Xbox 360 Elite 269.99 at DELL

phila

CAGiversary!
Xbox 360 Elite, on sale for $269.99, down from $299.99 - good deal if you can't wait/don't want the Modern Warfare 2 special edition coming out in Nov.

Here's the linky...DELL Xbox 360 Elite

and just to vent... I ordered my x360 elite on the 16th for $299 and Dell won't do a price adjustment for me! I haven't even received mine yet!
What makes me even more angry is that I used an American Express $50 reward to buy it, so if I return it, Dell says they won't reissue the $50.... does this seem wrong to anybody?

You can use coupon code "6FWJ247J1P44CK" for 15% off, but sadly it doesn't stack with the savings.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pjb16']You can use coupon code "6FWJ247J1P44C" for 15% off, but sadly it doesn't stack with the savings.[/QUOTE]

Coupon is invalid.

yeah the 15% off is a better deal, I didn't realize they didn't stack when I posted.
Mkelehan, this particular 15% off coupon expires oct31st I think... while the MW2 bundle comes out Nov 5th? If Dell starts pre-selling the bundle in late Oct, then maybe you'll be able to use the coupon!

[quote name='phila']yeah the 15% off is a better deal, I didn't realize they didn't stack when I posted.
Mkelehan, this particular 15% off coupon expires oct31st I think... while the MW2 bundle comes out Nov 5th? If Dell starts pre-selling the bundle in late Oct, then maybe you'll be able to use the coupon![/QUOTE]

Great point, great point. I shall set myself a reminder to check back in late October.

The description states that te hdmi cable is not included. That's a pretty safe bet that it's one of the newer Jasper Elite's, correct?

I'm hoping its the new jaspers. I should be receiving my xbox later tonight... if you guys want, i'll update this thread with what I got.

nice deal, not in the market quite yet, but i do have my eyes on the mw2 edition, so i too will check back late oct.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='KueMan10']The description states that te hdmi cable is not included. That's a pretty safe bet that it's one of the newer Jasper Elite's, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Good to go in my opinion. Unless..

[quote name='phila']Xbox 360 Elite, on sale for $269.99, down from $299.99 - good deal if you can't wait/don't want the Modern Warfare 2 special edition coming out in Nov.

Here's the linky...DELL Xbox 360 Elite

and just to vent... I ordered my x360 elite on the 16th for $299 and Dell won't do a price adjustment for me! I haven't even received mine yet!
What makes me even more angry is that I used an American Express $50 reward to buy it, so if I return it, Dell says they won't reissue the $50.... does this seem wrong to anybody?[/QUOTE]

Not only does that sound wrong, it also sounds illegal. No matter what tender you use to pay in, if you are to be refunded, by law, they must refund you (not sure if the type of tender matters, from a legal standpoint). I'm no lawyer, but I am pretty sure that is the way it works.

I'm surprised they won't reduce the price to match that sale. If I were you, I would call them again and ask for a manager (especially if you get transfered to an India-based call center).

Nice to hear they are all jaspers... Does anyone know if you can redownload everything if you buy a new 360. I know you can do that with PS3's, but I am unsure of this possibility for 360's. Thanks!

[quote name='KueMan10']Nice to hear they are all jaspers... Does anyone know if you can redownload everything if you buy a new 360. I know you can do that with PS3's, but I am unsure of this possibility for 360's. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yep, once a year like the above post said. Also, once you get everything transferred to the new hard drive, and you have transferred the content license to the new console via the link above, I suggest going through the process of downloading everything again.* I know it is tedious, but you need to do it to ensure you can use your DLC both on and offline. And if you do that, it's a lot easier to line up your past downloads through the XBox website rather than doing it through the dashboard.

*Forgot to mention, this isn't as bad as it sounds. Because you already have the actual content on your hard drive, each redownload only takes a second. It sees that it is there and immediately says download complete. But doing so also completes the process of attaching it to that specific console so you can use the content offline if you want.

[quote name='KueMan10']Nice to hear they are all jaspers... Does anyone know if you can redownload everything if you buy a new 360. I know you can do that with PS3's, but I am unsure of this possibility for 360's. Thanks![/QUOTE]

You can redownload anything on any console and play it as long as you're connected to Live. If you're not connected to Live all the time, you'll need to do the emigration that was mentioned above.

I called dell I think a little over a week ago regarding which one they have. That time I was told they only have falcon units and have no idea about when they will get jasper. It's good to hear that phila got a jasper and please if anyone else just ordered post which one you received. I will call dell again to see what they say.
BTW great deal to jump on although it is good till oct. 31 so I suggest wait till last few days to see if anything better comes along. It also comes with 2nd day free shipping. Great deal

Decided to jump on this.. a gift to my girlfriend for her bday.. 2 days ago i bought a jasper PRO at best buy with a 2 year protection plan... came out to 358.... saw this today with the coupon, total came out to $254.99 plus 21 bucks of taxes for a grand total of $276.98..........hopefully the elite jaspers wont malfunction as much as the older ones although i hope if it does malfunction it is the RROD..

Anyways anyone know when i return the PRO to best buy that they wont give me a hassle returning the protection plan as well...???

[quote name='serge2k']Decided to jump on this.. a gift to my girlfriend for her bday.. 2 days ago i bought a jasper PRO at best buy with a 2 year protection plan... came out to 358.... saw this today with the coupon, total came out to $254.99 plus 21 bucks of taxes for a grand total of $276.98..........hopefully the elite jaspers wont malfunction as much as the older ones although i hope if it does malfunction it is the RROD..

Anyways anyone know when i return the PRO to best buy that they wont give me a hassle returning the protection plan as well...???[/QUOTE]

You have 30 days to return or buy any plan. Take it from a former employee:)

I finally bought one. But I paid for it with my Sony card. I hope that doesn't curse it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tom Ato']You have 30 days to return or buy any plan. Take it from a former employee:)

I finally bought one. But I paid for it with my Sony card. I hope that doesn't curse it![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply Tom Ato... i have yet to go to return it... will go this weekend.. if anyone is wondering i got my Elite (or soon to be GF's lol) and it is a jasper... i think manufacturing date was like june 2009

[quote name='hottaterman']I believe any 360 without a hdmi cable is a Jasper, also if the power output is 12.1v it should also be a Jasper.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this is not entirely true, as they repackaged some of the elites and resold them in the new boxes without the extras. There's an article saying all the arcades were jaspers, and about 50% of the pros/elites might be jaspers that were repacked and price dropped.

If you're power output is 12.1v then you're in luck however.

bread's done
Back