XBOX 360 ELITE - $216 - OVERSTOCK.com

tekron

CAGiversary!
AS OF 8:00 PM EST 10/2/09, THEY ARE SOLD OUT. KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR UPDATED STOCK...

Jasper units very likely.

minus Microsoft Bing cashback (%12)
minus rebate ($50)
+ shipping (few bucks)
= 216.change

Chat InformationWelcome to Overstock.com Live Chat, you will be connected with a chat representative as quickly as possible.
Chat InformationWelcome to Overstock.com, you are now chatting with Leo.
Leo: Thanks for visiting Overstock.com, this is Leo, how can I help you?
you: Hi there my name is Kevin
you: I am looking to purchase an xbox 360, catalog #12214674
Leo: Hi Kevin.
Leo: I will be glad to check and help you with the information.
you: I plan on applying a bing.com promotional %12 to this order.. my question is, if I use the "free shipping" offer will it nix my bing discount since sometimes offers can void each other out?
Leo: Are you referring to the "Xbox 360 Elite Gaming Console" for $299.99?
you: Yes sir
Leo: Thanks.
you: Hello?
Leo: Please note, one of the highest coupon will apply on the order.
Leo: I am sorry for the delay, as the chat window freeze.
you: It's okay. To be honest, I don't mind paying the shipping it's only ~$3... but I could take the survey on the community page to get a free shipping coupon to apply. The Bing.com discount is an affiliate with the site, so it does not apply at the time of order but rather it deposits money in the account at a later date. I just wouldn't want the free shipping coupon to void my 12% discount..
Leo: Yes, you are correct.
you: Alright so I think it's smarter to just play it safe. Thank you for that..
you: I have another question. Is there any way for you to actually see the said product?
Leo: However, if you are placing the order through Bing.com link, you can be assured that you will receive the higher coupon applied on the order.
you: Excellent
smile.gif

you: The product page for the xbox elite console shows a picture that seems to be very outdated, sold in a black box whereas more recent models are sold in a white box with different console specifications and accessories inside. Is there any way to confirm that the console comes in the newer "white" box?
Leo: Yes, I understand that you are referring to the "Xbox 360 Elite Gaming Console" for $299.99.
Leo: Is that correct?
Leo: Let me check and provide you the information.
Leo: Can you please stay online for 3-4 minutes while I check that for you?
you: Yes and thank you so much. Please take your time, this information is important to me.
Leo: Thanks for staying online Kevin.
Leo: I see that the Xbox 360 comes with black Box console. .
you: Well are you referring to the actual box the console comes in or the color of the console?
Leo: Also, you will be receiving the gaming console as pictured.
Leo: I am referring to the console.
you: The console, as pictured, appears to come in a dark colored box which were the ones being sold about a year ago whereas they changed production and started selling them in white boxes. Can you confirm this is a newer (black) console sold in a white cardboard box? I know this may sound very silly but it determines the hardware in the box.
Leo: Thanks, I have checked that for you.
Leo: The Newer box will come in white box and since it is a brand new product, you will receive the item in white box.
you: Thank you very much, that confirms what I was looking to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, excellent find. How did you find the 12% bing cashback link? I'm having trouble finding it.

I jumped on this rather than gamble with Dell.

For the cashback, just go to bing.com and search for Overstock. Click the link at the stop and it will bring up the cashback window.

What he said ^
If you're having trouble, like I was, it's 99% likely it's because you're running Firefox + ADblock. Disable Adblock and try again, voila..

And just for future reference, I got the overstock confirmation e-mail @ 6:15 PM and got an e-mail from bing about cashback @ 6:30 PM. I've personally never encountered a delayed response from Bing regarding cash back.

Are you guys sure about Jasper chips? Also does Overstock.com take returns in the event it's not a Jasper Elite?

Actually this deal works out just about the same as Dell because I don't get charged tax. :bouncy:

The info that leads us to believe they are Jaspers is in the OP

It appears that returns are relatively straight forward except they charge a 15% restocking fee on computers and electronics.

http://www.overstock.com/faq03_returns.html#1

EDIT: SkipBarry, you search for "overstock" with adblock turned off and the ad will be at the top or side of the bing shopping results. This was also posted in one of the first couple replies above.

[quote name='JuanoTejano']The OP posted the overstock rep saying they come in a white box which IRC must be a Jasper.[/QUOTE]

Cool, how does Bing cashback work? Will I get a check from them in the mail?

Overstock.com never gave me cashback on their last major game sale (Super Mario Sluggers, Wario Shake It, etc.).

Multiple requests to MS and Overstock were completely ignored. I just gave up and will never shop there again.

Rodster, Bing is really quick and easy I just signed up yesterday, if you go to bing.com and link it with any windows live account it will have all the answers you want. But basically after 60 days from the purchase (to ensure you don't get cashback for something you returned) you can cash out any cashback you have in your account to either direct deposit, paypal, or request a check be sent in the mail. Like I said though all the answers you could want are at bing.com

EDIT: In response to opportunity's problems this is my first purchase with either overstock or Bing cahsback and I already have $36.00 in my bing account waiting for me in 59 days

[quote name='JuanoTejano']Rodster, Bing is really quick and easy I just signed up yesterday, if you go to bing.com and link it with any windows live account it will have all the answers you want. But basically after 60 days from the purchase (to ensure you don't get cashback for something you returned) you can cash out any cashback you have in your account to either direct deposit, paypal, or request a check be sent in the mail. Like I said though all the answers you could want are at bing.com

EDIT: In response to opportunity's problems this is my first purchase with either overstock or Bing cahsback and I already have $36.00 in my bing account waiting for me in 59 days[/QUOTE]

Thanks Juano but I decided to wait. My 360 60GB Pro is still going strong fingers crossed after 14 months. And all the new Pro's will have a 120GB drive which are definitely Jasper's plus I figured I prefer a white 360 instead of black.

Lastly there's rumors that the 360 will shrink the CPU/GPU once again to 45nm chips in the future. :cool:

[quote name='Rodster']Thanks Juano but I decided to wait. My 360 60GB Pro is still going strong fingers crossed after 14 months. And all the new Pro's will have a 120GB drive which are definitely Jasper's plus I figured I prefer a white 360 instead of black.

Lastly there's rumors that the 360 will shrink the CPU/GPU once again to 45nm chips in the future. :cool:[/QUOTE]

i have the first gen 20gb pro.. not running strong haha. no more warranty either. dunno if its worth it for me or not though.

edit: sold out. i shouldn't have waited.

Well as to whether or not it's worth it I am buying this for $216 (after rebates) to replace a non-covered RROD which I will sell for $85 meaning I will pay $130 for a new console with a new controller (damn those loose sticks) with an extra 120gb HDD that I could either give to my brother or sell for atleast $50 on craigslist if I wanted to recoup further. Compare that to spending $100 and being out of a console for atleast a month have microsoft fix my old console with only a 1 year warranty. No brainer in my case.

Someone on another forum already bought one of these and confirmed they got a Jasper, although it is a gamble for everyone to get the same results. As a result of the gamble, I chose to ask the representative to make sure.. that was good enough for me.

Just got off the phone with a very helpful Overstock CSR who informed me that their website updates very quickly and that if you got your order confirmed while it was in stock then it was actually in stock and you were not being lied to. Also learned that any invoice in the box would list the order date as the purchase date and not the shipping date so basically anyone that got in on this is completely good to go on the MS rebate.

EDIT: To those of you who missed out on this the meijer one day only deal tomorrow would have come out to pretty much the same price, if you want to go for that I would recommend trying it at 6am (not sure what time zone) as soon as the deal goes live to make sure you get it.

If it makes anyone feel better, at the checkout it said that 85% of the products on their website have very limited stock so it's best to "purchase quickly" or something like that so in reality this deal could be viewed as a one-day thing but assuming they restock on Monday [have faith guys, xboxes are a popular commodity], you guys have another chance at this...

[quote name='tekron']If it makes anyone feel better, at the checkout it said that 85% of the products on their website have very limited stock so it's best to "purchase quickly" or something like that so in reality this deal could be viewed as a one-day thing but assuming they restock on Monday [have faith guys, xboxes are a popular commodity], you guys have another chance at this...[/QUOTE]

i saw that they said most of their products are in stock with 25 or less. so I assumed it was going to be gone quickly. I just happened to be a minute too late. It seems like they're trying to rid this stock to release the holiday bundle so I don't see why these would show up again.

[quote name='JuanoTejano']Well as to whether or not it's worth it I am buying this for $216 (after rebates) to replace a non-covered RROD which I will sell for $85 meaning I will pay $130 for a new console with a new controller (damn those loose sticks) with an extra 120gb HDD that I could either give to my brother or sell for atleast $50 on craigslist if I wanted to recoup further. Compare that to spending $100 and being out of a console for atleast a month have microsoft fix my old console with only a 1 year warranty. No brainer in my case.[/QUOTE]

Indeed this is a great deal, I agree with that totally. I would love to score a deal like this.

P.S. Good luck selling your RRoD'd Xbox for $85. Try in the range of $30, if that.

pay someone local to fix it for like 30-50 bucks and then sell it. can definitely make it for a lot more.

i'm hoping a deal comes up by the 5th but i doubt it. maybe i'll get some luck with best buy tomorrow (doubt that too).

Towel trick ftw. The console works completely...................for now. I'll be selling it to gamecrazy for $85 store credit, so basically it will be paying for my MW2 hardened edition, a must have game for me and the sequel to the game that in all likely-hood broke it in the first place, now that's justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine got here today as well. I know it's a Jasper becuase it only needs 12.1A but I thought that Jaspers had a vestigial 256mb of internal storage from when they switched the Arcade's pack-in 256mb memory card to an internal memory that you could use, is that right?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I was just hoping to bite on this, I guess I'll have to bite on the Meijer deal instead.[/QUOTE]

What's the Meijer deal?

[quote name='JuanoTejano']Towel trick ftw. The console works completely...................for now. I'll be selling it to gamecrazy for $85 store credit, so basically it will be paying for my MW2 hardened edition, a must have game for me and the sequel to the game that in all likely-hood broke it in the first place, now that's justice.[/QUOTE]

Um....games are not breaking the consoles. I can't believe there are still people out there that think this.

[quote name='shingletingle']Um....games are not breaking the consoles. I can't believe there are still people out there that think this.[/QUOTE]

I know the game didn't break the console. I was beng slightly sarcastic and pointing out that the massive amount of time I was playing the xbox and for long periods of time certainly didn't do it any good, and it was Cod4s fault that I was playing it all the time like that. So If I wanted to make my statement entirely technical instead of a joke I would say "It's fitting that I will be buying the sequel to the game that made me put an extraordinary amount of stress on my console causing it to break, with the store credit of said broken xbox." Better?

[quote name='uglyteradon']What's the Meijer deal?[/QUOTE]

It was a one day sale (Oct 3rd) that took 10%(IIRC) off the Xbox360 Elite with 4% Bing CB and still qualified for the $50 MIR making it pretty much the same price as this. There were a few very similar priced deals on the Elite from 9/22 to 10/5 but I believe that have all dried up now, I know the mail in rebate has.

bread's done
Back