Xbox 1600 & Wii 2000 Point Cards for $17.99 each @ Amazon

Thanks OP, got 3 since its almost the same amount i'll pay for 1 4000 point card with tax in nj and get 800 more points.

Like you say, OP, it's tough finding any kind of discount on these. I would probably get one, but I've wasted enough money in the arcade recently. Plus, Unplugged will be here soon.

I don't like passing up XBL Points card deals but considering I still have $135 of points left, I think I'll pass on this. Hopefully someone has a $15 point card soon.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44'] Plus, Unplugged will be here soon.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me for being dumb but what are you talking about? Is there a new volume of live unplugged coming out that I never heard about?

Extremely tempting (eagerly awaiting Rez HD and I want the Halo 3 maps), but because of the fact that I'd need to spend 25 to get free shipping, I'll just buy a card in store.

[quote name='dg7md']Extremely tempting (eagerly awaiting Rez HD and I want the Halo 3 maps), but because of the fact that I'd need to spend 25 to get free shipping, I'll just buy a card in store.[/QUOTE]
Just buy 2?

[quote name='jhaymond1']Just buy 2?[/quote]
I would but don't really need to get two cards, wouldn't want to put another charge of 20 on my card for something I don't really need for a while. Thanks for the suggestion though.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Excuse me for being dumb but what are you talking about? Is there a new volume of live unplugged coming out that I never heard about?[/quote]

No, sorry. There are rumors of another Unplugged, but no official word, yet. What I meant was, I got in on the $8 Unplugged at Amazon, so I really have no need for more Arcade games, which is basically all I really buy with my points.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']No, sorry. There are rumors of another Unplugged, but no official word, yet. What I meant was, I got in on the $8 Unplugged at Amazon, so I really have no need for more Arcade games, which is basically all I really buy with my points.[/QUOTE]

Ok understood , my bad. I just pcked up Unplugged Vol. 1 from TRU myself for 10. Kinda kicked myelf when i saw amazon put it on sale a day later.

I'm as cheapass as anyone and I'm completely new to Live, but why not just buy the points on Live? . . . looks like 1500 points would be about $18

[quote name='schultzed']I'm as cheapass as anyone and I'm completely new to Live, but why not just buy the points on Live? . . . looks like 1500 points would be about $18[/quote]

Points via live are $20 +tax for 1600 points. Here you save $2 plus most states don't have to pay tax when shopping on Amazon.

It's a good deal because point cards VERY RARELY go on sale. Ask anyone who keeps up with 360 deals and they will tell u the same

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']No, sorry. There are rumors of another Unplugged, but no official word, yet. What I meant was, I got in on the $8 Unplugged at Amazon, so I really have no need for more Arcade games, which is basically all I really buy with my points.[/QUOTE]
I jumped on that deal too. :)

I want the cards though for the Halo maps & Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. And Forza packs when I finally nab a holiday elite.
sirlinbalancessf2.jpg

i find this odd as its getting so much attention as ive seen wii point cards at this price numerous times on amazon (which makes me wonder why the price just doesn't stay at $17.99 since i think i may have only seen it once at the normal $19.99 price, if i even ever did)

Uhh don't you have to pay shipping for these? If you do then won't they end up around the same as buying them online?

There is no tax, so that helps. Plus, a lot of people have Amazon Prime, so they have fre two-day shipping. Lastly, if there is something else you want, $25 worth of products make you eligible for free shipping.

[quote name='dg7md']Extremely tempting (eagerly awaiting Rez HD and I want the Halo 3 maps), but because of the fact that I'd need to spend 25 to get free shipping, I'll just buy a card in store.[/quote]

trust me, buy these in bulk. The amount of money you'd spend in gas more than makes up for this.

I hope this question doesn't come out wrong, because I swear I don't mean it derogatory:

For those who are jumping on this deal, what is the impetus behind it? Were you eyeing a $19.99 card in the store and thinking to yourself "if it was only $2 less expensive....."? To me, if I can't afford a $19.99 card, I can't afford a $17.99 card either. The $2 doesn't swing me one way or the other.

Again, since tone can't really be gleaned in written form well, I want to reiterate that my question is not sarcastic or has any snarky subtext.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I hope this question doesn't come out wrong, because I swear I don't mean it derogatory:

For those who are jumping on this deal, what is the impetus behind it? Were you eyeing a $19.99 card in the store and thinking to yourself "if it was only $2 less expensive....."? To me, if I can't afford a $19.99 card, I can't afford a $17.99 card either. The $2 doesn't swing me one way or the other.

Again, since tone can't really be gleaned in written form well, I want to reiterate that my question is not sarcastic or has any snarky subtext.[/QUOTE]

If you were to buy them in store (here in CA), they'd cost 19.99 + tax which would come out to around $21.64. If you buy them from Amazon, you end up saving $3.65 which is about 17%. Here at CAG, a penny saved is a penny earned.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I hope this question doesn't come out wrong, because I swear I don't mean it derogatory:

Again, since tone can't really be gleaned in written form well, I want to reiterate that my question is not sarcastic or has any snarky subtext.[/quote]

This is CAG.

This item is almost never on sale.

I have only seen one deal on these cards since I've visited this site, and that was an ad mistake. I personally ordered 3 of them and would buy more, except, I think they're be a better mistake sometime in the near future.

This is like finding a deal on gift cards, or saving money on money, basically.

Again, since tone can't really be gleaned in written form well, I want to reiterate that my question is not sarcastic or has any snarky subtext.[/quote]

tax, gas money, convenience. assuming most people are buying 2+ cards.......saving up to $3.25 on each card ($2 discount plus $1.25 tax) could mean saving $10 on 3 cards. that's like a free XBLA game or two. it might not seem like much, but saving $2 here and there adds up.

I appreciate the posts. I understand the reasoning behind it. I guess my question was if you need points, why not have bought them already? I agree with a penny saved is a penny earned, this is CAG after all, but if money wasnt' tight, I would have bought it in-store at $19.99 already, as opposed to waiting for some deal that may or may not happen, which it, obviously, did.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I appreciate the posts. I understand the reasoning behind it. I guess my question was if you need points, why not have bought them already? I agree with a penny saved is a penny earned, this is CAG after all, but if money wasnt' tight, I would have bought it in-store at $19.99 already, as opposed to waiting for some deal that may or may not happen, which it, obviously, did.[/quote]

I personally have bought these for the future. When I will actually need them.

[quote name='derder']I personally have bought these for the future. When I will actually need them.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. It just seemed like some people were waiting to buy the cards until a price drop (this one) happened, as if $19.99 was too much but $17.99 was just right.

Alright, cool. I kinda feel like I did some thread hijacking, so I apologize if so. I'll leave this thread and let it get back to normal.

Thanks....

[quote name='PikaPichu']If you were to buy them in store (here in CA), they'd cost 19.99 + tax which would come out to around $21.64. If you buy them from Amazon, you end up saving $3.65 which is about 17%. Here at CAG, a penny saved is a penny earned.[/quote]

Add me to that list, whilst having college ass-rape my bank account at the same time.

Hell, the ~$3-4 saved for me is usually either dinner or goes back into my gas tank.

Whenever there is the slightest chance of a discount, I'll jump on it.

Do point cards actually have tax? I recall buying a card once at GS and not having to pay any bit of tax on it. I was puzzled about it and asked the cashier and she said that the cards don't have tax. This was one of the 4000 point cards back about 6 months ago.

bread's done
Back