Xbox 360 arcade @ Dell $159.00 + tax + free ship

I just ordered one as well cuz my first generation xbox 360 rrod for a 2nd time after being repaired by microsoft. Does anyone have an opinion on this being the best xbox 360 replacement option?

[quote name='demarcom1']I just ordered one as well cuz my first generation xbox 360 rrod for a 2nd time after being repaired by microsoft. Does anyone have an opinion on this being the best xbox 360 replacement option?[/QUOTE]

Yes, because you can put your HDD on and be set to go. It's what I did. The only thing you'll be missing out on is a chrome tray...but if you have a first gen xbox, when you hear how quiet the new ones are you'll be so happy.

Tempting to get as a back-up... I'm starting to worry about my old out of warranty 360's health

[quote name='moammo']hell ..if you buy this and the 250gb hdd ..its still less than the elite :applause:[/QUOTE]

Well you get a headset and 2 free games with the elite too.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Well you get a headset and 2 free games with the elite too.[/QUOTE]
Good point.

It says $159.00, not $159.99, for me :p. This is a good price, and it's without a Dell coupon, too. I wonder if there are any floating around.

Sorry about that..it is 159.00

Also if you have a discover card, go through shopdiscover for 5% cashback.

[quote name='demarcom1']I just ordered one as well cuz my first generation xbox 360 rrod for a 2nd time after being repaired by microsoft. Does anyone have an opinion on this being the best xbox 360 replacement option?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I got my first xbox in 2005, RROD in june 2006 and warranty repaired. Behaved fine for 3+ years and now RROD again. I'm out of warranty.

Might as well get one of these newer ones with a better chipset.

This is a sweet deal --

Still, I can't get over all this rumor about a slim 360 that's in the works. I'm convinced that it's real given MS could use a remodel to get rid of these RROD problems and generate cost efficiencies on production.

I suspect some sort of announcement at E3. I'd rather wait and get the slim.

bread's done
Back