Xbox 360 Elite System (Refurb) $219.99 at Geeks.com

What type of warranty would a refurb system carry?

Wouldn't the 3 year warranty from M$ be voided because it's been opened?

[quote name='bigloser']What type of warranty would a refurb system carry?

Wouldn't the 3 year warranty from M$ be voided because it's been opened?[/quote]

If it was refurbed by MS, I wouldn't think so - I had my 360 repaired (replaced really) by MS and was told that the warranty clocks were "reset" when I received my replacement.

off topic - glad MS decided to cover the E74 error codes under the 3 year warranty, mine broke a year ago w/ an E74 error and I had to pony up $100 for a repair - so in a short 10-12 weeks I can expect a refund check.

Does anyone know what kind of warranty this refurb carries? 90 days, 1 year, or is it still eligible for 3 yr warranty?

Earlier this year, I tried to purchase a refurb 360 from the Geeks. First one RRoD'ed within 10 minutes. No problem with the Geeks, they sent another with prepaid return shipping for the first. Second one RRoD'ed within a day. Returned to the Geeks and got a full refund. (Also, MS was willing to support the refurb unit for the RRoD warranty.)

The moral of the story is that you may have good or bad luck with refurbed 360s, but if you buy one from Computer Geeks, based on my experience, you can rely on excellent customer service.

Ok so mine crapped out in two days.. got my rma, they said they had to offer a full refund because the system wasnt instock and wouldnt be ever again. The disc drive quit working with one of my games in it! Kindell said she was only one of four Returns workers at the geeks.com and over one fourth if not one half of what they sold has been returned. :(

[quote name='Khondor']ive ordered from geeks.com several times.
they are legit
344.jpg
[/quote]
Yes I have too! Geeks.com is a great site, Ive always gotten what I odered quick, and have never had a problem.:D

Im not saying Geeks.com is bad, im saying this experience was bad because the item crapped out, the rep told me a fourth had crapped out. AND instead of fullfilling the 90 day warrant that was promised on the site, they want to just rma for a refund. So my point is, this experience was crap. They were nice, honest, and fast. But its not a deal if at least 1/4th the people get a dead system.

bread's done
Back