XBOX 360 Elite $269.99 refurb at microcenter

joe6555

CAGiversary!
For those of you interested Microcenter is selling refurbished Elites for $269.99.:hot: The ad doesn't say what the package includes.
They also have refurbished:
PSP: 129.99
PS2: 89.99
PS3 40GB: 329.99:hot:
360 PRO: 229.99
360 Core: 199.99

LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE!
http://microcenter.com/specials/cata...roadsheet.html

refurbbx8.jpg

Thanks to sharpedge for the pic and link!

Last edited by a moderator:
If true, that is a good price for the 360 elite, but the PS3 40gb price is not hot, it's just $70 off the new retail price, just like the 360 pro refurb price you listed.

Yes, this is B&M. This might be regional, I'm not sure. It is listed in the gaming page in the ad I recieved today in the mail. My closest Microcenter is the one in Tustin, CA. As for the quality, never bought refurbished from Microcenter before so i couldn't tell you.

[quote name='acecombat']Hey do they have a website with this deal?[/quote]

I doubt it; I checked microcenter.com and the Elite still lists for $450.

I'm guessing this is very regional, very YMMV, very shot-in-the-dark.

Well it's confirmed as "Not available for on-line purchase.", but perhaps someone can get lucky and pick up an Elite at a B&M Microcenter. That's pretty much the only decent deal on there, the rest is simply "meh" as it's all on par with street price or more expensive, for all intents and purposes.

Also, "No instructions or original box" is one thing, but it's also a huge YMMV whether you're getting a refurb Falcon 360 Elite or a refurb non-Falcon 360 Elite. I can't imagine they have a huge selection to choose from. Not to mention nowhere does it say that it includes anything else that came in the original Elite bundle (headset, wireless controller, cables, etc., etc.).

I hate that my X360 is the only non-black part of my entire home theater. LCD, HD DVD, VCR, PS3, original Xbox, AVR, speakers, stands - everything was black except for one chrome rack and then I plopped the 2nd X360 I bought to play GTA IV in top of it all and it just looks dumb.

I wouldn't bother. The Jasper models should be out by the end of August and you get a three year RROD warranty on all 360s bought, where as refurb your getting three months to a year warranty. The newer the better with 360's considering all launch units have a 30%+ chance to die on you, and I was one of them.

[quote name='UCLAevo']i've got a $108 gift card for mc. anybody interested in picking it up for like $90?

how are the quality of mc refurbs?[/quote]

Not that great. I bought my refurb pro from them back in Sept 2007. The first one red ringed and hard drive crashed 28 days after I bought it. The second one had a corrupt sector on the hard drive that caused halo 3 to lock up. The third one eventually red ringed but instead of taking it back to Microcenter, I shipped it to MS, so now I am on number 4. I got it during their 2 year UNLIMITED exchanges program, but after the second one gave me problems and I took it back they refused to exchange it until I showed them the recepit clearly stating 2 year unlimited exchanges and get a managers approval.

[quote name='sharpedge']Their online ad (page 39) shows them, it didn't ask for a zipcode when I viewed the ad so I'd say it's national. Be interesting to know what the warranty is.

http://microcenter.com/specials/catalogs/broadsheet.html

refurbbx8.jpg

On the facing page they also have Spiderwick Chronicles for $9.99 for all systems, which seems really cheap.[/quote]

Thier warrenty is 60 days (I think). They don't test the units properly and don't be suprised if you find someone else's profile on the hard drive when you get it. :(

Don't expect a falcon model but do expect a unit from the 2005-2006 era.

Use cation with thier units.

same here I got in on the 199 refurb with 1 year warranty, first one lasted 4 months then RROD, then next one drive wouldnt open on the first night, next one it wouldnt read games so finally after that when I returned thankfully they were out of refurbs so they gave me a refund...i was so happy...goodluck to you guys if you go for refurbs but man I had the worst luck with my MC ones

For the retarded people out there... Two friends during the holidays bought cheap refurbished Xbox 360s from Microcenter. Both broke quickly and they do not have a warranty through Microsoft. This means everytime you get a Red Ring you pay $100+. DO NOT BE A MORON AND ONLY BUY A NEW XBOX 360!!

[quote name='artvandelay30']For the retarded people out there... Two friends during the holidays bought cheap refurbished Xbox 360s from Microcenter. Both broke quickly and they do not have a warranty through Microsoft. This means everytime you get a Red Ring you pay $100+. DO NOT BE A MORON AND ONLY BUY A NEW XBOX 360!![/quote]

Well it depends on when they got their 360's. If it was during Microcenter's 1 or 2 year warranty, then they were good to go, however if it was straight up 60/90 days ... then yea they were screwed unless they red ringed.

I'm not one that is totally against refurbished products, but I wouldn't bother with a refurbish 360 given its history.

bread's done
Back