Xbox 360 - arcade vs. elite

unknownbrackets

CAGiversary!
First, I'd like to thank all the people of this forum; since finding this site, I probably spend about half what I used to on video games.

Right now, I have an Xbox 360 I bought from a friend. It's the oldest possible model (*loud*, no HDMI, etc.), but it has a 20GB hd.

I can't stand the noise anymore. My local Circuit City still has Xbox 360 Arcades for $160 + tax, and I'm thinking that's a good "upgrade" for me.

Is there any reason to go with an Elite or Pro instead? I wouldn't mind a bigger hard drive, but as far as I can read online, the only difference is Elites come with a 120GB hd ($135 right now), HDMI cable (not expensive), headset (don't care), and is black - for $200 more. And also not a Jasper.

Any advice?

PS: I wish I had some way to give back. I actually have a price tracker I've written myself, which checks gamestop, amazon, etc. including used prices, but it seems like this site already has one of those mostly done.

Thank you again.

-[Unknown]

Based on the prices you've listed, you'd end up spending $295 for the Arcade plus 120GB HDD. Is that more than the Elite?

That's how I'd go about it, since I'd only purchase the Elite for its HDD, nothing else.

[quote name='unknownbrackets']First, I'd like to thank all the people of this forum; since finding this site, I probably spend about half what I used to on video games.

Right now, I have an Xbox 360 I bought from a friend. It's the oldest possible model (*loud*, no HDMI, etc.), but it has a 20GB hd.

I can't stand the noise anymore. My local Circuit City still has Xbox 360 Arcades for $160 + tax, and I'm thinking that's a good "upgrade" for me.

Is there any reason to go with an Elite or Pro instead? I wouldn't mind a bigger hard drive, but as far as I can read online, the only difference is Elites come with a 120GB hd ($135 right now), HDMI cable (not expensive), headset (don't care), and is black - for $200 more. And also not a Jasper.

Any advice?

PS: I wish I had some way to give back. I actually have a price tracker I've written myself, which checks gamestop, amazon, etc. including used prices, but it seems like this site already has one of those mostly done.

Thank you again.

-[Unknown][/quote]

You can get the 60gb HDD Kit for 99.99

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72747

Or a Used 120 GB HDD for 99.99

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73822

(People will tell you that you have to buy the transfer cable from M$. Don't worry if you go this way send me a PM I got 4 cables from M$ when I bought my elite. Just pay me the shipping if you want it fast)

So I would say buy a cheap arcade and then a 60gb kit or a used 120gb hdd.

bread's done
Back