XBOX 360 20GB Hard Drives

bb4lake

CAGiversary!
Here is a little bit of an odd request and also some questions. My brother-in-law has a 360 Pro and I wanted to borrow it but get my own 20GB hard drive for it to use for myself. Can I just swap one in and it work like that until I get my own Arcade model later and stick it in, or does the hard drive somehow attach itself to that Xbox?

Since it is a Pro model I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible to use Microsoft's refurb deal so where can I find a cheap 20GB? Thanks guys!

It won't attach itself to the system, so you could grab any old 20 gig.

I warn you though, Arcades are a rip-off. I recently purchased one, I already own a different one, but I needed another for my other parents house. It has no HDMI cables, no headset, the consoles shell is cheaper (Disk drive is a plastic, not the usual metal) So I would just go for a 60 gig console. Simply my opinion.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']It won't attach itself to the system, so you could grab any old 20 gig.

I warn you though, Arcades are a rip-off. I recently purchased one, I already own a different one, but I needed another for my other parents house. It has no HDMI cables, no headset, the consoles shell is cheaper (Disk drive is a plastic, not the usual metal) So I would just go for a 60 gig console. Simply my opinion.[/QUOTE]

You could use any 20gb but DLC is attach to system, however it is easy enough to transfer the license to a new system.

60GB doesnt come with HDMI cable either, only elite does.

If it is easy to transfer licenses, could I just create a profile on his box and just use it indefinately until I get my own console? How difficult is it to transfer gamertags and savefiles, etc. from one XBOX in this situation?

[quote name='bb4lake']If it is easy to transfer licenses, could I just create a profile on his box and just use it indefinately until I get my own console? How difficult is it to transfer gamertags and savefiles, etc. from one XBOX in this situation?[/quote]
Transferring gamertags is easy, but the saves are a pain. You need a memory unit to transfer between the 360's, but even then not all saves can be transferred.

bread's done
Back