Xbox 360 Bundle at Outpost.com for $449.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosond

CAG Veteran
Just found it on the front page, the site let me add the item to my cart and buy it. Had this same thing happen when it was $360 but we will see what happens

[quote name='orntar']huh?[/quote]

It's the same deal as before (Xbox 360 Premium + Saint's Row, Test Drive Unlimited, and Dead Rising) only this time around it's $90 more. That's Fry's idea of a deal that's "just as good"? :roll:

Quick Analysis: Buy a 360 premium and for $50 get three games. two of the games list @ $59.99.

If it were not for the pricing error, I doubt the deal would be this good.

Comparatively speaking to other currently offered bundles, this is a SUPERB Deal.

[quote name='Oxybeles']Quick Analysis: Buy a 360 premium and for $50 get three games. two of the games list @ $59.99.

If it were not for the pricing error, I doubt the deal would be this good.

Comparatively speaking to other currently offered bundles, this is a SUPERB Deal.[/quote]

I'm not saying it's a bad deal at all; in fact, I would say it's a great deal. It's just that Fry's claimed there would be a new deal that was just as good... which this is clearly not. Additionally, those that have a Tower Records nearby can pick up a 360 premium right now for $300 and don't have to spend $150 on games they may not have any interest in... but, again, this is only for those fortunate enough to live by a Tower.

I don't think it was ever $349.99. The one I purchased on Sunday October 8 was $359.99 and was the same bundle (Xbox 360 Premium + Saints Row, Test Drive, & Dead Rising). My order was cancelled 2 days later and I was sent an email apologizing for the mix-up. From what I understand ALL orders were cancelled.

[quote name='mosond']I don't think it was ever $349.99. The one I purchased on Sunday October 8 was $359.99 and was the same bundle (Xbox 360 Premium + Saints Row, Test Drive, & Dead Rising). My order was cancelled 2 days later and I was sent an email apologizing for the mix-up. From what I understand ALL orders were cancelled.[/quote]

I called the customer service and they told me the $359.99 is the error... and today's deal is the deal for Grand Opening and tomorrow as well. So, I placed the orders and processed this one already.. :applause: I will have my 360 before my vacation... hehe

[quote name='mosond']I don't think it was ever $349.99. The one I purchased on Sunday October 8 was $359.99 and was the same bundle (Xbox 360 Premium + Saints Row, Test Drive, & Dead Rising). My order was cancelled 2 days later and I was sent an email apologizing for the mix-up. From what I understand ALL orders were cancelled.[/quote]

My order was cancelled as well, according to the Outpost rep, all of the orders were cancelled. But the major thing that people are a bit upset about is this deal isn't really comparible to what was offered before. The initial deal, was giving you $560.00 for $360.00, saving you $200 (Give or take your state tax laws and how you shipped it). With the deal now being $450, you're maybe saving about $110, actually closer to $60-90 with tax + S&H, with games that you may or may not want.

So yeah it's a deal, but it's not nearly as sweet as the one before it... For me, I doubt that I would ever play Saint's Row, but that's just me; if this deal works for you then so be it... I'll probably just use the extra EB credit that I've accumulated and pick one up there to effective give me the same sort of deal as the original, only this time I can pick up the games of my choice...

Let me know how it goes...

What's worse about the deal is that you can get a 360 at Overstock for $352 shipped. I'd rather save $100 and get two games that I want, than pay an extra $100 and get Saints Row, Dead Rising (which drops to $39.99, and Test Drive (would rather have PGR3 for $20).

[quote name='icecubedx5']What's worse about the deal is that you can get a 360 at Overstock for $352 shipped. I'd rather save $100 and get two games that I want, than pay an extra $100 and get Saints Row, Dead Rising (which drops to $39.99, and Test Drive (would rather have PGR3 for $20).[/quote]

How?

I wasn't paying attention with that particular X360 deal, how does that one work?

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']How?

I wasn't paying attention with that particular X360 deal, how does that one work?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't work, if you live in Utah or Indiana. (which I do :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back