XBLA - Worms - 400pts

[quote name='njchris']The game is fun, but I miss the physics I play on the PC. And the explosions of the barrels would leave a fire behind (and be affected by the wind if it fell).

The extra weapons.... They skimped on those. Throw a grenade and it sticks instead of bouncing.

It is fun (and I bought it), but I wish they had gone in the other direction.[/QUOTE]

Wow, no physics either?

Thanks, I'm definitely passing on this one, unless a very sweet deal on points cards comes along again someday.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow, no physics either?

Thanks, I'm definitely passing on this one, unless a very sweet deal on points cards comes along again someday.[/QUOTE]

grenades still bounce, and wind still affects things. There just isnt any flames left from the barrels. It is based from the psp and ds versions. The physics do seem toned down and the explosions seem a little smaller than what I remember. Besides that and a couple missing weapons that were fairly usefull that didnt blow up half the screen are missing. Its pretty much the original worms weapons, with newer worms graphics. Played online the other night, thats still a blast.

(First post. Yay!)

I've been swaggering back and forth on whether or not to unload some MS points on this. Mind you, I've never played a Worms game in my life. In fact, upon telling this to my pal he looked at me as if I had offended him.

I'm hearing a lot about people pulling at the end of matches and some slight lag problems. I suppose I can deal with that to SOME extent, but is the online community good for this game?

[quote name='Regian'](First post. Yay!)

I've been swaggering back and forth on whether or not to unload some MS points on this. Mind you, I've never played a Worms game in my life. In fact, upon telling this to my pal he looked at me as if I had offended him.

I'm hearing a lot about people pulling at the end of matches and some slight lag problems. I suppose I can deal with that to SOME extent, but is the online community good for this game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's good and isn't really that laggy.

So when are they gonna start selling us:
-schemes
-levels
-weapons
-voices?

You know they are gonna RAPE us with them.
They'd be stupid not to! I want more weapons in this game! I miss my baseball bat :(

...and really they do need more voices too!

[quote name='lilboo']So when are they gonna start selling us:
-schemes
-levels
-weapons
-voices?

You know they are gonna RAPE us with them.
They'd be stupid not to! I want more weapons in this game! I miss my baseball bat :(

...and really they do need more voices too![/QUOTE]

Let the raping begin!!!

Martyn Brown, Producer at Team 17, posted on his site the following details:

Update is being finalised to fix:

Hosting a four player game where the game crashes, which occurs when more than four players join the lobby. Obviously this isn’t meant to happen
Exploits that slipped through the testing net are to be fixed
AI will hurry the hell up and take 1-2 seconds max
AI also won’t be so deadly accurate with the grenades

DLC to include:

One new theme (background theme, not the dashboard)
Dashboard themes and gamerpics
Considerably more voice-bank options
Considerably more audio (he mentions it separately to voice-banks)
Also, the word filter for Worms is not imposed by Team 17, that is done by Microsoft

http://www.xboxic.com/news/2662#more-2662

Now they tone down the freaking accuracy after i beat it! >.<

That game was so hard, they would throw a grenade from across the map and it would go over my head, do like 3 bounces and land on me directly!

Great to hear about the patch to fix online.

[quote name='Weedy649']Now they tone down the freaking accuracy after i beat it! >.<

That game was so hard, they would throw a grenade from across the map and it would go over my head, do like 3 bounces and land on me directly!

Great to hear about the patch to fix online.[/QUOTE]

The friggin AI is murder with some of that stuff. Wanted to throw my controller a few times. Up to challenge 19 right now.

Hah, we should get a different color achievement when we finished it with the super hard accurate AI. Glad they patched it, the online was a little broken as well. However I play the game online all the time, pure fun and worth the little money you pay.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Hah, we should get a different color achievement when we finished it with the super hard accurate AI.[/quote]
Seriously. Finishing the challenges was a test of keeping my composure and not throwing my controller at my 360.

[quote name='zewone']Seriously. Finishing the challenges was a test of keeping my composure and not throwing my controller at my 360.[/quote]

I only had trouble with 19 and 20. 20 took me many, many tries.

The key to the early challenges is mastering the ninja rope. Once you're swinging like Tarzan, you're golden.

I love me some Worms.

They are fixing the AI? That is bullshit! I slugged my way through all 20 challenges and it was a feat. The deadly accurate grenade bounces were insane.

Challenge 13 gave me the most problems, followed by 20 and 18. Probably spent 3 hours on 13 and close to that on 20.

But it can be done. I say leave the accuracy on the Challenges. I mean that is why it is called an "Achievement."

Just bought this and I'm pretty disappointed with it. I was a huge fan of Worms 2 and Armageddon and this game is nowhere near as good. The lack of sound banks really sucks and was one of those things that gave this series a lot of its personality and not including or offering for download more of those really saps a lot of its charm.

The lack of a large weapon catalog is another major complaint and simply inexcusable. how hard is it to add the weapons from the other games in this series? With no special weapons this game just feels very very plain and bare bones, hell they couldn't even add all the non-special weapons. This was a major turn off for me.

Finally the 3rd nail in the coffin is the lack of a mission mode, aside from multiplayer that was my favorite mode. I found them fun and they also gave the game more value, I never liked the challenge mode. I also wished they would have added a training mode like in Armageddon.

Overall in this current state the game is a waste of points imo.

[quote name='jimbodan']Just bought this and I'm pretty disappointed with it. I was a huge fan of Worms 2 and Armageddon and this game is nowhere near as good. The lack of sound banks really sucks and was one of those things that gave this series a lot of its personality and not including or offering for download more of those really saps a lot of its charm.

The lack of a large weapon catalog is another major complaint and simply inexcusable. how hard is it to add the weapons from the other games in this series? With no special weapons this game just feels very very plain and bare bones, hell they couldn't even add all the non-special weapons. This was a major turn off for me.

Finally the 3rd nail in the coffin is the lack of a mission mode, aside from multiplayer that was my favorite mode. I found them fun and they also gave the game more value, I never liked the challenge mode. I also wished they would have added a training mode like in Armageddon.

Overall in this current state the game is a waste of points imo.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, other than the part about the other Worms games (haven't played them), couldn't agree more. If they were gonna make this so plain and charged extra for more, they should have made it 400 points. For 800, it was a waste. I do not recommend it to you fellow Cheap-Assers

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Yeah, other than the part about the other Worms games (haven't played them), couldn't agree more. If they were gonna make this so plain and charged extra for more, they should have made it 400 points. For 800, it was a waste. I do not recommend it to you fellow Cheap-Assers[/quote]

I have to agree with Macy and Jimbo here. This is the only XBLA purchase I've regretted so far. It's so vanilla and the AI is insanely cheap.

The original game was a strategy game, every game after that with all the crazy ass weapons became "luck" based games. The developer wanted to get the series back to its roots.

I have to agree, while those crazy weapons were fun, there was zero strategy involved. I don't mind the switch back.

I can't believe they are changing the AI after so many people struggled to gain the achievement. It's call a Challenge and an Achievement for a reason. If they dumb it down so everyone can get it, why bother at all? Just give people 40 points for booting up the game.

anyone getting a glitch where the computer worms are teleporting themselves above the map?

happened to me twice on challenge 13

[quote name='rsigley']anyone getting a glitch where the computer worms are teleporting themselves above the map?

happened to me twice on challenge 13[/quote]

that is a known glitch. I beat 13 the first time I played it and the computer never used that with me. it does it sometimes and sometimes it does not do it.

[quote name='CaptainChunk']that is a known glitch. I beat 13 the first time I played it and the computer never used that with me. it does it sometimes and sometimes it does not do it.[/QUOTE]

Please share how. I've played it at least 15 times and haven't come close. I'll try it again, but after that it gets shelved until the patch.

i beat it by going to the top right and burrowing a hole to the top of the map them putting 3 girders over the entrance and letting all the other ones drown

twice doing it tho they teleported above the map, once he shot up at the sky and it froze, but fourth time they just drowned and that was it

Details of the first DLC is in:

Date to follow (we’re expecting the title update to come first and that’s taking priority);

PREMIUM DLC

Gamerpics 150 pts (standard MS pricing)
Worms Dashboard Theme 150 pts (standard MS pricing)
DLC

Speech Pack 1 (FREE) - A dozen or so speech banks. **
Space Theme & Audio (FREE) - New background level to play on
Audio Pack (FREE) - Various background audio and Worms theme
Expect additional speech packs, level themes, more audio, gamerpics and dashboard themes from then on. Some of the content will be charged, some will be free.

**Africaan, Angry Scots, Classic, Cyberworms, Danish2, DanisPyrus, DoubleohSeven, Dutch, Dutch2, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Redneck, Russian, Scouser, Stiff Upper Lip, Swedish & Swedish 2 (Note: It is currently hoped that all speech banks will be supplied FREE).

http://www.xboxic.com/news/2745#more-2745

The article also mentions that the patch should be here in a week or two.

[quote name='lilboo']Very nice! Now, give us some weapons! :)[/QUOTE]

No new weapons.

-------------

Glad to see it's coming soon though.

My biggest qualm with the game is you can't limit the amount of "flavor" scenery when you generate the maps. I miss having artillery-worms games on the double island maps w/o any flavor on them. Too much to catch grenades on with all the palm trees and taxis sitting there. =\

Well they're off to a very good start with this! You can select different speech banks for each team in this version, right? I seem to remember an old worms game where you could only choose one overall voice bank for the whole game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']fucking hell...everything comes out the same week Halo 3 Beta...they couldn't do this before :wall:[/quote]

haha I know, its just like sports on tv, nothing and then 3 or 4 games at once on the same day, cough football on sunday, cough.

So I take it they mean the patch/update will be out on the 17th as well? If I'm not mistaken, don't we get voices and backgrounds for free..?

Now we need a weapons pack, and yes.. I would pay for that!

Interesting - this is the only XBLA game I've actually purchased so far (besides all the Arcade Unplugged games). I had fun with it for a while until I hit the wall with the challenges (can't get past the 13th one I think).

Anyway, haven't played this online yet but would like to. What is this "Worms Day" thing? Isn't that supposed to be today?

Speedier AI would be awesome. I couldn't figure out why it took so long - it can't possibly be that complicated...

Well a patch is supposed to come out to make the AI go faster, as well as tone down their accuracy (because it IS insane!)..

But we are supposed to get some free DLC, like backrounds and voices..and apparently it was today.
Which means we'll get it tomorrow or 2 weeks from now...:roll:

Hum...I would be willing to play this with some CAG's later tonight if they send a FR with a message about CAG w/ it. Who knows, maybe you won't notice any changes until you actually play?

[quote name='lilboo']Well a patch is supposed to come out to make the AI go faster, as well as tone down their accuracy (because it IS insane!)..

But we are supposed to get some free DLC, like backrounds and voices..and apparently it was today.
Which means we'll get it tomorrow or 2 weeks from now...:roll:[/quote]

Spadge posted on the team 17 forums that it should come out next Wednesday (the 23rd)
http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=32160&page=8

bread's done
Back