Xbox 360 Arcade - no more free games?

RMThompson

CAGiversary!
So I got myself one of them 99 dollars 360 arcades to replace my launch-day console, and I JUST realized... there were no free games in the box.

Don't all Arcades come with UNO and stuff?

:(

You have a $100 worth of GC to purchase some games.

Otherwise, the recent price drop reflects the lack of accessories and games that are packaged in the new boxes along with the new chipsets.

[quote name='Purkeynator']There is no real reason to call it the "arcade" unit now is there?[/QUOTE]

Not really. They might as well go back to the "Core" name. That makes a lot more sense.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not really. They might as well go back to the "Core" name. That makes a lot more sense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's sort of my point. The whole reason it was an "arcade" console was because it was designed for casual players to play some games and hang out on the XBL and download some kewl games on there.

Now it doesn't evne come with a 3 day gold trial membership! LOL I mean this thing had NOTHING.

Core is a MUCH better word.

Still, I got an amazing deal, and now Im selling my old launch day console to pay for some new stuff! :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not really. They might as well go back to the "Core" name. That makes a lot more sense.[/QUOTE]

'Crippled' makes even more sense. Well, not really from a marketing persepctive, lol.

They've basically stripped everything from every different SKU to make the price drops have as little impact on them as possible. Unless it's a special bundle now it's pretty much bare bones.

[quote name='Nebenator']I didn't realize the arcade didn't come with XBLA games. When was this changed?[/QUOTE]

I know it's happened before July. I got my system then and it didn't have anything with it.

If you're going to download some games from XBL, I suggest getting a hard drive. More than half that 512MB built-in memory will be taken up by XBL updates. I've done the 4 updates since August and they have taken up 268MB of that memory.

[quote name='tangytangerine']If you're going to download some games from XBL, I suggest getting a hard drive. More than half that 512MB built-in memory will be taken up by XBL updates. I've done the 4 updates since August and they have taken up 268MB of that memory.[/QUOTE]

On that note , if you don't really care about Rock Band songs or any games with a ton of downloadable content , you could probably get by with just a 20g drive , which only cost about $20-30. If you want to be safe , 60g drives cost around $90 , but you do get a 3 month live card and extra headset.

As far as the Arcade disk you could always pick one up from GS , which most locations are flooded with , for like >$10.

[quote name='RMThompson']Yeah that's sort of my point. The whole reason it was an "arcade" console was because it was designed for casual players to play some games and hang out on the XBL and download some kewl games on there.

Now it doesn't evne come with a 3 day gold trial membership! LOL I mean this thing had NOTHING.

Core is a MUCH better word.

Still, I got an amazing deal, and now Im selling my old launch day console to pay for some new stuff! :)[/QUOTE]

you get a one month gold trial membership lol unless you recover your old gamertag, not sure

My Elite came with Hexic (full version). Is that included on the Arcades? Maybe one "puzzle" game is what they consider an "arcade" now. :)

As far as recommended drive size. I'd get the biggest you're willing to pay for and I'd say a minimum of 60 GB. Game downloads aren't the killer, it's installing your disc-based games, often 4+ GB of data, to the drive, which I'd recommend doing. It makes your 360 quieter, games load faster (I think - truthfully I haven't done a comparison), and I figure it will extend the life of the optical drive.

bread's done
Back