XBOX 360 Dashboard Deal: Get 600 Points When You Add a 12 Month Gold CARD YMMV

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
My gold account was about to expire in 2 weeks and I got a dashboard update that offered me 600 MS points if I added a 12 month card code. Normally these deals want you to buy directly from MS so it could be a really good deal for those with cheap cards. I am just putting this out there to suggest people wait to add their codes until it is a little closer to their expiration date to see if they get the same deal. I am also hoping I get the 200 points for the Live Rewards deal.

FYI: If you have any deal related to a auto-renewal (I had a $29.99 deal from the promotion back in Sept.) that deal will remain in place for your next auto renewal. So in 2012 I am still set to get another 12 months at the lower price. I was afraid to use my card because I thought it would void my auto renewal price but it did not.

I hope this is helpful to at least a few of you and let me know if you have the same dashboard offer on your xbox.

ALSO: If you do have this deal on your dashboard be sure to use the prompt in the deal to enter the code and NOT through your account. It states specifically to use the dashboard ad link to enter the code.

Last edited by a moderator:
My account was set to expire on the 6th of this month, and I also had that offer on my dashboard for 600 points. I had a cheap prepaid card, and I added it saturday. I figured the 600 points were only if you buy directly from MS? I have not had 600 points added to my account yet for adding the prepaid card. Any idea how quickly they would show up if it is in fact valid for people who add prepaid cards? (I added a 12 month card, btw)

[quote name='JediKiller24']My account was set to expire on the 6th of this month, and I also had that offer on my dashboard for 600 points. I had a cheap prepaid card, and I added it saturday. I figured the 600 points were only if you buy directly from MS? I have not had 600 points added to my account yet for adding the prepaid card. Any idea how quickly they would show up if it is in fact valid for people who add prepaid cards? (I added a 12 month card, btw)[/QUOTE]

My understanding from the dashboard was it will take 4-6 weeks to get the points. But this was definitely for using the CARD and not buying direct so you should be fine. Unfortunately MS is never too quick about reimbursing these deal so now it is just a waiting game.

i just entered in 2 12 month xbox live codes to set my account up for 2 more years last tuesday to get in on the dotw...

FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

Where are you guys seeing this? Under spotlight? I never do these promos but mine expires in 4 days and would love some free points.

[quote name='sonnyforple']Where are you guys seeing this? Under spotlight? I never do these promos but mine expires in 4 days and would love some free points.[/QUOTE]

Mine was the second one on the Spotlight page. I really have no idea how or what qualifies people for this deal. I am not sure if it's going to be available to everyone or not. I do have auto-renew turned on for my account right now. Wish I could give you more info. Check your entire Spotlight.

I saw this on my dashboard yesterday. I found my card today, I had gotten it months ago during a sale, because my live is supposed to expire tomorrow. When I went redeem it, it's no longer there. Damn. -_-

I got in when they still had the 40 percent off deal directly from MS, but this is a decent deal if you can find a card on the cheap.

Still, kind of crappy that they just didn't give 800 points. I mean most non-discounted games are in the 400, 800 and 1200 bracket (save indie games). I'm not a big DLC buyer for Guitar Hero and the like. So even if you go with a 400 point game, you're stuck with 200 points. Or you have to buy more points anyway for an 800 or 1200 point game.

Probably a slimy way for MS to trick you into buying more points. Kind of like the -- IMO -- sleazy way Sony gave a month of Playstation Plus for its outage. That could entice more people into Plus thus turning the disaster into a revenue generator.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Any idea when the 600 point bonus is suppose to come through?[/QUOTE]

I forgot I even started this thread :) I used my card on May 2nd and I still have not received the points yet. They say it will take 6 weeks so I am now over 7 so I guess it is time to call them.

Ok this is starting to make a little more sense. Or maybe even not.
I had a 3 month card and activated it.
I got the email confirming the 3 month and ALSO got an email confirming an autorenewal for 12 months for 40% off.

Not sure what is going to happen because I was already set up for an auto renewal for $29.99. So come time to autorenew, what is going to happen????

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure about it renewing at 29.99 if you got the deal last yr? I got the same deal. Where can I go to confirm this. I was under the assumption that it would renew at the regular price.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Are you sure about it renewing at 29.99 if you got the deal last yr? I got the same deal. Where can I go to confirm this. I was under the assumption that it would renew at the regular price.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I already had a year in there and it did not expire until Sept 1 this year.
So the 29.99 was supossed to start then, but now I have the email saying 40% off on Dec 1 because I added the 3 months. (to be fair, it also said that I could renew NOW for 29.99. But I was just wanting to do the auto renewal)

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Are you sure about it renewing at 29.99 if you got the deal last yr? I got the same deal. Where can I go to confirm this. I was under the assumption that it would renew at the regular price.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened with me using the 12 month card. If you had the 40% off set before using any cards it just pushed the renewal date further down the road but you get to keep the promo rate. I will advise you though that is you try to sign up for any other promo (like the $1 for 1 month Jack links promo a few weeks back) it will cancel out the 40%. I would advise you to either use a cheap 12 month card to get the 600 points or let it autorenew for the cheaper price. Chances are the longer you wait the more likely you will do something to void the 40% deal. I guess it will depend if you can get a cheap 12 month card (I got mine for $30 so I went for it).

OK.
I checked on my actual console under the account managment / subscriptions.
And it did actually confirm that I was set to be renewed again on Dec 1 (like the email said) but it also confirmed that it was to be renewed at the $29.99.

Check it there, cancerman1120.

If this works the same way that the rewards program does you don't get the points when you enter the card. You get the points when your current subscription is up and the next year is applied. I.E. I enter in three one year cards, even though all three are in the system only the first one is applied ( and I get the 200 point reward for a 12 month sub), when that year is up the second card is applied ( I get another 200 points). So I'm guessing if you have cards on file or an auto renewal and your sub is up during the promo you will get the 600 points.

I actually had this same thread a while back... But yeah I did it a long time ago and haven't gotten my points yet. I have the confirmation email so I'll have to check that and if it's been at least 6 weeks start emailing them.

[quote name='Cody2010']has anyone gotten their points yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope and I did this over 2 months ago. I keep forgetting to call. I wonder if the Jack Links promo for the free month messed up this deal for me. I do need to call them.

[quote name='cancerman1120']My gold account was about to expire in 2 weeks and I got a dashboard update that offered me 600 MS points if I added a 12 month card code. Normally these deals want you to buy directly from MS so it could be a really good deal for those with cheap cards. I am just putting this out there to suggest people wait to add their codes until it is a little closer to their expiration date to see if they get the same deal. I am also hoping I get the 200 points for the Live Rewards deal.

FYI: If you have any deal related to a auto-renewal (I had a $29.99 deal from the promotion back in Sept.) that deal will remain in place for your next auto renewal. So in 2012 I am still set to get another 12 months at the lower price. I was afraid to use my card because I thought it would void my auto renewal price but it did not.

I hope this is helpful to at least a few of you and let me know if you have the same dashboard offer on your xbox.

ALSO: If you do have this deal on your dashboard be sure to use the prompt in the deal to enter the code and NOT through your account. It states specifically to use the dashboard ad link to enter the code.[/QUOTE]

Damn!!!

I just added my card on Sunday...

Missing out on all the deals this week.

cool thanks for the tip, mine doesn't expire for awhile but i'll keep a lookout for when it does if an offer like this is still going on.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']I just entered a prepaid 12 month 2 days ago......FML[/QUOTE]
look at the date....OLD thread. you didn't lose out, bro.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']I saw this on my dashboard yesterday. I found my card today, I had gotten it months ago during a sale, because my live is supposed to expire tomorrow. When I went redeem it, it's no longer there. Damn. -_-[/QUOTE]

i dont know if you already redeemed, but some times if you wait another day, or sign out/back in, restart your console, etc. it'll trigger the deal again, some times they go away, change or whatever but i've found they do come back if you sign out and back in some times.\\

edit: just realized this thread is months old, dunno who upped this ._. lol

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']i dont know if you already redeemed, but some times if you wait another day, or sign out/back in, restart your console, etc. it'll trigger the deal again, some times they go away, change or whatever but i've found they do come back if you sign out and back in some times.\\

edit: just realized this thread is months old, dunno who upped this ._. lol[/QUOTE]

I did. its been 6-8 weeks and I wanted to see if anyone got their points
Sometimes its helpful to read the whole thread;)

[quote name='awp']Still, kind of crappy that they just didn't give 800 points. I mean most non-discounted games are in the 400, 800 and 1200 bracket (save indie games). I'm not a big DLC buyer for Guitar Hero and the like. So even if you go with a 400 point game, you're stuck with 200 points. Or you have to buy more points anyway for an 800 or 1200 point game.

Probably a slimy way for MS to trick you into buying more points. Kind of like the -- IMO -- sleazy way Sony gave a month of Playstation Plus for its outage. That could entice more people into Plus thus turning the disaster into a revenue generator.[/QUOTE]I love when people complain about free ****.

i was lookin on xbox support pages and it seems that this promo ran till the end of June. Then its 6-8 weeks wait after that...so I guess if I dont get my points by the end of August ill have to call support.

I just got 2 email from xbox.com saying i got free gift, it turn out to be a 400 point, and 2 x 100 point... which add up to 600, think this could be it?

[quote name='Xellos2099']I just got 2 email from xbox.com saying i got free gift, it turn out to be a 400 point, and 2 x 100 point... which add up to 600, think this could be it?[/QUOTE]

Well what do you know...I just got that same 2 emails...got to be it....and I never even had to call :)

I just turned on my xbox, my account expires 8/4, and I'm being offered "buy 12-month gold subscription for $47.99 that's 20%off!" or "activate a 12-month gold card purchased at retail store and get 400 points free" is this a new deal?

[quote name='nyj1218']I just turned on my xbox, my account expires 8/4, and I'm being offered "buy 12-month gold subscription for $47.99 that's 20%off!" or "activate a 12-month gold card purchased at retail store and get 400 points free" is this a new deal?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it must be. If you can get a cheap card $35-45 then the point deal is obviously better. Not sure how long it will take to get your points. I had to wait 2 months for my 600 from the time I activated the card. If you are patient (and trusting) I would try the card option.

I went off the page but I believe it said the points will be credited to your account or e-mailed to you in 4-6 weeks. Completely no rush in my case, I was gonna get a card even if I didn't know about this deal so it's just extra for me

[quote name='cancerman1120'] I had to wait 2 months for my 600 from the time I activated the card. If [/QUOTE]

I activated my card on june 15 so hopefully in a few weeks Ill get mine.

[quote name='awp']
Probably a slimy way for MS to trick you into buying more points. Kind of like the -- IMO -- sleazy way Sony gave a month of Playstation Plus for its outage. That could entice more people into Plus thus turning the disaster into a revenue generator.[/QUOTE]

Yea, how dare a company try to turn a negative into a positive and make money, grrrr.

[quote name='nyj1218']
IMAG0051.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I am at a crossroads, that has been one of the ads which shows up on my dashboard. It shows up because my Gold Membership is about to end soon. I have a 12-month card ready, I do appreciate free points, however my primary reason for being a Gold Member are the Deals of the Week. Currently on Xbox Live, the focus is on their Summer of Arcade lineup of games, and the deals tend to wane.

I want to know if a better offer is made to anyone on the dashboard for those who were once a longtime Gold Member and dropped to Free/Silver Member recently. If so, is there a larger offer than 400MSP?

I'd also like to know what you think I should do, renew for the 400MSP or wait out around 2-3 weeks (or more, depending on MS) for a potential DotW that may interest me and renew then.

bread's done
Back