Xbox 360 Cooling System

Depends on what kind of cooling system it is. If they're intercoolers (especially older models) then avoid them at all cost, as they plug into the spot where your power supply plugs into the console.....This while allowing the power supply to plug in as well.....Essentially double tapping the power source connection on your console. Those can damage your console, and MS will refuse to service your console if it becomes irreparably damaged from one.

Now other than that it depends on the model of your 360 as to why you'd want a cooling kit. If you got a slim then you're nuts, and they arent needed. Jasper sets (the last phat model) should be relatively safe as well.

Finally cooling kits really dont help with matters too much if you have a 360 that is older, and experiencing problems from what you percieve to be over heating related issues. Your console will still experience w/e issues it's experiencing, and will eventually bite the dust. No way around it unless you send it to MS for repair, or possibly replacement depending on what they see wrong with it.

[quote name='aeroforce325']Depends on what kind of cooling system it is. If they're intercoolers (especially older models) then avoid them at all cost, as they plug into the spot where your power supply plugs into the console.....This while allowing the power supply to plug in as well.....Essentially double tapping the power source connection on your console. Those can damage your console, and MS will refuse to service your console if it becomes irreparably damaged from one.

Now other than that it depends on the model of your 360 as to why you'd want a cooling kit. If you got a slim then you're nuts, and they arent needed. Jasper sets (the last phat model) should be relatively safe as well.

Finally cooling kits really dont help with matters too much if you have a 360 that is older, and experiencing problems from what you percieve to be over heating related issues. Your console will still experience w/e issues it's experiencing, and will eventually bite the dust. No way around it unless you send it to MS for repair, or possibly replacement depending on what they see wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I did some research and decided I didn't need one. I have the slim model now btw. Just bought it a couple days ago.

The slim stays really cool if you keep it laying down. The fan is directly over the heat producing components so it pushes it out really well. I wouldn't buy one of those.

bread's done
Back