XBLM Deals Of The Week: Marvel: UA H/V Pack 560pts

robbyH

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Flak']:360: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Heroes/Villians Pack
560pts (Normally 800 points.)[/QUOTE]

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MajorNelson/~3/8GJBd_tjqXY/deal-of-the-week-bionic-commando.aspx

Guess since the big BC game is coming out soon. And the price drop on PSN, XBL is going to make this DotW.

Even though it was announce last week without a DotW tag.

AND NO BI##HING ABOUT NOT PUTTING GOLD MEMBERSHIP IN THE SUBJECT LINE!

You've got to admit, this month they came with three games. Granted the first two (Crash Bandicoot and Brain Challenge) weren't the best. And for this, who doesn't already have this title?

At least it's not DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paddlefoot']Yes, and this example right here is why I hate DLC and downloadable only games. No concept what-so-ever of supply and demand. If Microsoft or Nintendo (not sure about PSN) could sell all of their games on-line, they'd charge $30 for year-old shovelware.

I have looked at DLC for games I got on sale for $7-10 (Best Buy, Blockbuster), but refuse to pay another $10 for DLC that adds another hour or two to the game.[/QUOTE]

DLC is great on an open platform with competition, like the PC. Just look at all the Steam/Impulse/GOG deals. Steam consistently has full retail games for $5.

On a closed platform, like the consoles, the deals are less frequent. This DLC should already have dropped in price to much less than this sale price. I can't imagine they are still selling this content in any meaningful numbers, whereas if they dropped it to $2 or $3 they would get a lot more impulse buys.

while the price of it is high, the pack's characters are quite fun to play. Magneto is just a beast, which was the main reason I bought it way back when I first got this game.

Why is Bionic Commando still in the updated topic, when it's been pretty clearly established at this point that it's not a deal (for this week, at least)?

[quote name='Slappybob']Dang it when are they going to do Castle Crashers on sale![/QUOTE]

Buy a code from Ebay, there's a thread about it on here somewhere... I got Castle Crashers for $8.27 after live cashback. :applause:

[quote name='simmias']This guy sells 4000 point cards for $35 quite often. I've bought two from him and others here have bought from him as well... never a problem.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Neotribal']Buy a code from Ebay, there's a thread about it on here somewhere... I got Castle Crashers for $8.27 after live cashback. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Random people selling codes from an unknown source on eBay make me nervous, whether people have had good luck with them so far or not. I don't need MS canceling my account for using fraudulent codes somewhere later down the line if the sellers are doing something illicit and they catch on to it. I'd be a lot more comfortable if I was sure the sources of the codes were legit.

I find it funny that the DLC for a game that stores are more-or-less throwing from the shelves, costs three times as much as the actual game.

You can buy the Marvel game for 3.33 at Gamecrazy now, for a DLC with 8 more characters, you're paying three times that. But wait! It's on SALE, 6 bucks for 8 characters seems reasonable -.-

OK, so not to sound like a broken record, but is it confirmed that the 360 bionic commando is NOT 400 Pts? And if not, is it becoming 400 pts soon?

[quote name='Rollobobo']OK, so not to sound like a broken record, but is it confirmed that the 360 bionic commando is NOT 400 Pts? And if not, is it becoming 400 pts soon?[/QUOTE]

You so lazy. I'm looking at it right now and it says 800 points. It should be 400 later on the week (I have Gold btw).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hoffer']MS is so lame on their deals. $3 off a $10 item really doesn't feel like that big a deal.[/QUOTE]
Yeah if they're going to rip off Steam they also need to rip off the 50-90% off that Steam has on their weekend deals.

[quote name='projectionist']Haha. I hate it when people are actually serious about that. I tell them go work one shift at McDonald's and then your whole YEAR's subscription is paid off.

But why should I pay? PSN is free!
You're receiving an amazing online service with an unparalleled marketplace. Considering you can usually find a 12+1 card for $29.99, it's a steal.[/QUOTE]

I agree, who is on Live who is not Gold at this point? There are subscription deals on this site all the time so you can get the much ballyhooed Gold staus for < $3 a month.

Does anyone know if you can load a MUA Gold save with the regular edition of MUA with the expansion pack purchased?

Still kicking myself for selling my gold edition a while back.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']My understanding is that the M:UA DLC is necessary for the 250 extra points. Is that correct? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That is correct.

[quote name='Suraph']That is correct.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, in that case I'll probably picked it up. Haven't played the game in ages and this is just the incentive I need.

[quote name='Suraph']Does anyone know if you can load a MUA Gold save with the regular edition of MUA with the expansion pack purchased?

Still kicking myself for selling my gold edition a while back.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Gold saves are in a different format than the regular plus DLC add-on, which would make them incompatible.

This is a pleasant surprise. I was looking at the DLC awhile back but was not willing to spend the money for it. I guess it's time to pick this up as well. Funny thing is, I paid around $7 for my copy of M:UA and Forza, and this costs around the price I paid for the game.

[quote name='kylerg']Find a Gold Edition.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm....$30 anywhere for a used gold edition, or $7 for the regular plus forza 2, and another $7 for the DLC to make the regular have the same as the gold.

Even though I am a fan of usually getting it all packaged together on physical copy, Its hard to make an argument for gold when its twice as much as the regular + DLC, and you get a second game as well.

[quote name='bywaytm']hmmmm....$30 anywhere for a used gold edition, or $7 for the regular plus forza 2, and another $7 for the DLC to make the regular have the same as the gold.

Even though I am a fan of usually getting it all packaged together on physical copy, Its hard to make an argument for gold when its twice as much as the regular + DLC, and you get a second game as well.[/QUOTE]
EXACTLY.

I don't see how ANY self-respecting CAGer would recommend to anyone to find a Gold edition, when they have NEVER been on sale to my knowledge, and aren't available for less than $25- $30 at least.

M:UA + Forza2 is less than $10, easily available on EBay.
+$7 for the DLC, and it's a no-brainer.

Hell, the whole game is SO cheap, I'm finding it hard to pull the trigger on DLC that costs more than the game - and this has been one of my most-targeted DLC purchases (other than Rock Band songs).

[quote name='reapersaurus']EXACTLY.

I don't see how ANY self-respecting CAGer would recommend to anyone to find a Gold edition, when they have NEVER been on sale to my knowledge, and aren't available for less than $25- $30 at least.

M:UA + Forza2 is less than $10, easily available on EBay.
+$7 for the DLC, and it's a no-brainer.

Hell, the whole game is SO cheap, I'm finding it hard to pull the trigger on DLC that costs more than the game - and this has been one of my most-targeted DLC purchases (other than Rock Band songs).[/QUOTE]

For a couple of months, Amazon had the Gold for a little less than $15, but that's a distant memory.

[quote name='opportunity777']For a couple of months, Amazon had the Gold for a little less than $15, but that's a distant memory.[/QUOTE]

If you warm up the time machine I'll bring my wallet. :lol:

"Deal"?

No, I don't think so. When you buy the H/V pack, it's been 500 points forever.. It's only gone up to 800 recently, so they can do a "deal".

But isn't the new game coming out any week now?
I would thing that the sequel would have everything these packs have AND some improvements.
Or am I way off and the new game isn't coming till fall?

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']But isn't the new game coming out any week now?
I would thing that the sequel would have everything these packs have AND some improvements.
Or am I way off and the new game isn't coming till fall?[/QUOTE]

The new game is scheduled to be released in the third or fourth quarter of this year.

bread's done
Back