XBox 360 120gb Hard Drive $99.99 at Circuit City

[quote name='whodat']Anyone have the UPC for this drive? I'm trying to call around to local CCs but no one ever picks up the phone! LOL[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem trying to verify the price, or the hours of the store!! (The website says one thing, the phone messages say another) sheesh.

I went to my Circuit City here in Sacramento and all they had were 20gb HDD's! I was excited for about 5 seconds when I looked in the case since I thought they were the 120's. Oh well, good job to all those who were able to snag some.

I called around (Philly area) and NO one has these things. I actually had a helpful CC employee that did a search of stores in the area. Nada. Thanks anyway for the help guys. Love the site.

[quote name='whodat']I called around (Philly area) and NO one has these things. I actually had a helpful CC employee that did a search of stores in the area. Nada. Thanks anyway for the help guys. Love the site.[/QUOTE]

yep. a few weeks back i called all philly-area CCs and they didn't even carry the thing. horrible.

ended up getting one $100 shipped from amazon, with the help of a gift card.

Does anyone actual need 120 GB? That seems like a little overkill for gaming, but I guess I am behind the times.

4888241374e8c62ddd9b4c3cfd091f96.gif

[quote name='gamezgallore']Does anyone actual need 120 GB? That seems like a little overkill for gaming, but I guess I am behind the times.

[/QUOTE]
I would really like one now but its only for the ability to copy the games to the hard drive and run them without the disc drive having to do so much work (in other words minimize noise)

[quote name='gamezgallore']Does anyone actual need 120 GB? That seems like a little overkill for gaming, but I guess I am behind the times.

[/QUOTE]

I'm about maxed out from all the XBLA games and Rockband tracks I've bought. Have 1 gig left on my 20GB.

If you are active on live, 120 is very necessary.

Which leads me to another point; I really think Microsoft should offer an upgrade deal for those that have filled their hard drives up buying their shit.

Checked out 2 CC store (pasadena and monrovia, ca) but no 120 left :cry:

I guess I'll just stick with my 20GB for the time being then unless another deal comes along.

[/QUOTE]

Now a day, even 120GB can be filled up easily with Demos, movies, disc dump.

[/quote]
120 GB is nothing ;)
smile.gif

Idk what type of HDD the 360 takes.. but this deal kind of sucks to be honest compared to the 320GB SATA HDD I got for my PS3.. it was $60 after a $20 rebate.

Again im not sure what type of HDD the 360 takes but..in my mind this deal isnt as nearly great compared to the other ones going on.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm about maxed out from all the XBLA games and Rockband tracks I've bought. Have 1 gig left on my 20GB.

If you are active on live, 120 is very necessary.

Which leads me to another point; I really think Microsoft should offer an upgrade deal for those that have filled their hard drives up buying their shit.[/quote]

I had a 20GB, before I swapped it out with a PC 120GB drive which only cost me $30 ($40 including tax & shipping). It voids the warranty on the 360 HDD, but HDD almost never have problems. It is the easiest mod I have ever done. It's the console itself that shouldn't be tampered with. ;)

$79.96 price confirmed at Van Nuys, CA (I decided to drive over in the rain since no one ever answered the $#@%@# phone)-- none in stock but they PMd my previous purchase with no questions. (on day 30!)

No luck at my CC. Funny how Best Buy across the street was bustling and CC was looking like it was a Wednesday evening. Well it was but ya know it's holiday shopping time.

[quote name='FurryCurry']No luck at my CC. Funny how Best Buy across the street was bustling and CC was looking like it was a Wednesday evening. Well it was but ya know it's holiday shopping time.[/quote]

I stopped by CC this week to get a couple of games. One of the games was in a locked case. Employee disappeared several times looking for the key. Finally I had to move on to my next appointment, and left empty-handed. Best Buy stopped locking up their games long ago. Shouldn't be a surprise that the store that keeps treating their customers like criminals - and isn't prepared for the consequences - is the store that's bankrupt.

BTW I'm pretty sure there are none of these hard drives within several light years of here, but I'm happy for those of you that can still get them.

[quote name='neoKEN']I had a 20GB, before I swapped it out with a PC 120GB drive which only cost me $30 ($40 including tax & shipping). It voids the warranty on the 360 HDD, but HDD almost never have problems. It is the easiest mod I have ever done. It's the console itself that shouldn't be tampered with. ;)[/quote]

I've thought about doing this. Get a Jasper Arcade Bundle, then get one of the refurb 20GB + Refurb Wireless Controller for $40, then swap the drive. Can you point me to tutorials on how to do this? Will MS ban you from LIVE?

The ones I have seen say you need a mod chip.

It is not sure if you will be banned by MS or not, since you will be using a key for a 120GB drive that is shared by hundreds if not thousands of people.
The process it self is not too complicated but you would still be taking risks.
And I think you can only use certain Western Digital drives.

[quote name='playing mantis']I've thought about doing this. Get a Jasper Arcade Bundle, then get one of the refurb 20GB + Refurb Wireless Controller for $40, then swap the drive. Can you point me to tutorials on how to do this? Will MS ban you from LIVE?

The ones I have seen say you need a mod chip.[/quote]

Might just have to get a 120 at this price i got 4gb left on my 20... and theres DLC coming out for all my games soon.... ughhh

^
same here...might wait after xmas though.

Just wanna say the CC @ Maryland & Twain by UNLV has about 5 of them still in stock.

[quote name='naiku']^

Just wanna say the CC @ Maryland & Twain by UNLV has about 5 of them still in stock.[/quote]

:cry:

Any way to get BB to pricematch this? Or would I need an ad to prove the price?

I did some hunting last night for this in the Houston, TX area. Just to let folks know, the CC in Willowbrook is out, the CC in Humble has one in inventory but can't find it, and the CC in the Woodlands has 2 in inventory that they can't find (they had 3, but that's where I found mine after the staff spent almost half an hour hunting for it).

Also, the CC in Humble can lookup inventory at other stores, although when they called the Woodlands for me to confirm inventory and put a hold on the drive for me, the person they talked to magically failed to exist when I got to the Woodlands.

Would a scan of the receipt help any of the rest of you get a price match at BB, or would you have to have the original receipt? I'd be willing to meet up with some of you in the northern Houston area to visit other stores with my receipt for an attempt at price matching, just send me a Private Message to see if we can coordinate a time.

[quote name='playing mantis']I've thought about doing this. Get a Jasper Arcade Bundle, then get one of the refurb 20GB + Refurb Wireless Controller for $40, then swap the drive. Can you point me to tutorials on how to do this? Will MS ban you from LIVE?[/QUOTE]

I've thought about doing this exact thing. Problem is, it's not really worth it when you add up all of the costs involved.

The root problem is that in order to swap in a 120GB drive, you must use a Western Digital WD1200BEVS drive. These drives cost about $55. Here's a link to the drive at newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136072

So, there's 55 bucks for the new 120 GB drive plus the additional 40 you'd have to spend to get the original 20GB drive. Then all of the hassle involved in the mod itself. Also, by performing the mod, you run the risk of being banned from Xbox Live. MS hasn't banned this particular mod yet, but no one can guarantee that they won't in the future. It's just not worth it if you can find a used official MS brand 120GB drive for around $80-100.

[quote name='bubo']I did some hunting last night for this in the Houston, TX area. Just to let folks know, the CC in Willowbrook is out, the CC in Humble has one in inventory but can't find it, and the CC in the Woodlands has 2 in inventory that they can't find (they had 3, but that's where I found mine after the staff spent almost half an hour hunting for it).

Also, the CC in Humble can lookup inventory at other stores, although when they called the Woodlands for me to confirm inventory and put a hold on the drive for me, the person they talked to magically failed to exist when I got to the Woodlands.

Would a scan of the receipt help any of the rest of you get a price match at BB, or would you have to have the original receipt? I'd be willing to meet up with some of you in the northern Houston area to visit other stores with my receipt for an attempt at price matching, just send me a Private Message to see if we can coordinate a time.[/quote]

So you gave the CC guy the UPC number to look up the inventory?
Thanks

[quote name='chior']So you gave the CC guy the UPC number to look up the inventory?
Thanks[/quote]

I wish it was that simple! You have to find the guy with the touchpad computer who can do inventory lookups, and tell him what you are looking for. He kept trying to tell me that only the Elite system had that size hard drive, and pulled up a console only list to prove it to me. When I pointed out that they had a stack of 60GB hard drives on the shelf that weren't on his console only list, he finally pulled up an accessory list (funny enough, it was in the PS3 category, although it seemed to list all accessories regardless of console) and located it in that list. From there he was able to query other stores inventories.

[quote name='msuna']shit out of luck by me. The cc had 2 in inventory but could not locate either.Bullshit[/quote]

Yeah, after seeing how the Humble CC did their backstock, I'm not surprised they are going bankrupt. They had large plastic bins behind the shelves, with random accessories from all of the different consoles just tossed in willy-nilly. These boxes were behind the shevles, without enough room for anyone to actually go down the shelf looking in all of the boxes. The guy who looked for me just poked at the top layer of the first couple of boxes, and announced that they would not be able to find it.

[quote name='Sparta11']120 GB is nothing ;)
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

I wasn't even using over 100MB on my HD until I was able to load games on the HD. Then just three loaded games took all but 800MB. I was lucky to get the last one at my CC a week ago. It was still marked at the retail price but I took a chance to get it price checked. Now I have lots more games loaded up and I don't have to hear the DVD drive anymore...

[quote name='drktrpr1']I'm still seriously considering the mod...is it really easy? Can I transfer my save games/downloads on my current 20 GB?[/QUOTE]

I have heard it's easy. You can only transfer if you acquire a cable which involves finding someone that has one from buying a 120GB or calling microsoft.

[quote name='bubo']I wish it was that simple! You have to find the guy with the touchpad computer who can do inventory lookups, and tell him what you are looking for. He kept trying to tell me that only the Elite system had that size hard drive, and pulled up a console only list to prove it to me. When I pointed out that they had a stack of 60GB hard drives on the shelf that weren't on his console only list, he finally pulled up an accessory list (funny enough, it was in the PS3 category, although it seemed to list all accessories regardless of console) and located it in that list. From there he was able to query other stores inventories.
[/quote] I am wondering if you could tell us the model number shown on your receipt? The customer service people should be able do the inventory check using the model # based on my previous experience.

thanks

Good News CAG's

I too was on the search for the $99 dollar hard drive. All the CC's I checked still had it for $125 bucks if any. So I took the advice of another CAG and sent out a request to microsoft for a data transfer cable. Within a week maybe I got one free, no shipping charges either.

Now the good part is that my local EB & GS (Newnan & Union City,GA) has used 120 hard drives for $99 dollars. 10% off with edge card plus 10% off with coupon thats out there and its down to $79 bucks

Here is a link for the request - http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/MigrationKit-OrderForm.pdf

[quote name='chior']I am wondering if you could tell us the model number shown on your receipt? The customer service people should be able do the inventory check using the model # based on my previous experience.

thanks[/quote]

Now that's the funny thing. The CC I bought it from had the older computer system, and the receipt lists the UPC number as the model. It was posted earlier in this thread, but here's the number again: 882224460941

I have an extra 20GB enclosure, and thought about doing it too.
Worried about getting banned though. Have a MU that I use for my profiles too, so I'd transfer with that. Anything too large I would re-DL.

Great, tut I just read said no Vista :(

[quote name='naiku']^

Just wanna say the CC @ Maryland & Twain by UNLV has about 5 of them still in stock.[/quote]

i went in there today and they didnt have any. just 3 60gb drives and a 20gb.

Just got the last one at my local CC today for $79.96. I hope they will do extra 30% off for all clearance items.
They also have Logitech Harmony Xbox 360 Remote for $45.xx

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hiamiyumi']Just got the last one at my local CC today for $79.96. I hope they will do extra 30% off for all clearance items.
They also have Logitech Harmony Xbox 360 Remote for $45.xx[/QUOTE]
Damn you!

Can I buy it from you?

[quote name='drktrpr1']I'm still seriously considering the mod...is it really easy? Can I transfer my save games/downloads on my current 20 GB?[/quote]
Western Digital 120GB 5400RPM SATA 2.5" Laptop Hard Drive for $30 + $5 shipping. This is where I got mine

http://www.grassrootscomputers.com/..._SATA/WD1200BEVS_RECF/partinfo-id-218196.html
The modding part is easy. Connect the 120GB to your PC, Boot with a usb drive and run some simple software. Then Just open up the 20GB HDD case and swap it with the 120GB.

You can still transfer your save games and downloads. If you aren't using a memory card or the MS data transfer cable, transfering may be a bit more complicated. I avoided that part by just starting my 120GB from scratch since I just recently got my 360 anyways.

This is a good skill to know because what if MS introduce an even bigger hard drive? You would be able to purchase a similar drive at that size for a lot cheaper. I installed a lot of games that I played frequently. The faster load time is a time saver if you count them all up.

[quote name='neoKEN']Western Digital 120GB 5400RPM SATA 2.5" Laptop Hard Drive for $30 + $5 shipping. This is where I got mine

http://www.grassrootscomputers.com/..._SATA/WD1200BEVS_RECF/partinfo-id-218196.html
The modding part is easy. Connect the 120GB to your PC, Boot with a usb drive and run some simple software. Then Just open up the 20GB HDD case and swap it with the 120GB.

You can still transfer your save games and downloads. If you aren't using a memory card or the MS data transfer cable, transfering may be a bit more complicated. I avoided that part by just starting my 120GB from scratch since I just recently got my 360 anyways.

This is a good skill to know because what if MS introduce an even bigger hard drive? You would be able to purchase a similar drive at that size for a lot cheaper. I installed a lot of games that I played frequently. The faster load time is a time saver if you count them all up.[/quote]
1. Does this ban you from XBL?

2. Does this void your warranty? (How would M$ know anyway?)

will be attempting a $20 adjustment later tonight...

Took a lil arguing but received the $20 credit and promptly spent it on the discounted throne for GHWT ($14.99)...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked one up at my store today for $79.96. Still have a sticker of $179.99 and when I asked how much, CS said $99.99. Of course it ended up $79.96. Hopefully there will be a 30% off clearance w/i 30 days.

all the vegas stores are out.

But somewhat of a brightside. I called one store and they said they had one and put it on hold for me. I show up and low and behold they put 1 20gb hard drive on hold and not a 120gb harddrive. But nice enough they gave me a $24 giftcard for my troubles.

[quote name='willc23']Picked one up at my store today for $79.96. Still have a sticker of $179.99 and when I asked how much, CS said $99.99. Of course it ended up $79.96. Hopefully there will be a 30% off clearance w/i 30 days.[/quote]
Is that one of the stores that are closing or one that will remain open in '09?

They should just give everyone a 60gb HDD if you trade in your 20gb back to microsoft, i mean they paid 50 mil for GTA 4 episodes to be exclusive...

Absolutely none near me. No surprise really.

My Circuit City isn't closing, but it should. It looked like a damn ghost town. Mind you, this is right in the middle of the busiest shopping center around (with a Target and Best Buy close buy). BB and Target were slammed.

I've checked two circuit citys near me, both were practically empty, and had virtually nothing left as far as video games are concerned. Too bad, I'd love to pick one up.

bread's done
Back