XBOX 360 Dark Void @ NewEgg 17.99 + Free Shipping

Ya I used it with the coupon id rather 9.99 but went ahead and bit for 16.90 with the 10% today only coupon.

I'll sell my copy for $12 shipped! :)

Seriously though, I didn't like this game like I thought I would. Beat it last Friday and while some parts are fun it just misses that special something to make the overall package real fun.

[quote name='malethief']I see this ending up much like bionic commando price wise like newegg has been doing $6.99-$11.99[/QUOTE]

The thing is, I really REALLY liked Bionic Commando. It has an amazing second half, but most people don't get there because the beginning of the game isn't as fun. I put the game down once, then picked it up months later and wound up beating it in a weekend. BC is in my permanent collection now because of how fun it got.

[quote name='Kelegacy']The thing is, I really REALLY liked Bionic Commando. It has an amazing second half, but most people don't get there because the beginning of the game isn't as fun. I put the game down once, then picked it up months later and wound up beating it in a weekend. BC is in my permanent collection now because of how fun it got.[/QUOTE]
Man I loved Bionic Commando especially since I only paid like 8 for it, I see why a lot of people hated it, I am hoping Dark Void has the same kind of hidden gem qualities.

An article about the EA "$10 for online" issue quoted a game shop owner saying the only title he's seen lose value as much as Madden 10 is Dark Void.

Kinda tempted, but reading Shipwreck's review and how you start with no jetpack and by the time you get hang of it and they take it away for final act? Man, that kinda makes me feel it won't be as fun as what Bionic Commando was to me.

I'd suggest anyone interested wait until it's $10 or less. Not an awful game but it's pretty much the definition of "meh".

[quote name='jk5000']Man I loved Bionic Commando especially since I only paid like 8 for it, I see why a lot of people hated it, I am hoping Dark Void has the same kind of hidden gem qualities.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I don't think it has any of those qualities. I'm one of the biggest forgivers for games--some of my favorite games of this generation have been overlooked games like Alone in the Dark, Dark Sector and The Darkness (wow, all have DARK in the title!) but Dark Void opens with a bang but winds up just not being as fun as it should be. It doesn't do too much wrong, I don't think; it just isn't very exciting. Which is weird because you'd think a jetpack would make a game instantly fun.

bread's done
Back