Xbox 360 Buying Question: 20gb or 60 gb?

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I am about to get an Xbox 360 with my brother. The FFXIII announcement did it for me. I am having a hard time whether to buy a 20 GB xbox 360 or a 60 GB one. I don't think I will be able or need to buy it before August 1st, so I can get the 60 GB one. Is 40 gb more worth 60$ more and is this one actually more RRoD resistant? I just want an opinion on which I should buy.
Thank you

60 GB.

More space to install content, especially since you can install full games soon. The 60 GB 360's should be the newer motherboards too (better hardware = less chance of RROD).

I'd get the 60 GB one on August 1st.

The extra space will be nice...especially if you have Netflix, since you will be able to download movies that way (announced today). Also, with the new dashboard update, you will want the space to put games on the HD to save on the noise of the disk drive. Trust me, its a noisy bastard.

Its also possible that the new system will have the Jasper chip set to help with the RRoD.

Bottom line....wait.

TBW

Unless you utilize the movie/tv show download stuff, 20GB should be fine.

I have a dozen Live arcade games, a handful of demos, some game videos, pretty much all the free themes and gamerpics, and downloadable maps and content for most of my games, and I only have about 11gb out of my 20gb drive filled.

Don't get me wrong, 60gb is obviously better than 20gb, but I havent found that 20gb is 'too small' for my use.

i'd wait. didn't hear anything about a new chipset coming with the new 360s, but if that is indeed the case, i'd definately wait. what's the worst that can happen? :)

Since the new Xbox dashboard will let you install games I would wait for the 60GB system.

I might even get a bigger hard drive for my 360.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I might even get a bigger hard drive for my 360.[/quote]
This. Seriously contemplating upgrading my 20GB HD.

[quote name='LeafPanda']Thanks I guess 50$ is better than paying to repair the RRoD[/QUOTE]

they give you 3 years for RROD.

Also consider waiting for the holiday bundle

[quote name='Puffa469']Unless you utilize the movie/tv show download stuff, 20GB should be fine.

I have a dozen Live arcade games, a handful of demos, some game videos, pretty much all the free themes and gamerpics, and downloadable maps and content for most of my games, and I only have about 11gb out of my 20gb drive filled.
[/quote]

The thing is, the "20GB" drive is actually 13.9 formatted. There goes 6 GB.

[quote name='62t']they give you 3 years for RROD.

Also consider waiting for the holiday bundle[/quote]
Oh, forgot that. I don't think I can wait that long, I'd be missing so many amazing games.

60gb would be what you want
20gb is a good amount of space for gamesaves and xbla games
but once you start downloading game content the space will fill up quickly

just having halo 3, gears of war and rainbow six content filled up a good amount space
then you might want to keep a few good demos on your HDD
and if you arent streaming music over your network then you might want some music as well

better to have the 60gb then to worry about doing some clean up maintenance every other week
i know i upgraded my 20gb to a 120gb HDD and its great not to have to worry about what i download
as a matter a fact i dont even knowhow i'm going to fill it up now

twenty gig if you want to just have game saves and download some add on content

60 gigs if you want breathing room. Maybe a few rips.

120 gig if you want to rip full games to your hard drive, have tons of downloaded video and demos

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']

The extra space will be nice...especially if you have Netflix, since you will be able to download movies that way (announced today). [/QUOTE]

I thought Netflix streams their movies. ??

it comes down to, "you get what you pay for" more money more space, less money less space. If you want to download a lot of content, go for the bigger one. I live by the Tim Taylor Rule " More power AR AR AR" ha ha

60GB especially since they announced optional game installs. A 20GB HDD will fill up quick with TV shows, Arcade games and demos.

I'm in the same boat but am going w/ the 20GB'er. Even on the old xbox I barely used up a gig and that was w/ game saves content and mp3 tracks. I have no real desire to copy games over (might do it 1 at a time though) and won't be renting movies online ever.
20gb for me. With the 3 yr warranty, it should last a good chunk of time until the new xbox is released. Halo 3 and Viva Piñata... hmm... And Guitar Hero eventually...

bread's done
Back