XBOX 360 @ DELL for $349.95 + FREE GROUND SHIPPING

aw man, so tempted to get one. but i told myself not to get another one until fall, give them a chance to work the bugs out a little longer because it was a bit discouraging to have to send my 360 in 3 times.

[quote name='Archaic']Better use that $50 you saved to buy a warranty. I'm on my second unit.[/QUOTE]

How much is the two year warrenty? I will most likely bepurchasing it. I got screwed on a launch day ps2 and I want to make sure that this system is going to last more than 9 months.

[quote name='minqqq']aw man, so tempted to get one. but i told myself not to get another one until fall, give them a chance to work the bugs out a little longer because it was a bit discouraging to have to send my 360 in 3 times.[/QUOTE]
I dont know why there were so many problems with the 360's. Mine is a launch system and works fine to this day. I guess I'm lucky. Keep the power brick off the carpet so air can circulate.

[quote name='ne2eire']I'm waiting for the HD-DVD drives, so won't need to add one later.[/quote]

uhh thought i'd handle this, ms is not going to add a hd-dvd drive to the xbox it will still be a stand alone unit whenever they start releaseing it.

[quote name='dbz4ever']Thanks for the deal, but I'd wait for Thanksgiving or wait for PS3 to kick 360's butt.[/quote]

y god y did he have to start this .

anyways 360 wins.

[quote name='studfool']y god y did he have to start this .

anyways 360 wins.[/QUOTE]Wii all would have to disagree with that one.

Anyone have any good/bad experiences with paying for the system partially on a monthly basis? Just wondering if that's even a good idea... I can afford it in about a month or so, but was thinking I could just pay it off monthly...

I have a launch-ish 360, I've left games on pause for over a week, and it works perfectly. I have the power brick on top of the back of my CRT monitor, so it has plenty of room to breathe.

[quote name='minqqq']aw man, so tempted to get one. but i told myself not to get another one until fall, give them a chance to work the bugs out a little longer because it was a bit discouraging to have to send my 360 in 3 times.[/QUOTE]

Fall? More like Q1 or Q2 2007 when their scheduled to start replacing the 90nm microprocessors with a 65nm. That's the version alot of people are waiting for, including myself.

I'll grab a Wii at launch. I actually trust Nintendo's first launch units.

Oh, and as far as this deal, yes, taxes really kill it, but if your wanting one, and just looking to save $50 go for it.

[quote name='retail sucks']Fall? More like Q1 or Q2 2007 when their scheduled to start replacing the 90nm microprocessors with a 65nm. That's the version alot of people are waiting for, including myself.[/quote]
QFT. In my case, not only for the 65nm microprocessor, which will hopefully help cut down on the overheating issues, but also give time for some of the better games to drop in price. And by better, I mean stuff other than PDZ, Gun, and Ridge Racer.

Besides, even then I'll probably do one of those "get free through referrals" things. Yes, I really am a cheap ass.

[quote name='mkelehan'] I have the power brick on top of the back of my CRT monitor, so it has plenty of room to breathe.[/QUOTE]

Haha that was pretty funny.

this looks like a decent deal but i will wait for the premium systems to be $150 new and loads of $20 platinum hits games

[quote name='dracula']this looks like a decent deal but i will wait for the premium systems to be $150 new and loads of $20 platinum hits games[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you'll be waiting a very long time for a $150 premium X360counting the original xbox retailed at launch for $100 less than the X360 at $300, and it took long while for it to hit $149.99, like 2-3 years.

I'm saying the X360 Premium SkU will never hit below the MSRP of $250. Hell, the Core X360 might hit $200 sometime, maybe in 2 or so, but we'll never see a MSRP price of $150 for the X360, at least during it's life cycle.

[quote name='dracula']this looks like a decent deal but i will wait for the premium systems to be $150 new and loads of $20 platinum hits games[/quote]

Good luck with that.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Anyone have any good/bad experiences with paying for the system partially on a monthly basis? Just wondering if that's even a good idea... I can afford it in about a month or so, but was thinking I could just pay it off monthly...[/QUOTE]

like credit?

as long as the interest rate is ok, and you can pay it off, theres nothing wrong with it. i do it all the tima, although the wife does not like it. hell the xbox360 and current tv are on my cc, but i am planing on getting a bonus to wipe it out.

its always better to only spend the money you have, but credit is there for a reason. :)

[quote name='orntar']like credit?

as long as the interest rate is ok, and you can pay it off, theres nothing wrong with it. i do it all the tima, although the wife does not like it. hell the xbox360 and current tv are on my cc, but i am planing on getting a bonus to wipe it out.

its always better to only spend the money you have, but credit is there for a reason. :)[/QUOTE]

not exactly what I was asking but thanks... it seems Dell has a plan that you can pay over time in chuncks rather than immediatly.

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']You'd think the core system didn't exist anymore.[/QUOTE]

Having to buy a memory card seperate, or all the extra stuff like the harddrive, headset, hd-avcables, and upgrade to a wireless really kill the CORE price of$299.99.

There isn't really anyone despirate enough to pay the extra costs of getting those items seperate to just have a 360 like when the shortage was going on.

A CORE would have to sell for $270 new before tax to come out even in comparison to getting everything the Premium has.

Harrdrive- $100
headset- $20
HD-cables $10

Hell, I can get them new for $360 plus tax where I work in Kalamazoo, Michigan if someone wants one. Plus, an available extended warranty from the retailer.

^Note that this is for people who live in the Kalamazoo area and want to come pick it up at my store.

i bought a core

just a used core got the following for 300 shipped

12 months of xbl with headset

madden 06

call of duty 2

core unit

memory card

wired and wireless controllers

faceplate

i'm pretty happy, just bought a hard drive on ebay for 70 bux shipped

[quote name='cyrix`']guess not many people really want 360's that bad lol.[/quote]

Not yet, cause I know that if I buy it, it will prob break and then ill have to send it in, and all I am gonna do is play halo 2 on it...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Anyone have any good/bad experiences with paying for the system partially on a monthly basis? Just wondering if that's even a good idea... I can afford it in about a month or so, but was thinking I could just pay it off monthly...[/QUOTE]
You can do this if you want, but pay it off as soon as you can. Interest can be killer sometimes. I have purchased a computer and some accessories this way and have had no issues at all. If you have any other questions PM me.

Thanks for the heads up OP, I just purchased one since I have a line of credit through Dell already and $200 from my xbox auction that I just sold last week since I am done with all the xbox games I wanted to play. So I just ended up with a new 360 and burnout for a little over $200 out of my pocket...

Thx for the heads up TC. I was going to be buying a 360 in a couple of days, but this deal will save me tons.

I'll probably be ordering it tonight.

One question though. If I buy it online, can I still get a warranty from like best buy?

Cuase its' 50 bucks for 2 year warranty at best buy.

[quote name='Archaic']Better use that $50 you saved to buy a warranty. I'm on my second unit.[/QUOTE]

Even with a warranty, your going to go through hell if you buy it from Dell. Their customer service is a piece of shirt. Even with the savings I still wouldn't buy one, plus it sounds like the 360 is only getting cheaper with age. Hold on to your $$$ until next year.

[quote name='joby27']Even with a warranty, your going to go through hell if you buy it from Dell. Their customer service is a piece of shirt. Even with the savings I still wouldn't buy one, plus it sounds like the 360 is only getting cheaper with age. Hold on to your $$$ until next year.[/QUOTE]

They don't outsource their peripherals department, so it's not that bad.

Unless you have really strong credit, Dell's interest rate+finance fees on their monthly payment plan will kill you. I was making double payments on a laptop I bought through them, but with a 21% interest rate plus fees, I barely made a dent in the total balance, plus they "lost" a couple of checks I sent in, stacking late fees on top. They eventually offered online payments, and I did a balance transfer from another card to get Dell off my back.

If you have good credit options beside Dell Financial, go for it, but I'd avoid their plan like the plague.

This is a great deal, I already showed it to a friend who was interested in a 360, thanks for posting. BTW, i've had my 360 since launch, absolutely no problems. People overexagerated the overheating issues.

WOW, I just recieved mine today and I ordered yesterday at noon. Im most likely going to buy the warrenty from microsoft for 60 bucks, but if it breaks do they send me a refurb or a new one.

Rumors are that they will, instead of dropping the price, sell the 360s at the same price but with a bundled HDDVD drive. If they start making 360s with internal HDDVD drives, I will buy one immediately.

[quote name='vaga_koleso']Just grabbed me one.

Just to clarify, you have to pay with PayPal to get the extra $10 off.

max[/quote]

No you dont, The coupon says that but it will work either way. I bought the Premium system and Burn Out and still got the additional $10 of the sale price of $359 and I just used my line of credit with them to purchase it.

BTW.. I just checked the site and it looks like the systems are back to there regular price, the 10% discount is not showing anymore...

yup, looks like it's still in stock, but no longer on sale. I just read that Toshiba thinks M$ will bundle internal HD-DVD drives in a future rev of the 360, so I'll wait around for that--that, and a price drop or if the first wave of Japanese-developed software is too good to pass up.

edit: well, M$ had a response to the Toshiba article on one of the executive's blogs which confirmed that the HD_DVD is not going internal and will remain an external peripheral.

[quote name='gamefan1686']WOW, I just recieved mine today and I ordered yesterday at noon. Im most likely going to buy the warrenty from microsoft for 60 bucks, but if it breaks do they send me a refurb or a new one.[/QUOTE]

They send you a refurb. Which makes sense, as you sent them a used system.

can you buy the warranty at any time from microsoft or like is their a time limit b4 you can't buy them anymore?

[quote name='studfool']can you buy the warranty at any time from microsoft or like is their a time limit b4 you can't buy them anymore?[/QUOTE]

wondering the same thing.

Did anyone elses order say on hold, I think I did it just in the nick of time, around 1pm EST today, did everyone elses go through?

thanks op - picked one up, it's arriving monday. snagged an extra wireless controller from overstock for 38 bucks shipped after using the 15% discount. they have a 10% discount active through FW if anyone is interested.

bread's done
Back