XBOX 360 20 GB $259.99 @BB,Amazon

its now only JandR.com selling it on Amazon, not Amazon itself, so there no free shipping on it (JandR is charging $16.63 shipping on it)

That's just too tempting. Though i guess for another $40 you could get the 60gb, that's $1 per extra gig of hard drive space.

[quote name='mlanning84']It's how much it cost at Toys R Us, so this might be the price drop for it.[/quote]

All 360's dropped at TRU as of today.

Arcade $199
20g $259
60g $299
Elite $399

I still think that getting the arcade bundle + 60gb hdd separate is an awesome deal.
You get 5 arcade titles, a headset, 3 months of XBL, and a memory card for the same price as the 60gb 360.

It's a better deal if you buy the Arcade bundle at CircuitCity with that $40 coupon

[quote name='lilboo']I still think that getting the arcade bundle + 60gb hdd separate is an awesome deal.
You get 5 arcade titles, a headset, 3 months of XBL, and a memory card for the same price as the 60gb 360.

It's a better deal if you buy the Arcade bundle at CircuitCity with that $40 coupon[/quote]

!

And if you get it next week, it comes with a free 1600 points card. :hot:

Good idea, lilboo. Thanks!

I can wait. I still have my 20 GB hard drive. Hehehe...

I just need an interim 360 right now, and can certainly wait for the 60 GB HDD in November.

But yes, good idea. :mrgreen:

*scribbles note*

[quote name='lilboo']I still think that getting the arcade bundle + 60gb hdd separate is an awesome deal.

It's a better deal if you buy the Arcade bundle at CircuitCity with that $40 coupon[/quote]

That would be great if the coupon didn't say that it excludes gaming consoles...

Does the Arcade still come with a wired controller though? You also would be out the component video cable.

[quote name='Bad']That would be great if the coupon didn't say that it excludes gaming consoles...[/quote]

Apparently, while it says "excludes consoles" it actually discounts if applied. :whistle2:#

[quote name='MC Hampster']Does the Arcade still come with a wired controller though? You also would be out the component video cable.[/quote]

Looks like the Arcade bundle comes with a wireless controller now:

• Xbox 360 Arcade console is everything you need to begin playing right out of the box, including Family Settings that allow parents to restrict game access for younger players. Comes with a wireless controller, five arcade games, and a memory unit. This console includes an HDMI output, so you can experience your games in the highest definition possible, up to 1080p (HDMI cable sold separately)
    http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Core..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220638952&sr=8-1

[quote name='chasemurata']Apparently, while it says "excludes consoles" it actually discounts if applied. :whistle2:#[/quote]

Can you link me to this coupon? Also, any word if CC is selling the 20gb for the new price?

The coupon is found in this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195999

I was going the arcade route myself. I bought it already today at Gamestop since I had tons of credit there. For some reason they only charged like 1$ in tax when it should have been 7.5%. I have the 20GB HDD at home that I bought for 40 shipped and I plan to sell the 256MB memory card and use a 64MB one I got at sears.

[quote name='chasemurata']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195999

Booyakasha.

I'm headed to CC after work. I'll check to see if the 20 GB bundle is reduced and up for sale.[/quote]

Thanks - please keep us posted!

EDIT: CC in Fairfax, VA didn't honor the coupon. In fact, they didn't have any 20gb models and weren't even aware of the price drops until I showed them their own web page. Of course, the store just had their grand opening at 5pm tonight, so I guess they were still getting some things sorted out.

I'm going to wait for a better deal. If I could get the 20gb for $259.99 tax and shipped free, I'd be sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bretters']The CC coupon worked for me - got a 360 arcade :D[/quote]

Now I feel even worse for buying a PS3. At least I got the MGS4 bundle with the $100 giftcard but that still doesn't help much. How can you tell if a 360 is using the new, more reliable chipset?

I think if you can find a 20GB model at Game Crazy, they retail for $249.99 new. I did a swap for a defective for a customer, and it was priced that. So, if you wanna save ten bucks or so on a 20, Game Crazy might not be a bad idea.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Now I feel even worse for buying a PS3. At least I got the MGS4 bundle with the $100 giftcard but that still doesn't help much. How can you tell if a 360 is using the new, more reliable chipset?[/quote]

Usually if they're just any new model nowadays. If it's got an HDMI port and the box says "Go Pro", that might be what you're looking for.

Let me see if I understand this:

There is a 60GB hard drive being released in November for ~$100

Right now i could get a 20GB 360 for $250-260 OR the arcade for $200, then the separate hard drive in 2 months.

Is it worth 50 bucks for 40GB, 5 crappy(?) games and a memory card?

What is the memory card for if you have a HDD?

These aren't rhetorical questions - I really am confused!

[quote name='rsulway']Let me see if I understand this:

There is a 60GB hard drive being released in November for ~$100

Right now i could get a 20GB 360 for $250-260 OR the arcade for $200, then the separate hard drive in 2 months.

Is it worth 50 bucks for 40GB, 5 crappy(?) games and a memory card?

What is the memory card for if you have a HDD?

These aren't rhetorical questions - I really am confused![/QUOTE]

Bigger hard drive = more games you can install after the next dashboard update.
Pacman:CE, Boom Boom Rocket, and Uno are good

Memory unit can be good if you wanted to go to someone elses house and use your gamertag.

Also the arcade doesn't come with component cables if you are wanting to connect it to an HDTV.

I pulled the trigger and picked mine up at Game Crazy. I traded in a copy of Tiger Woods 08 for PS3 and got:

The 20gb system
1 year MVP Membership
A used copy of Bioshock

Total with tax was $289.55

Now, to find a cheap ass way to get online wirelessly...any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back