Xbox 360 - Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $8.99 New @ Best Buy (YMMV?)

Escape From Butcher Bay is by far my favorite original Xbox game of all time. Assault on Dark Athena was good, but it wasn't as good as EFBB. Both games are on the disc, so you're paying less than $5 each. This is a steal and a half.

I was actually bringing the game to work tomorrow to lend to one of my employees. Might just tell him to check BB and see if he can find a copy. Starbreeze is a great developer, they need all the support they can get. Even if it it crazy clearanced.

[quote name='KemperJones']Escape From Butcher Bay is by far my favorite original Xbox game of all time. Assault on Dark Athena was good, but it wasn't as good as EFBB. Both games are on the disc, so you're paying less than $5 each. This is a steal and a half.

I was actually bringing the game to work tomorrow to lend to one of my employees. Might just tell him to check BB and see if he can find a copy. Starbreeze is a great developer, they need all the support they can get. Even if it it crazy clearanced.[/QUOTE]

I remember playing the original on xbox right? So this means they updated Butcher Bay with 360 graphics?

yes it did get updated! http://www.ign.com/videos/2009/04/07/chronicles-of-riddick-x360-butcher-bay-2004-vs-2009-comparison

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bigjon901']little OT but why is vin a d-bag?[/QUOTE]

that should be implicitly obvious. man tan, roid rage, all the douchebaggery is palpable.

some girls are into that, but those are the type i stay away from haha. hes a total GTL-er

and yes thats quite OT

You guys must have like awesome best buy's because anytime I go to the 5 or so around here they have NOTHING. Some wii shovel ware crap for like 19.99 and everything else at full MSRP.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']that should be implicitly obvious. man tan, roid rage, all the douchebaggery is palpable.

some girls are into that, but those are the type i stay away from haha. hes a total GTL-er

and yes thats quite OT[/QUOTE]

LOL, that makes you sound jealous, nothing u said makes him a D-Bag, unless of course u don't know what that means

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']that should be implicitly obvious. man tan, roid rage, all the douchebaggery is palpable.

and yes thats quite OT[/QUOTE]

To continue,

don't judge the guy unless you *really* know him. He's been stereotyped in hollywood to play the same roles over and over, but that's not who he really is. Vin Diesel is co-owner and operator of his own video game studio, Tigon Studios. He is a real guy's guy, pretty much geeks out on all kinds of different video games, and to this day still plays dungeons and dragons with his close friends.

If he choses to work out on his spare time, then so be it. But he definitely is not a roid rager.

I'm pretty sure after reading your quick assumptions on people you don't know, that you're the douchebag here. :whistle2:s

[quote name='bruceg']Is the ps3 version the same price as well?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure man...I could check though next time I'm there. I'm really tempted to get this game..or to get Lost: Via Domus for $8.99 used at GS. Just watched the entire series of LOST in a month, and I feel I'd enjoy the game. At best, it'll be an easy 1000 gamescore

I owned Riddick at one time, and played like 20 mins into it, but I had so many games at the time, that I never touched it again and ended up selling.

Might be worth the $9 pickup though

Such an underrated title. If you like the character of Riddick or if you haven't experienced EFBB yet then you should definitely pick this title up.

Wow i wish i had bought mine at this price. I knew nothing about this game when i first picked it up ages ago at target and i really enjoyed both titles, to get it for $8 is a steal.

[quote name='jcp42877']Saw these today when I was getting Dead Space 2. Thought of picking it up, but decided against it.

May go back though![/QUOTE]

Thanks jcp, I was able to find one at $8.99 for :360: :D It had a red sticker with a price of $29.99.

yeah, it has some irritating points, but in the original xbox era this game should have sold WAYYY better than it did. The graphics for this title were amazing, and had great voice work, interesting story...etc...for this price its almost a must just to see what the fuss was (is) about

Since Dark Athena comes w/ Butcher Bay, it's worth the $8.99 just to play Butcher Bay - especially since it's been Remastered and all.
I loved Butcher Bay on the PC - one of the best movie-to-game translations ever - PERIOD.

I still haven't installed Dark Athena on the PC yet, which I do have and got dirt cheap a while ago from Newegg...
I do need to get around to it...

bread's done
Back