Xbox 360 - Deathsmiles LE: $29.99 SE: $19.99 NEW (in store only)

Jedah Doma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[quote name='chunlirocks']30 blades is still kinda hi for such a short game but it could sell out.[/QUOTE]

Short does not equal bad. It's an arcade game. It's supposed to be beatable in a quick amount of time.

Saw one crammed up in the top corner at my local GS, might have to pick that shizz up. I heard its a pretty good shooter, I dunno how I feel about the... aesthetics however.

I picked up the LE for $30 (I think)a few months ago. I've only had time to play it a little bit, but so far I don't regret it at all. I know I'll put more time into it eventually.
I'm not experienced at the genre, so the easy Xbox 360 mode is a godsend for people like me to see the end of the game.
The lolliness of it is easy to get past after a while. The rest of the game's aesthetics are great, as long as you can get past playing as hyper-sexualized 13 year old witches.

So in short: Don't let the lollis turn you away from the game.

I got a used SE online with a new $5 PC game, using the buy 1 new get 1 used 50% off. The free shipping for over $20 deal kicked in, so with tax, both games came to $14 and a penny. If Deathsmiles isn't complete, two of my local GS have it in stock used. Maybe one of them will have it complete.

[quote name='whoknows']I want to get this, but I'd feel weird buying it.[/QUOTE]

Have fun with it. They don't care. ;-)

I'm sure I would prefer it not have the whole lolita thing going on, but I loved the gameplay so much, I ordered/preordered imports of all the Cave schmups w/out region protection. Those have about the same amount of content as this one for around $80 each. May not be for everyone, but I enjoy the game THAT much.

I bought it on release and its a heck of a lot of fun. Definitely worth it though I'd pass on the Collectors and get the regular edition as the faceplate is the xbox style.

Very fun shooter that isn't as tough as, say, Guwange, but still challenging. Plus I don't think being a bit easier then some Cave shooters is a bad thing at all! I definitely recommend the standard edition for $20 and the LE if you want the extras for $30.

Hopefully the Gamestop I go to has a copy. I don't really need any more games at the moment but this game seems pretty fun and interesting. o_o

it's a fun shooter however the US version is impossible to 1000/1000 due to Cave removing the slowdown that was present in the japanese retail and arcade versions in the us release

Just picked up a copy for $20 and it was actually sealed too. I hope there's an online community so I can play some co-op too.

[quote name='dabamus']Does it have a steelbook?[/QUOTE]

No steelbook for the CE, only a faceplate.

If you have a quality arcade stick, it improves the fun factor.

I use my SFIV tournament stick while playing this.

[quote name='meatwad3000']it's a fun shooter however the US version is impossible to 1000/1000 due to Cave removing the slowdown that was present in the japanese retail and arcade versions in the us release[/QUOTE]

Aksys has said they'll be releasing a patch to address the slowdown.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']No steelbook for the CE, only a faceplate.

If you have a quality arcade stick, it improves the fun factor.

I use my SFIV tournament stick while playing this.[/QUOTE]
:lol: That was my plan when I got this.
I sat down with it today for the first time, used my MvC TS and had a blast. Only played through the Arcade mode once real quick, but I loved it. Can't wait till my buddy gets back from UAE so we can play it.

Recently replaced my original 360 with a slim, so if anyone wants my Deathsmiles faceplate, it's yours if you pay the shipping.

bread's done
Back