Xbox 360 Arcade for $180 on Amazon

RBH

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6#productPromotions

UPDATE: The previous price was a glitch. Price is now $179.96

The deal is apparently supposed to be just $20 off of the regular $199 price, but at the final checkout, I saw this:

mbr82h.jpg

Perhaps an error on Amazon's part, but might be a good opportunity to pick up an Arcade if the price stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
At $179.99 this is the lowest price I've seen in weeks for a Jasper/512mb unit. I am also very tempted to get this as a second unit.

The $159.99 price point is likely the automatic ECA discount that other CAGs are recently reporting. So if anyone wanted this console, he or she should just sign up for ECA first, and then save 10% for one year in the amazon.com video game category.

For those that want a hard drive bundled, Dell has a $239 Jasper 60gb.

EDIT: Thanks OGHowie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thisisapen']At $179.99 this is the lowest price I've seen in weeks for a Jasper/512mb unit. I am also very tempted to get this as a second unit.

The $159.99 price point is likely the automatic ECA discount that other CAGs are recently reporting. So if anyone wanted this console, he or she should just sign up for ECA first, and then save 10% for one year in the amazon.com video game category.

For those that want a hard drive bundled, Dell has a $239 Jasper 60gb, and costco.com has a $209.99 60gb right now.[/QUOTE]

I am almost positive ECA does not apply to systems...

And this is pretty tempting, but for me, if I get a newer Xbox model, I'm going to need a 120 GB HDD to replace my 20 GB one.

85 after 75 coupon :whistle2:D I didn't really need an extra console, but for that price..how can one resist (besides...taht 75 coupon was burning a hole in my pocket!)

Does anyone know if ECA works or not? I've been wanting to join and I'll definitely join now to use it for this. Plus that $75 console credit is on absolute fire right now in my pocket.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']85 after 75 coupon :whistle2:D I didn't really need an extra console, but for that price..how can one resist (besides...taht 75 coupon was burning a hole in my pocket!)[/QUOTE]

used my code as well, this was what i was hoping for by waiting!

Yeah, I do not have the ECA membership (Note to self, get ECA) and the discount is still showing up for me.

So tempting....

Damn this site. I've been purposely coming here less lately. It may be cheap ass gamer, but it's the cause of me spending more money than saving. :)

For $160 shipped, I just ordered one. My current 360 is about 3 years old. I'd love a quieter, cooler, etc... 360.

Very good deal. If I still had my coupon I would buy this. Although I am fine with it, since I bought mine in mid July and have been playing a lot. I probably would have used my code by now anyway, because of the deal with the select free game.

awesome deal wish i had the funds i would pick up a 3rd 360 just ffor backup have 2 extra 20 gb harddrives since i upgraded to the 60

ah, good. the deal is dead. i was sitting on the "place order" button for the last 15 mins deciding if i should go for one. i already have a arcade jasper. this helped me end my dilemma.

Its back up for 179 :) i bit

Total cost for me (after 75 code)
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $104.96

Not as good as the OP but I'll take it :) cheaper than a DSlite lol

Are these Jasper units, with the Built in 512MB memory and pre-loaded NXE???

if so even at $179 its good no tax free shipping. Love Amazon.

But then the cheapest is a $99 60GB HDD for storage space

making this $179 + $99 = $278, might as well have bought a $299 Black Elite with a 120GB HDD.

[quote name='Master Ninja']Are these Jasper units, with the Built in 512MB memory and pre-loaded NXE???

if so even at $179 its good no tax free shipping. Love Amazon.

But then the cheapest is a $99 60GB HDD for storage space

making this $179 + $99 = $278, might as well have bought a $299 Black Elite with a 120GB HDD.[/QUOTE]
As far as I read in the Amazon reviews, yes this is a Jasper with NXE/512MB built-in.
As for the hard drive, I'd say your best bet is to find one on ebay. I have my 120GB that I bought last year for $90, so hopefully you can find a 60GB for much cheaper.

[quote name='iggypop123']back to 179 for me but i dont have this code everyone is talking about. :C[/QUOTE]

You would have needed to trade in $50 or either $75 (can't remember) into Amazon to have gotten the code.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']If your looking for a HD, check out the kmart thread the 120 gig hd is on clearance there for 17 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Or, more realistically, 120GB for $50 at Sears (K-Mart's drives got wiped out in July, Sears just dropped the price in the last week or so).

[quote name='daminion']Tempted to pick up a second system to use for Netflix -- anyone know if you can stream netflix without a harddrive?[/QUOTE]

that little memory card that comes with the system is good enough to power netflix

[quote name='aporter727']Where are you guys getting these 75 dollar coupons from? I keep seeing alot of users mentioning theirs...[/QUOTE]

It's from an old trade-in promotion at amazon.

[quote name='distgfx']It's from an old trade-in promotion at amazon.[/QUOTE]

That explains it. Thanks for the info. I've been wondering what the heck you guys were talking about.

Looks like Amazon fixed the $159 glitch. :(

A mod can feel free to change the thread title to $179.

[quote name='Prof Elvin Gadd']Where'd you guys get the 75 off console coupon from?[/QUOTE]

Read 2 posts before yours ...

Tempting ... guess I should head to Sears first to see if I can get an HDD for cheap ... then I will bite!
Was about to get the $240 Dell Pro system, but this has the potential to be better!

[quote name='daminion']Tempted to pick up a second system to use for Netflix -- anyone know if you can stream netflix without a harddrive?[/QUOTE]

If it has the built in memory, then yes. If not, you'll at least need a memory card to save the Netflix application.

[quote name='RESmonkey']Are these Jasper units? (mostly I mean)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe all systems with the internal 512mb memory are Jaspers.

bread's done
Back