Xbox 360 Controller on Win7 via Play And Charge!

dabamus

Banned
This is what the device driver screen should show if it installed the drivers properly:
wirelessplayncharge.png

This was accomplished by plugging in a play and charge cable into a USB port on the back of my desktop, and then plugging a wireless X360 controller into the play and charge cable.(with a rechargable MS battery of course)

It works the same as if you had the wireless adapter, including letting you plug a 360 headset into the controller and using it on your PC. (I have a wireless adapter too, but it configured using the play and charge kit, and not the adapter)

I know people had been asking me about this before, so hopefully this helps somebody.

I have only tested it on Win7 Ultimate X64.(that's what I run on my desktop and laptop)

Ok, so you're saying that you can now use (IE play games in Win7 w/ the controller) wireless xbox 360 controller on the PC by using the play and charge kit/wire? Sorry your post isn't clear. Becuase i've always been told it only charges the controller when you plug it into the USB port.

If it truly works that's great! It's always been more difficult for me to find cheap wired controllers as opposed to wireless ones.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. It only works on Win7 as far as I know, since it didn't work on Vista last I tried, but then again that was several years ago.

Have you been able to play a game like this without the wireless adapter plugged in? I cannot get the controller to be assigned Player 1 without my wireless adapter in. The lights around the guide button just constantly blink.

Yes, you need the receiver. After you plug that in everything works great!

*Even with the Play and Charge kit you still need the receiver*

So it's just announcing that the play and charge cable is attached because the program thinks you're a moron?

You're all idiots. The Play and Charge cable works just the same under Windows 7 as it did on XP, Vista, and everything else: charges your controller. There is still no data connection made between this cable and the controller itself and there never will be. Windows detects what it is? Whoopty fucking doo...that happened in previous operating systems too! Wireless controller is still just using OPs wireless receiver.

[quote name='Nogib']You're all idiots. The Play and Charge cable works just the same under Windows 7 as it did on XP, Vista, and everything else: charges your controller. There is still no data connection made between this cable and the controller itself and there never will be. Windows detects what it is? Whoopty fucking doo...that happened in previous operating systems too! Wireless controller is still just using OPs wireless receiver.[/QUOTE]

Rude.

Please do tell how it works properly then, if I never synced it to the receiver? I just plugged in the play and charge kit and the controller straight from the box that I got them in the mail from. The receiver, matter of fact is from my PC headset, not from a 360.

If you have the wireless receiver plugged into your computer when you plug in a control with the play and charge cable, the controller is automatically synced with the receiver.

bread's done
Back