Xbox 360 Fall Update Thread [Post wishlish, discussion here] Rumored leak inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyersfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Well, I'm almost positive no date has been set yet, but as we all know (or, the ones who've owned a 360 for a year now) we get two dashboard updates a year, one in the fall, one in the spring. The Fall one will be coming out soon (obv.) If I remember right the last one came out on Halloween or right around then. Figure'd we could post our wishlish and discuss things here. I did a search and this thread hasn't been created yet unless the OP did some weird Topic title.

I got this link from a friend that claims to be a leak of the new update. Take it with a grain of salt (as it says) because there was a leak like this for the spring update and most of the things on there didn't make it (although a few did, maybe lucky guesses?).

The somewhat late Spring Dashboard Update didn’t introduce as many exciting features as 360 gamers might have hoped for. The additional blade for the Marketplace, Windows Live Messenger integration, and the extension of the background download functionality were the features leading the pack. As Fall draws ever closer, fans are pinning their hopes on the second major update of the year. And as is always the case, the features to be included in the Fall Dashboard Update have been leaked onto the intertubes.

Since the long list of features for the upcoming Dash Update comes straight from the official Xbox.com forums, take it with a huge chunk of salt:

• Compatibility with 3rd party wireless controllers
  • Compatibility with messenger pad
  • Xbox Live Vision firmware upgrade, sharper image filtering
  • Many more Vision Cam settings
  • New screensaver settings - when away from Xbox 360, screensaver will play for optional time, before screen goes dark
  • New Xbox Live Arcade blade - where you can download, play and learn about Xbox Live Arcade
  • Brand new “web based adver-games” flash games which aren’t downloaded, but are playable bite sized games, accessed via new Xbox Live Arcade Blade
  • New Screensaver option in Themes and Gamer Pics option in Marketplace blade
  • New functionality with Messenger, works with chatpad
  • New XNA Game Launcher for those that have the program, new options
  • New language, time and date settings
  • New “advertising opportunities” in gameplay
  • Xvid support
  • New “favourites” option via Xbox Live Arcade, can rate according to preference
  • IPTV Functionality - support for TiVo like PVR options. Will be able to record TV direct. Options include source by channel, director, actor and distributor
  • Filter friends list, will be able to filter friends via games
  • New clan support - will be able to launch clan games direct from dashboard, can “fold” friends into new clan category in friends list
  • Better translations in settings and other options for Japanese, German and Spanish languages
  • New quick option to delete via X Button in memory viewer
  • Option for having downloadable In-game content not inform when completed download
  • Option for having video content not inform when completed download
  • Faster settings for viewing unfinished video content downloads
  • New option in Games tab - beta and others, will be launcher for MMO and multiplayer betas
  • New option in Marketplace Games tab, search by letter, can be inputted via text pad or console
  • Smarter game settings - you can be messaged via publishers about new in-game content for your games
  • Picture in picture functionality for DVD Drive and some other updated settings
  • Improved USB Keyboard settings
  • Improved voice chat settings in game and from dashboard
  • Faster response times to Redeem Code settings
  • Option to play a Redeemed Code game straight after redeeming code
  • Console will now recognise low Hard Drive space, will inform you immediately if can’t download current item, will automatically download next available that is able
  • Increased space size for gamerpics and dashboard themes
  • Themes can now be animated
  • Themes may now have sound effects
  • Better slideshow capabilitiesm new options added. New sound effects and integration with Hard Drive/ PC music capable
  • New estimated timer for downloads, informing how long download will expect to take

By the looks of it, the hefty list of features appears to be quite legit. Apart from one little thing that is – Xvid support. Despite having been rumored for what seems like ages, the addition of the infamous Xvid support would no doubt anger Microsoft’s movie partners who have been making some serious profits thanks to the Video Marketplace. Until some more reliable information surfaces, we’re filing this one under the rumors section.

What features would you like to see included in the Fall Dasboard Update?

http://www.xboxic.com/news/3483

None of that long list of features sounds all that great, but I really can't think of any great new features. The only things I would really like would be able to download and play music while playing backwards compatible games and the ability to customize every blade's wallpaper.

[quote name='Liquid 2']
I really want to see 4+ way private chat.[/quote]

Yes I really really want to have private chat for multiple people simultaneously.

More people in private chat, and I'd also like to be able to " ask" my parent for permission to use WLM just like I had to to play an original Xbox game ( ....). The rumored new flash game thing seems interesting. Though, this is M$, so there's most likely some money that you'd have to pay.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I really want to see 4+ way private chat.[/quote]

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Even if they only up it to 3 or 4 this time around it would be more than enough. It would make going through Dead Rising and some other 1P Only titles a lot more fun since we could all converse to one another while still doing our thing on different games.

Oh well, maybe one day soon.

I'd like it if they added a feature that would change the theme from day-to-day or every x amount of days or weeks or even months. Like having tomb raider one day and the next have metal battle maidens or even just cycling through all your themes.

The Theme upgrades seem interesting. It will be hit or miss with the animations and sound for me because I'm one of those gamers who can't stand the looping video on the OXM discs.

IPTV Functionality - support for TiVo like PVR options. Will be able to record TV direct. Options include source by channel, director, actor and distributor

That would be sweet, but I would need the 120 gig ...

[quote name='danked']That would be sweet, but I would need the 120 gig ...[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but which company said that quote in your sig? Ubisoft?

[quote name='Flyersfan']Off topic, but which company said that quote in your sig? Ubisoft?[/QUOTE]

I think it was Epic.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']An option to turn off friends notification while watching movies.[/quote]

Can't you already do that from the Notifications menu under Personal?

Or are the Friend notifications one of the ones you can't turn off?

[quote name='benjamouth']Can't you already do that from the Notifications menu under Personal?

Or are the Friend notifications one of the ones you can't turn off?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. But it needs to be automatic.

Here's another thing: shouldn't the HD Drive be able to tell what HDDVD is inserted and display a name?

[quote name='benjamouth']Can't you already do that from the Notifications menu under Personal?

Or are the Friend notifications one of the ones you can't turn off?[/QUOTE]

I think you can turn that off, but you'd have to go back and forth turning it on and off if you want to watch a movie or play a game (assuming you want it on).

It's either that, or the achievement notification that you can turn on/off. Forgot which.

Not really part of the update but, discounted old xbla games sounds good. Sort of like the final showings of a directv ppv movie for $1.99. Maybe choose a game each month as the special of the month half off.

Additional XNA support through live would be nice especially with the new 2.0 features.

[quote name='Bazz']Thank g0d Xvid I been wanting that for ever.[/QUOTE]

They're not going to do Xvid-- it's basically a pirate's codec. that would be a horrible PR move that would piss off the companies who are supporting the Video Marketplace. it would be nice though :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']They're not going to do Xvid-- it's basically a pirate's codec. that would be a horrible PR move that would piss off the companies who are supporting the Video Marketplace. it would be nice though :lol:[/quote]Well I think they need to support it. It's the new Divx format basically at least they should support is avi. They deffenitly need add new codecs though because no videos I have are wmv.

I'd like to see more features on the "active download" screen, making it more of a download manager. I want to be able to re-order and selectively pause downloads (without removing them from the list). This probably isn't a feature in high demand, but I've found myself downloading 3+ items more than a few times. Then I want to stream media or something and it would be nice to pause them.

[quote name='Bazz'] no videos I have are wmv.[/QUOTE]

exactly. no vids I have are wmv either. they're all divx, because they're downloaded, and it would somewhat undermine their video marketplace to allow that codec.

Xvid is an open source mpeg4 video variant, similar to what ogg vorbis is for audio, so there shouldn't be any legal or licensing hurdles to adding support for it.

[quote name='radjago']Xvid is an open source mpeg4 video variant, similar to what ogg vorbis is for audio, so there shouldn't be any legal or licensing hurdles to adding support for it.[/QUOTE]

except for that whole "wtf MS we put our vids on the marketplace and now you open up your system to a codec mainly used for piracy" thing.

No 16:10 support = fuck YOU MICROSOFT.

Seriously, I've been waiting two fucking years for this shit, and instead you fucks work on "more advertising opportunities in game".

This shit list better be a joke.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']An option to turn off friends notification while watching movies.[/QUOTE]
And when playing games!

Jesus H. Christ does it piss me off when some fucker logs in and I can't even see my fucking screen for half a minute.

(Unless of course this is already available and I haven't noticed the option)

[quote name='danked']That would be sweet, but I would need the 120 gig ...[/quote]

Would be smart of them cause I bet a decent chunk of us with the 20 gig (or the core people with no HDD... do they even exist?) would be willing to plop down money for an overpriced 120gig HDD to record shows with.

I won't record any movies or shows on my HDD. It's just something about a physical copy that's so appealing to me.

I'm also down for more than one person private chat. I'd also like to see clans. I'd be down with joining the CAG Gears clan anyday.

i demand new UFC fights and full shows, i've seen the list and those fights are new, Microsoft or UFC get off your fucking ass and get to work

[quote name='Nate1986']i demand new UFC fights and full shows, i've seen the list and those fights are new, Microsoft or UFC get off your fucking ass and get to work[/QUOTE]
Marketplace content has nothing to do with the fall/spring updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back