Xbox 360 for a pack of Newport's

bubbafett4hire

CAGiversary!
My next door neighbor has a falcon motherboard Xbox 360. A few weeks ago it suffered the fate of the rrod. I told him dude send it back get it fixed the whole 9 yards ,informed him that the majority it happens to and that MS set aside quite a bit of money to handle this problem for people. For the next week rather then call MS or not play the system he smacked the top of it rather hard rapidly (have no idea why) and was able to get it to goto the dash then after it locked up he said fuck it and walk away. He called me yesterday to ask me for a cigarette , told him yeah i have one come over. As i was standing outside bullshitting with him i asked him what was going on with the Xbox. He basically said he's throwing it out and buying a new one. Now my love for a quick flip i asked him how much you want for it broken , 1st he said i know i am not going to get no $80 for it just give me a pack of cigarettes. Without hesitation i gave him a pack of smokes and toke the broken 360 off his hands.

After about an hour of x-clamp fixing and other tidbits i am happy to say that the 360 is working so far so good. i ran a 24 hour test on it to see how it would hold up and it seems ok , i have no doubt in my mind that it will rrod once more but, for a $6.50 pack of Newport box and a $12.00 trip to the hardware store i can't bitch about a working 360.

And no he only gave me the AV cable (non-HD) a 64MB memory card (Already ordered the $20 one from MS last night) and the power brick

Total out of pocket cost = $39.19

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']You gave him more than gamestop would have given him.

They would've given him half a pack.

Already smoked.

and no box.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention the warranty they would sell with it, the fact that the cigs were unfiltered and urinated on, and the "price" you quoted him would be in store "credit" only. You don't even want to know how much they would have given him for simple "cash!" Yikes! lol!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']You gave him more than gamestop would have given him.

They would've given him half a pack.

Already smoked.

and no box.[/quote]
:):applause: that's the truth:applause: :)

is it cool to trade cigarettes for games on CAG? Im in NC where cigs are cheap compared to most places... Just sayin... Cigs are easily found where I live, games... not so much.

Sweet Trade by the way. I would have done that, Newports only $3.69 here.

[quote name='gordojones88']Wow, I would've helped him send it in to MS for fixing.
It pays to be nice to neighbors and coworkers.[/quote]

I would have had no problem with that, he'd just rather by a new one even after i told him you might (doubtful) end up with a new machine. I figured it like this i had 2 choices

1. give him something for his trash :applause:
2. pick the banana peels off of it when i pick it out of the trash can :bomb:

[quote name='SkeletonBrute']is it cool to trade cigarettes for games on CAG? Im in NC where cigs are cheap compared to most places... Just sayin... Cigs are easily found where I live, games... not so much.

Sweet Trade by the way. I would have done that, Newports only $3.69 here.[/quote]

cigs cheap in NC? who'da thunk it? ;)

[quote name='jbroush99']When you say he is your neighbor, does that mean he is the next cell over?[/quote]

yegh it's sweet they let us have wifi internet, laptops, and xbox 360's , plus access to the local hardware store. Which i must say thank you for tax dollars at work makes us inmates real happy

[quote name='jbroush99']When you say he is your neighbor, does that mean he is the next cell over?[/quote]

LOL, that's the first thing I thought too!

o_O Cigarettes as currency?!?!?

My neighbor gave her kids Nintendo Wii away to another family because the kid wasn't playing it (of course she bought it for the kid). Who gives a Wii away in this day and age?? 250$ + down the drain, oh well at least she didn't throw it out.

[quote name='farfus']OP, does your neighbor know its working now? Thats a great story!! :applause:[/quote]

yeah , i told him i got it working and that if he wanted it back it was going to cost him $40 for the smokes , the hard drive and the hardware to fix it. He told me he still didn't care and remarked how his new one will last forever

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']yeah , i told him i got it working and that if he wanted it back it was going to cost him $40 for the smokes , the hard drive and the hardware to fix it. He told me he still didn't care and remarked how his new one will last forever[/quote]

Better stay a good friend of this guy, probably want two packs when his new 1 gets fried!

[quote name='Kerig']That's insane...cigarettes cost $6.50 a pack???[/quote]

OP where the hell are you from?

Ports here are only 4.07 a pack plus tax ... :bomb:

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Newports huh? was he black?[/QUOTE]

Wow that's not a racist question at all, no sir. You might as well have just asked other stereotypical things about watermelon and fried chicken. Oh wait, never mind. You went the direct route and asked if he was African American. As some folks down in the south would say, "That's mighty white of you, boy." People disappoint me more and more these days I swear...:imwithst:

Next time you have a thought bro, do us all a favor and let it go. Just let it go. :wall::whistle2:$

[quote name='Pck21']Wow that's not a racist question at all, no sir. You might as well have just asked other stereotypical things about watermelon and fried chicken. Oh wait, never mind. You went the direct route and asked if he was African American. As some folks down in the south would say, "That's mighty white of you, boy." People disappoint me more and more these days I swear...:imwithst:

Next time you have a thought bro, do us all a favor and let it go. Just let it go. :wall::whistle2:$[/quote]

LOL the sad part is yes even though your point was well made and well called for but, he is black lol

[quote name='Pck21']Wow that's not a racist question at all, no sir. You might as well have just asked other stereotypical things about watermelon and fried chicken. Oh wait, never mind. You went the direct route and asked if he was African American. As some folks down in the south would say, "That's mighty white of you, boy." People disappoint me more and more these days I swear...:imwithst:

Next time you have a thought bro, do us all a favor and let it go. Just let it go. :wall::whistle2:$[/QUOTE]

take a joke instead of taking it up you ass
I'm sure you would be awfully offended by the Chappelle show

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I'll trade you that X-Box 360 for a carton of KOOL's[/quote]

2 cartons and your dessert tray for the next 2 months ,dude in c-block has mine for the shank he made me

I quit when they got to $2 a pack. Anything over the $1.50 I was used to paying and I was like 'fuck that'.

How people pay that much for something that's a known irritant and can cause some major diseases is beyond me. I was like a two pack a day smoker when I quit too. I quit cold turkey. It was easy as hell once I realized what I was saving, between my health and the money.

Mind you, when I was rolling my own, mine always ended up looking like a joint. :lol: I could never roll them perfectly.

I don't mind people smoking, it's there choice afterall. I'm just glad I never gave in to peer pressure during highschool and started smoking.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I don't mind people smoking, it's there choice afterall. I'm just glad I never gave in to peer pressure during highschool and started smoking.[/quote] Yeah, but their secondhand smoke effects everyong around them.

Lol, this would have been a deal 10 years ago. He got ripped off.

Here in ND all public places are smoke free so I dont have to be around it. I remember the day when I would goto a restaurant with my family and my mom would be smoking while we ate. Damn I hated that.

bread's done
Back