Xbox 360 Elite - $254 plus free shipping at Dell

I just got a new 360 (another red-light victim) about two weeks ago... really want a black elite. Might bite at one of these offers.

Use this code: 232F46?QB982DR for free 2nd day shipping. You have to select 2nd day shipping first then enter the code otherwise it will tell you it can't be used.

[quote name='Gertle627']Jaspers? I might have to do this.[/QUOTE]

No way to know without looking at them. It's very possible that all of the ones in the new, no-HDMI-or-component-cables packages are Jaspers, but I'm not sure.

When I went to BB they only had the new boxes, all of which had been manufactured within a month and a half. I assume that you have a pretty solid shot if it's the new boxes from Dell.

They have another listed that is cheaper, that comes with the HDMI cable -- how can we tell if that's a Jasper?

hm. yesterday they had two listings, one marked down 30 dollars. today they only seemed to have the marked down listing. did anyone notice a difference in the systems? one came with hdmi cables and one without? it seems the one without would be the newer system, correct?

Just got mine in today - ordered the one without HDMI Cable (no big deal for me). Came out to about $274 with tax and free 2 day shipping with code (232F46?QB982DR). Mine is confirmed Jasper chipset, but IDK if all the ones they are sending out are Jasper so YMMV I suppose.

I'm using $3 HDMI cables I got from amazon, a bit skeptical at first so far they seem to work just as well as my friend's $49.99 cables. Though I suppose if peace of mind knowing you have an expensive cable helps you, then make the investment otherwise, $3 works just as well as $49.99+

How do you confirm if it's a Jasper chipset or not?

[quote name='100xp']I'm using $3 HDMI cables I got from amazon, a bit skeptical at first so far they seem to work just as well as my friend's $49.99 cables. Though I suppose if peace of mind knowing you have an expensive cable helps you, then make the investment otherwise, $3 works just as well as $49.99+

How do you confirm if it's a Jasper chipset or not?[/QUOTE]

Look at the power supply. If it's 150W, it's a Jasper. If it's 175, it isn't.

[quote name='mkelehan']Look at the power supply. If it's 150W, it's a Jasper. If it's 175, it isn't.[/QUOTE]
No, because they still ship out some of the older power supplies with the newer console.

Just look at the back on the console, if you have this you're good:

xbox360jasper.jpg

Checking Amazon reviews so far and some people are reporting that the new bundle has the Jasper chipset, but seems like it's hit/miss as it is with the Pro. If it's really a deciding factor for anyone, find a place to buy it where you don't get stiffed on returns and check the box for the Lot number. Generally if it's after October 2008, you should be good. Anything in 2009 is obviously much more likely. (i.e. 0842 = 42nd week of 2008)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Elites they're selling are the new Jaspers. If you look at the dell website , the manufacturer # FAA-00059 matches the manufacturer # for the newest Elite (without HDMI cable). Here's the same # on Best Buy's site.

Nice deal with the free second day shipping, especially on a confirmed Jasper.

If you're using a Visa check card, go through the small business site to get 2-4% cashback ($5-11).

Btw, the black play & charge kits are $16.14.

[quote name='opportunity777']It's not really a big deal. The cables are ultra-cheap.[/QUOTE]

The reason I posted that fact was because that would mean it would more likely be a Jasper.

[quote name='ikaden']The Elites they're selling are the new Jaspers. If you look at the dell website , the manufacturer # FAA-00059 matches the manufacturer # for the newest Elite (without HDMI cable). Here's the same # on Best Buy's site.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily...

Quite a few people over at SlickDeals have gotten Zephyrs, even with that manufacturing number. Dell charges a 15% restocking fee.

One person who received a Zephyr even ordered on the site with that MFN, but the number on the receipt was different.

This seems kind of shady. Maybe it's best to wait for Valhalla...or the new console next fall.

bread's done
Back