XBOX 360 Free 300 MS Points When Using Visa Card

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
You have to download the free visa gamer picture pack on xbox live or xbox.com first then purchase the points on the xbox 360 dashboard. From 9/1/09-9/31/09 buy at least 2000 or more microsoft points at one time to use on xbox with your visa card and get 300 ms points free. The ms points must be used by 6/31/10.

2000 points is $25 so you're getting $3.75 of free ms points extra. Not bad if you don't want to buy a 4000 point card you can get half and spend half and get this bonus free or for those who'd rather purchase on the dashboard instead of going out and buying them at a store.

2000 points is $25 so you're getting $3.75 of free ms points extra. Not bad if you don't want to buy a 4000 point card you can get half and spend half and get this bonus free or for those who'd rather purchase on the dashboard instead of going out and buying them at a store.

I dont think normal microsoft points will expire.

But since they are giving these through a promotion they will.

Pretty sure its just the 300 bonus points. Personally I think you can go out and buy 4000 points for 30-40$ which is a far better value than paying 25 for 2300.

[quote name='intoxicated662']You have to download the free visa gamer picture pack on xbox live or xbox.com first then purchase the points on the xbox 360 dashboard. From 9/1/09-9/31/09 buy at least 2000 or more microsoft points at one time to use on xbox with your visa card and get 300 ms points free. The ms points must be used by 6/31/10.

2000 points is $25 so you're getting $3.75 of free ms points extra. Not bad if you don't want to buy a 4000 point card you can get half and spend half and get this bonus free or for those who'd rather purchase on the dashboard instead of going out and buying them at a store.[/QUOTE]

Soooo I can use my Sony Style Visa right? Lol. :D

[quote name='dcm1602']I dont think normal microsoft points will expire.

But since they are giving these through a promotion they will.

Pretty sure its just the 300 bonus points. Personally I think you can go out and buy 4000 points for 30-40$ which is a far better value than paying 25 for 2300.[/QUOTE]

Where can you get a 4000 MS points card for $30-40. I remember there was a deal a month or two ago where it was only $30 but that has since expired no?

[quote name='mrhappi79']Where can you get a 4000 MS points card for $30-40. I remember there was a deal a month or two ago where it was only $30 but that has since expired no?[/QUOTE]

I know target had some where you get like 10$ off if you spent 50$ (not that long ago)

I know on ebay there TONS of sales on them for that (someone just posted one on here yesterday that was PayPal guaranteed)

Just comes down to finding em at the right time

.....I'm good. My 360 doesn't know my credit card # and I like it like that.

I'm still mad that my Playstation 3 does...

4000 ms points is unheard of. otherwise, alot of people on cag would be all over that deal and I would of jumped on it too. plus alot of those are scams or unsure websites, etc. oh and you should be able to use your sony style visa just as long as it will charge as a credit card. as soon as you choose to participate in the promotion, it'll pop up a box letting you purchase just 2000 points with no hassle. I have a pre-paid visa card I put $ into and will try it later.

[quote name='dcm1602']I know target had some where you get like 10$ off if you spent 50$ (not that long ago)

I know on ebay there TONS of sales on them for that (someone just posted one on here yesterday that was PayPal guaranteed)

Just comes down to finding em at the right time[/QUOTE]

I saw that post from yesterday. Apparently the poster admitted the deal was too good to be true. The ebay seller didn't have any feedback or history. The only reason he bit on the deal was because it was paypal protected and took the chance.

Last month target had a 5$ gift card when you bought 1600 (20$) Microsoft points. That deal was all over these forums.

Thats 4800 microsoft points for 45$.

[quote name='dcm1602']Last month target had a 5$ gift card when you bought 1600 (20$) Microsoft points. That deal was all over these forums.

Thats 4800 microsoft points for 45$.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be 4000 Points for $40 if you were to put the gift cards towards $10 worth of MS points

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, I'm never going to attach a credit card to my 360.[/QUOTE]

You can delete credit cards that arent attached to an active subscription.

Just as a heads up the points don't expire 6/30/2010. What they mean is that any point promotion codes that are not redeemed by 6/30/2010 are void. It also say limit one per Xbox Live account. Hope that clarifies some things.

I guess this is nice for people who buy a lot of points, but 300 is nothing. The Target and Amazon deals are better when available.

I won 5,000 points playing 1vs100, so I'll keep my credit cards off the 360 for the time being.

[quote name='Easy Reader']I guess this is nice for people who buy a lot of points, but 300 is nothing. The Target and Amazon deals are better when available.

I won 5,000 points playing 1vs100, so I'll keep my credit cards off the 360 for the time being.[/QUOTE]

So you got chosen to play in the LIVE version of 1 vs 100? Out of curiosity, how many games did you play in the preceding week to be chosen. Just want to know my chances.

[quote name='scottman']misleading title. You should mention that it requires purchase of points.[/QUOTE]

not actually misleading because nothing is ever FREE in this world with no work. if you got 300 ms points from the axe promotion, you'd have to print the coupon and drive over there to use it. well, this is similiar but you stay home and just purchase with ya credit card from the dashboard and they're free. even the schwan's free ice cream someone posted awhile back took some effort and I had to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive. so yeah, this isn't a bad deal like I stated and it's about convenience to some people plus you can remove ya credit card on xbox.com or call it in to get it taken off your account.

Change the title of this thread, I too think it's a bit misleading. BOOOOOOOO

And MS will never get my CC info, never ever ever.

i just downloaded the gamerpic and bought 2000 points with my amazon visa but no extra 300 code yet

needed some anyway to get shadow complex.

I did it, I blow points on RB tracks all the time and figured 300 free points to pre-buy points I was going to use anyway was a decent deal.

still no 300 code.

i guess i'll be calling customer support today from work.
both my bosses arent here so it'll be a nice friday!

Not a great deal, but a deal nonetheless. I don't understand why you guys are hating on the OP, but whatever.

Also, for everyone saying you can get a 4000 MS point card for $30, please link me, I'd love to have one :p.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, I'm never going to attach a credit card to my 360.[/QUOTE]

This.

Yeah I know you can supposedly delete them but I've heard so many horror stories about problems with MS and credit cards I'm never doing it.

[quote name='benjamouth']This.

Yeah I know you can supposedly delete them but I've heard so many horror stories about problems with MS and credit cards I'm never doing it.[/QUOTE]

Those horror stories are from back when you couldn't delete them on xbox.com. This is a relatively new thing that was added this year.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Does anyone know if DEBIT, CHECK, PREPAID, GIFT cards can be used?

Does it have to be a "CREDIT" card?[/QUOTE]

?

[quote name='dh4645']still no 300 code.

i guess i'll be calling customer support today from work.
both my bosses arent here so it'll be a nice friday![/QUOTE]

I spoke with 4 people at MS and after being escalated 4 times, they took 20 minutes to "search" their database of promotions. When the finally found it, they said that since it is a promotion by "Visa" and technically not "MS" that I have to wait for visa to email me a code to redeem the 300 points. Now here comes the best part. The code will take 4 -6 weeks to be emailed to me.... I politely told the MS rep that the promotion doesn't say anything about taking that long and the MS rep "politely" told me that it is again a Visa promotion so if I don't get a email code by October 15, 2009 then feel free to call back and maybe they can help me. This is a freakin joke! Oh well, can't fight the power.... If anybody else called and got a different story, please post.

[quote name='intoxicated662']not actually misleading because nothing is ever FREE in this world with no work. if you got 300 ms points from the axe promotion, you'd have to print the coupon and drive over there to use it. well, this is similiar but you stay home and just purchase with ya credit card from the dashboard and they're free. even the schwan's free ice cream someone posted awhile back took some effort and I had to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive. so yeah, this isn't a bad deal like I stated and it's about convenience to some people plus you can remove ya credit card on xbox.com or call it in to get it taken off your account.[/QUOTE]

He's right, you must pay $25 to get the free 300 points. Therefor, they aren't free.

i'm not sure metalface, but you have to download the visa offer gamerpic first so it be safer and easier to just do it on the 360 dashboard. also, visa is responsible I think since they are doing the promotion and microsoft just gave them ms points codes. This is similiar to the axe promotion. I had a problem with it once and contacted ms and was told to contact axe and I did and axe fixed the problem.

I just go off the phone with Visa Corp. (800-847-2911). The rep I talked to was very polite, but clueless to the promotion.

I directed her to the xbox.com site page detailing the promotion and she relayed the info to her supervisor.

The supervisor confirmed that "almost" ANY card with a "Visa" log on it can be used for the promotion, including Credit, Debit, Check and "some" Prepaid Visa cards. Any card that authorizes its transactions through the Visa network.

"Some" Prepaid / Gift Visa cards do not actually go through the Visa approval network, but the supervisor could not clearly define which do and don't since there are so many variations. My advice would be to only use a Credit, Debit or Check card. Use a Prepaid / Gift Visa at own risk.

Saw an ad for this on the dashboard today and went for it since I already had a Visa tagged to my xbox. I'll take anything I can get especially since I know I'll spend them.

This, don't do it.

"Go" somewhere else to buy your MS points.

I've been checking almost every day for details on the dashboard but haven't seen it. I did see the McDonalds promotion/contest last night though.

1 week and no points yet. They should have stated when you would get the points and how you would get them. I guess no one else has had any luck yet.

[quote name='nightman1701']1 week and no points yet. They should have stated when you would get the points and how you would get them. I guess no one else has had any luck yet.[/QUOTE]
Page 2 says hi.

bread's done
Back