Single Player achievement

2. Victory Party
Successfully call UNO and win a round in the same turn in any mode.
5 points

3. Surprise Party
Play 10 Scramble cards.
5 points

4. Party of One
Win 10 rounds in Elimination mode by eliminating all other players.
10 points

5. Private Party
Play 3 Skip cards in a single round in Partner mode.
20 points

6. Party Time
Win 5 games using the "Fast" house rule.
20 points

7. Party Platter
Play at least one of each command card in a single round.
20 points

8. Block Party
Win 5 local four-player matches.
20 points
Multiplayer / Co-Op achievement (2+ players)

9. Life of the Party
Win 10 Xbox LIVE matches in any game mode.
20 points
Multiplayer / Co-Op achievement (2+ players)

10. Party's Over
Score 250 points or more in a single round.
20 points

11. Party Planner
Discard 9 or more cards in one turn.
25 points

12. Party Decorations
Change the color of the discard pile 5 or more times in one turn.
30 points

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URbhuOECzbA

I was wondering how multiple players on the same console would work... but that video footage would indicate that this variation of Uno is played with all the cards face-up! Interesting...

So this is UNO but you get to keep playing cards until you can't go anymore? They can't price it more than 400 points, can they?

800 points minimum... they know how popular Uno is and people will bite on it, they are going to take advantage. I might get it... Uno is good times. Depends on how this version plays though.

On the E3 NXE video teasers they show UNO Rush as 400 mps. It would be great if it they priced it at 400 but it'd make more sense at 800 :(

I'll also guess it gets released this month, maybe even this Wednesday.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How does "UNO Rush" differ from UNO?[/QUOTE]

It's a little unclear LP, the game is developed just for XBL, so it's not like it's a card game. In other words, we'll have to wait for the demo to see

I've played the demo because it was on the OXM disc that I get with the mag. It's a fast paced game where you match the number or color of whoever just played a card and if you can continue to put down cards you can. Ultimately you have to sort your hand like if you were playing any other card game, suites in that case, into similar colors/numbers. There is an option to play slow, normal and really fast plus all the custom settings you know and love from UNO. Yea its tempting but man everything is 800 points now it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probably buy it if I had 1600 points or more on me right now, but with just 800, I'm looking to spend that on Dishwasher more than this.

I like that I could play local multiplayer with this version, but really it doesn't seem different enough from Uno to even warrent a purchase, let alone at twice the original's price. I'm curious to see what the purchase rate is on 360voice later this week. The clearly overpriced games tend to take a big hit there.

[quote name='javeryh']So this is UNO but you get to keep playing cards until you can't go anymore? They can't price it more than 400 points, can they?[/quote]

lol Its MS I'm surprised its not 1200 points

Where was it released that the game will cost 800 points? I didn't hear anything about pricing on majornelson.com or his podcasts, although I did fall asleep listening so I might of missed it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/u/unorushxboxlivearcade/[/quote]

Ah right it just got posted directly. I never check xbox.com for games because Major normally does it. I'll be picking this up some point today.

Edit: Hmm just downloaded the demo, and i'm glad I did instead of just buying it. I don't know I just don't like it as much as the original. I don't like the whole "get your cards into order" then placing them down in big streak, and the fact you can see the opponents cards.. I might wait this one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish noone would buy these games at 800 since they're not worth it at all...then maybe they'd start dropping :p. Too many people gotta have those 200 achieves...

What did you all think of the demo? I sort of liked it. It's very fast paced, but at it's heart, it's still Uno. Actually it's Uno with less strategy involved. It might be good in short bursts, but I don't think it can be as fun a social game as Uno. And there's no way to justify it costing twice as much as Uno (unless you just accept that Uno was a subsidised game and underpriced).

I'm curious to see what the purchase rate is. If folks aren't buying it, there's no reason for you to get it either as it's clearly a MP game. I liked the idea of all cards being visible so that you can play local multiplayer, but it moves way too fast for my young daughter to play with me.

I think it's actually a good amount of fun, setting up larger card progressions does take a mix of luck and strategy since you can't flip through your deck nearly as fast as I would like -- but that gives it some sort of tension and helplessness when your money card to win the game is all the way at the back of your deck and the clock is ticking. Also, that window to call UNO on someone else is brutal since you can call it anytime someone is setting up a combination that will leave them with one card. They have all their attention on placing that one last card and forget to press 'X' ... and you get them... and the obscenities fly... haha, good times

I will be purchasing this this week. Uno was one of the very first games, maybe THE first game my I played on the 360, and I still love it dearly. My wife was similarly smitten. The music, the rhythm of the game, the social aspect, the way changing a few settings or playing with a different deck completely changes the experience make it a very rewarding title, even after getting all of the achievements. Can't say that about many games, XBLA or otherwise.

I am intrigued by the new gameplay and the opportunity for a whole new set of achievements. Add to that the fact that with this new version my wife and I can play together online and it's a no-brainer, even at 800 points. The way I see it, 400 points was a bargain for the amount of satisfaction I got out of the original Uno, so I figure it balances out.

I am also glad I downloaded the demo. I don't think 800 points is too much to ask for a game like this. I just had a hard time selecting cards and moving them. I'll stick with the original UNO.

Played the demo and enjoyed it... but I thought about it and realize it was 800 pts for a game I sort of already owned.

I am a sucker for video game versions of card games and board games. I really enjoyed the original UNO on XBLA. Many nights have ended with me falling asleep, controller in hand, to the soothing sounds of UNO.

If I recall correctly, I first saw UNO Rush during the 2008 E3 XBOX Press Conference and have followed it over the past year here and there. I got around to trying the demo today.

Underwhelmed. It was sort of fun. 400 PTS and I would have bought it, but 800 PTS... I'll pass. Oh Microsoft. How I would give you so much more money if you priced things accordingly. It does not feel like a $10 game. It feels like a nice mode to add on to the original UNO.

Maybe in a year or two when it is a XBLA Greatest Hits title I'll pick it up... until then, I'll save my points.

I would definitely get this at 400, but 800, pass. It will definitely get a "deal of the week" or some sort of bundle or giveaway.

After playing a few rounds on the demo, I decided to bite. Good thing I did, my God is this game addicting on line. It's all about quick thinking, you have to plan out your cards by color and/or number according to what others have coming up next, one false move and you can end up giving the game to the guy next to you. Played a lot of partner matches as well, you and your local friend can team up against other 2 players, you still have you own deck but you share your final score.

Took the demo for a spin last night and bought it soon after. I don't get people saying this is just the same Uno. It's completely different gameplay. The original Uno is more about strategy and honestly you don't have to think that much when it's not your turn (which is probably why it's become a makeshift chatroom). This is MUCH more intense. You never turn your brain off, and most of the time you're actually dreading your turn coming around because you don't have your cards ordered yet (and DAMN that shuffle card).

I fell asleep and my wife played til 3:30 in the morning.

bread's done
Back