Xbox 360 faceplates at 99 cent stores

Sooo...I checked this out. It's true, though the store I visited tonight was out of the Hot Rod plates.

I picked up 3 Woody plates and 3 Carbon Fiber. If there's interest beyond what I've already picked up, I'll swing back and grab more. They had a BUNCH of carbon fiber plates and mabe a dozen wood faceplates left.

I went today, found nothing. I have no clue where they would even put it in the store. I saw a electronics aisle, but it had car-related stuff and headphones. wtf... I might drop by another store later, but can anyone clarify what section I should be looking for?

Damn, I'm looking to get a Hotrod one because ever since I took my original off I can't hit the power button. I'm hoping a new faceplate would fix it (the door cover for the USB ports came off which is why I took it off) but I don't want to fork our ~$10 just hoping.

Maybe I'll drive to CA or NV from IL for the .99 faceplates :applause:.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Damn, I'm looking to get a Hotrod one because ever since I took my original off I can't hit the power button. I'm hoping a new faceplate would fix it (the door cover for the USB ports came off which is why I took it off) but I don't want to fork our ~$10 just hoping.

Maybe I'll drive to CA or NV from IL for the .99 faceplates :applause:.[/QUOTE]

I have an extra white faceplate (the one that originally comes on the system) that I could send to you. They told me to remove the faceplate on my RROD system before sending it in and my replacement had a faceplate on it. PM if you are interested.

Shouldn't be more than $4ish shipped after a buck for the plate, the mailer, and postage. I found them in the aisle where they sell the cheap DVD's and wired phone headsets.

Well I was able to find only the Wood faceplate at the 99 Cents only store. The store is located on Pico and Valencia in Los Angeles.

Wood looks pretty good. Might look better on an Elite model.

PIC-0024.jpg

Just got back from the 99 Cent store in Mesa, AZ on Main and Greenfield. They had all three faceplates available in a large bin just to the right of the entrance. Picked up all three for $3.24 total....less than I spent at Starbucks this morning...

[quote name='THams']Just got back from the 99 Cent store in Mesa, AZ on Main and Greenfield. They had all three faceplates available in a large bin just to the right of the entrance. Picked up all three for $3.24 total....less than I spent at Starbucks this morning...[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this post, I'll keep them in mind if Countryclub and Southern is OOS.

I want all three. If somebody can get a hold of them, I'll pay you for the shipping plus a little extra. Or you can take a game or two from my list.

[quote name='newantt']I went to one near me, no luck :([/quote]

Which one? I'm going to be in Phoenix next week and was hoping to pick some up.

Cheers

[quote name='Access_Denied']I want all three. If somebody can get a hold of them, I'll pay you for the shipping plus a little extra. Or you can take a game or two from my list.[/QUOTE]

Drop me a PM & we'll get everything squared away. :D

Thanks OP!
Hopefully they'll have them.. there's a lot of 99cent only stores near me.
What aise/section were they in? Besides the front entrance

i bought a carbon fiber one at a store called "five below" for less than 5 bucks (can't remember how much) a few weeks ago. It looks funny with my arcade unit since it has a white (not chrome) dvd tray.

[quote name='THams']Just got back from the 99 Cent store in Mesa, AZ on Main and Greenfield. They had all three faceplates available in a large bin just to the right of the entrance. Picked up all three for $3.24 total....less than I spent at Starbucks this morning...[/quote]

Nice, ill have to check that out.. not to far from me.

I checked two other locations around the Los Angeles area. Was only able to find Hot Rod and Wood faceplate. No sign of carbon fiber faceplate yet.

I think the carbon one doesn't look that good only because the disc tray is still white.. i dunno. That' s just my opinion.

Ventured into that hell-hole of desperation and couldn't find any. To add insult to injury, some woman asked me if I worked there!

[quote name='Decker']Ventured into that hell-hole of desperation and couldn't find any. To add insult to injury, some woman asked me if I worked there![/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I got that from a woman too. :p

This could be worth looking into, I'll check the 2 close to me and see what i can find. The carbon seems to be the best looking one to me.

They deffinetly do stock them in some 99 cent stores. 3 out of 4 I found in a 15 mile radius had them. Mostly the wood ones, a few hot rods and some carbon fiber....wait no more carbon fiber as I bought them all LoL. Pamona and Covina in CA had plenty left. Mostly in Pamona.

Ok. For those of you having trouble locating them. Here is a picture of how some locations have them in display.

PIC-0025.jpg

bread's done
Back