Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Console (at Dell) $205 After $50 Rebate + 15% off coupon

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Copy straight from SD.

Xbox 360 Elite $193 or $185 (DPA) + tax AC/AR/ABCB at Dell
Xbox 360 link [dell.com]

NOTE: shows temporarily out of stock however you can still order and they will ship when their supply comes in.

Add to cart and apply coupon 6FWJ247J1P44CK bring your total to $255.

Go thru BING (search Dell) for an additional 5% CB or use Discover for 5% CB but loose the DPA discount

Checkout using DPA for an additional $8 discount

$50 rebate form [young-america.com] NOTE: 1 rebate per household (Valid for new Xbox 360 Elite purchases made September 22, 2009 through October 5, 2009)

FYI ... Rebate Link takes you to Step One

Enter 49710555 as your password. - Thanks HugeBean

Here are the numbers:

$300 - $45 (coupon) = $255
$255 - $12 Bing - $8 DPA = $235
$235 - $50 Rebate = $185 + tax on $255 or $247 w/DPA

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this will work. It says

"$50 U.S. Mail In Rebate when an Xbox 360 Elite Console is Purchased
Mail-in rebate offer valid in the 50 United States, D.C., and all U.S. military bases with valid APO/FPO addresses. Valid for new Xbox 360 Elite purchases made September 22, 2009 through October 5, 2009. This completed rebate form and qualifying proofs of purchase must be postmarked no later than November 20, 2009. Limit 1 rebate per household except where prohibited by law. Not combinable with other Microsoft rebates or offers for this product."

Not combinable with other microsoft rebates or offers for this product. I guess the 15% coupon keeps this from happening.

[quote name='MiserMike']I don't think this will work. It says...

...Not combinable with other microsoft rebates or offers for this product. I guess the 15% coupon keeps this from happening.[/QUOTE]

Ehhh...definitely a maybe. I'm giving it a shot. I'm taking it to mean "Not combinable with other Microsoft rebates or Microsoft offers for this product." It's my hope an individual merchant's offers, in this case Dell's, doens't invalidate the rebate.

Still, fingers crossed.

ummm... even without the rebate, it is still a good deal at $235 + tax(some states).

I wish I'd had seen this earlier, would've tried this.

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']Ehhh...definitely a maybe. I'm giving it a shot. I'm taking it to mean "Not combinable with other Microsoft rebates or Microsoft offers for this product." It's my hope an individual merchant's offers, in this case Dell's, doens't invalidate the rebate.

Still, fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if Bing cashback will disqualify the rebate since it is a Microsoft rebate/offer.

I just bought one and hopefully I'll get the rebate.

Just fyi, most rebate form (at least the one that I claimed for the last 5 years) always has that wording (not combinable with any other offer, etc).. but I always get the rebate.

And another FYI: if you're loaded with Amex rewards point.. you can exchange 5000, 10,000, 20,000 points into $50, $100, and $200 Dell E-certificate respectively. 1 poster in SD did that, and so do I. :) And the tax was charged after all the discount.. so it's even better.

[quote name='MiserMike']I don't think this will work. It says ...

...Not combinable with other microsoft rebates or offers for this product. I guess the 15% coupon keeps this from happening.[/QUOTE]

The coupon is a Dell coupon, not a Microsoft coupon. There is practically no way they can deny you the rebate just because you use the Dell coupon.

it's hard to imagine that whatever company microsoft uses to handle rebates will actually check if there is bing cashback associated with the purchase. I think it'll be fine, but any rebate is a risk, because companies are criminal about denying them. I've gotten so many emails/postcards that said I didn't include a upc 12 weeks later. I'm surprised when I don't get cheated out of rebates.

My question with this is, and please let me know if I'm missing something, am I likely to get the console before the 5th? Dell.com says it is temporarily out of stock. Does it matter as long as I order before the 5th? Won't Dell hold the order until stock comes in? Meaning, if 360 elite consoles don't come in until the tenth, won't my receipt say "Purchased October 10th," thus making it ineligible for the rebate?

Help me out!

i ordered mine on dell the day the rebate went live. but my estimated arrival date is 10/12. is that going to be accurate or will dell ship it earlier?

[quote name='Ryukahn']The coupon is a Dell coupon, not a Microsoft coupon. There is practically no way they can deny you the rebate just because you use the Dell coupon.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there's no practically nothing that would stop them from denying you the rebate...for any reason. As another poster mentioned, that's how these companies that process rebates work. They basically have a dual-layer of defense. First, they hope most people will be too lazy to send in the rebate. Second, they will simply deny a certain percentage of rebates for absolutely no reason at all, hoping you won't bother to put up a fight.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Actually, there's no practically nothing that would stop them from denying you the rebate...for any reason. As another poster mentioned, that's how these companies that process rebates work. They basically have a dual-layer of defense. First, they hope most people will be too lazy to send in the rebate. Second, they will simply deny a certain percentage of rebates for absolutely no reason at all, hoping you won't bother to put up a fight.[/QUOTE]

Rebate companies will try and deny them for whatever reason they can. They will probably also pretend like they sendt you a check, but in reality just shredded it in hopes that you forget and never claim.

With that said, in most instances when I call in to follow up they almost always send me a check. I have never had to call more than 3 times, but then again I keep a spreadsheet of all these transactions and copies of everything.

From my recollection, I have only been screwed by a rebate almost 8 years ago. At the time, I didn't know how to handle it....

Deal is dead and has been for awhile, as posted in the original thread. Dell took the Elite off their site hours ago, even if they put it back up, the chances of you getting them to ship one prior to 10/3 is slim.

I say if you want this deal, go for the microcenter gift card deal. If you dont want it just try and sell it. I'm sure you could get $40ish for it. This seems pretty dead.

[quote name='leesiulung']With that said, in most instances when I call in to follow up they almost always send me a check. I have never had to call more than 3 times, but then again I keep a spreadsheet of all these transactions and copies of everything.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. If you stay on them, they will pay up.

I called Dell to check my delivery status, and asked if I can order another one.. and apparently this particular model has been discontinued.. so I guess the Holiday bundle ( elite + lego batman and pure) is coming soon... maybe before 10/5? :)

BTW, I also order the PS3 slim over the phone, and they let me stack the 15% coupon on top of the $25 discount / no bing cash back though but doesn't have to wait 60 days for it.

[quote name='gi60']I called Dell to check my delivery status, and asked if I can order another one.. and apparently this particular model has been discontinued.. so I guess the Holiday bundle ( elite + lego batman and pure) is coming soon... maybe before 10/5? :)
[/QUOTE]

Crap. Mine's backordered. If they list it as discontinued, it's a good bet I'll never get it. To Microcenter!

bread's done
Back