Xbox 360 Controller - Wrong buttons on Steam games

Ness3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
With Steam's Big Picture mode, I bought an Xbox 360 controller for Windows (the wireless, with the adapter). For a week or two, it worked fine. All the games recognized them fine, it worked fine. However, upon turning on my computer now, the buttons are backwards and weird. X is B, B is A. L and R dont work. The sticks have been switched, and inverted, both directions. The guide button doesnt work either. This seems to only be an issue with Steam, I think. The only non-Steam game I have is La Mulana, and all the controls are exactly as they used to be, with the controller being read as an Xbox 360 one.

So yeah, every game on Steam (Saints Row 3, Red Faction Armageddon, Retro City Rampage, and even Steam itself) is messed up and unplayable. I've tried remapping the buttons in the Big Picture options. That works, sort of. L and R are considered the same button (Axis 2?) and the guide button does not work. But upon entering a game, the controls are as I mentioned above. I've reinstalled the drivers, tried different USB ports, and even an older version of the drivers.

Any help here? I've been trying to Google stuff all day and haven't found any solutions. It worked fine until this morning :(

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back