Xbox 360 120 GB HDD deals?

If you have an EDGE card, GameStop is probably the best used deal. It's $100 regular, so $90 with the eternal 10% coupon, bringing it down to $80 with EDGE.

Some might suggest getting the cheap drives that show up on eBay, but I'd pass. They are clearly the result of someone getting a hold of defective drives, opening up the casing, and putting in the model of Western Digital drive that MS uses. If you're gonna buy one of those, you might as well do the mod yourself.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If you have an EDGE card, GameStop is probably the best used deal. It's $100 regular, so $90 with the eternal 10% coupon, bringing it down to $80 with EDGE.

Some might suggest getting the cheap drives that show up on eBay, but I'd pass. They are clearly the result of someone getting a hold of defective drives, opening up the casing, and putting in the model of Western Digital drive that MS uses. If you're gonna buy one of those, you might as well do the mod yourself.[/quote]

I don't have an edge card because I virtually never buy anything at game stores, just trade on CAG.

Haven't been able to trade for a HDD yet though. Maybe it's time to get an edge card.

Well, think about it like this. If you got the EDGE card when you go for the hard drive, it would be applied to your purchase. So, instead of $15 for the year, it's like getting it for $5. Take part in one B2G1 within the year, and you'll make out it in the end. Plus, you'll get the year's worth of GI. At the very least, you can line an animal cage with it.

Those are just like the eBay drives I was talking about. They were not manufactured by Microsoft. If you read further down in the product description (if you happen to know pidgin English), they even say so.

*NEW UPDATE* -2009/3/14

This is not the genuine as we clarify early 2 days, we've found out that Microsoft Xbox 360 doesn't has the 120GB hard disk drive, this is due to the wrong info the supplier provided and we didn't check it modestly, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience caused.
For the customer who placed the order before this announcement posted, we will contact you within 24

but even if it just a modded laptop hard drive to work with the 360, it works fine.

Is it easy to get a transfer kit from MS?

They were $125 on Amazon a couple weeks ago. Now it's $135. $90 (or $80) sounds a lot better...though I haven't found any in the local stores Used.

I bought a brand new from Sears just 3 days ago for $70. Some people's stores are selling them at $50 apparently.

Reading the different treads about the 120 gb it's very YMMV for getting that really great price at sears for it.

Sadly I have yet to find it in the sears I visit.

Man, I've been having a hell of a time finding this 120 GB HDD for cheap. I've been to almost every Sears & K-Mart near Boston with no results :(

Guys please refrain from buying the non-genuine, cheaper drives on eBay. When they do those mods (20gb -> 120gb upgrades through the WD BEVs hack) they use a public serial to put onto the new 120gb that allows it to be 360 compatible. All MS needs to do is run an inquiry and they will see thousands of drives respond with an identical key. I don't think they have banned for this yet but I don't see why they wouldn't.

Oh, and if you do buy from that link (through netdirectbargains on eBay) here is a 5% off discount code to use with them: 5OFF50ND

Not sure is there a code use limitation but if there is please say if you use the code :)

bread's done
Back