Xbox 360 Gearfest: Controllers $30-$40 and More at Amazon

[quote name='hcamacho']Well early in the morning I ordered 2 wired controllers...My experience with the wireless has been a hassle, and since my kids do the most playtime, and keep dropping them off...I 'd rather have those ones...For some reason the charging in the wireless controllers is a problem,so wired is ok.[/QUOTE]
Thats awesome that your avatar is so old school.

I'd buy the red controller for maybe $20, because I love gears and heard the red one has an improved d-pad. But these prices just seem average for a controller that has been around for 5 years with multiple skus. If it were true, the actual 360 hardware would be only worth 3 controllers...

Any 1 know where I can buy an Official M$ Battery Pak? I dont want no fuckn Play N' Charge. Black or White. Or they have them at stores, jus not online. Cuz i checked BB, Wal-Mart, Target, and NO DICE!

[quote name='i3oone']I'm looking right now and the prices have been jacked up.[/QUOTE]

good thing I ordered on Sunday, saved myself $5 on the red controller

[quote name='crunchewy']Yep, deal appears to be over. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
yea i decided to wait a day befor i ordered the controller at 29.99 now its up to 37.99 -.- still better then 49.99 though

Doesn't really make sense, because it says 40% off until May 1, then it says right next to it 24% off...

I was so looking forward to a $29.99 wireless controller. Your loss Amazon. :applause:

it says 40% off SELECT accessories. so, they arent bullshitting us, they are just taking us for fools haha. i cant believe they changed the sale price on the controllers, i was ready to pull the trigger on one!

[quote name='namehater']it says 40% off SELECT accessories. so, they arent bullshitting us, they are just taking us for fools haha. i cant believe they changed the sale price on the controllers, i was ready to pull the trigger on one![/QUOTE]

Me too. I wanted to get the $40 red controller for $19.99 with my bad company 2 credit, not $25. Oh well, the blue PS3 DS controller is 44 so I'll just pick that up instead.

Of the four wireless 360 controllers I have, two have a bumper that doesn't work and another one has a broken (literally *snapped*) right thumb stick. I was set to jump on two of these when the 360 bit it, so I went ahead and ordered the FFXIII bundle. I've got a little xbox graveyard going on over here...

[quote name='genfuyung']My left thumbstick on both my controllers is just constantly going forward. Really fucking annoying. Anyone know if some controllers are less prone to this? I have a white controller and a halo 3 console controller and they're both garbage.[/QUOTE]

My left thumbstick also runs forward and doesn't stop after I stop holding forward. Didn't even notice 'till I was playing MW2 and I kept moving forward while sniping. A quick little push down puts it back in neutral though.

My A button is fucked though since I always held it down in Gears. RB(or was it LB?) only registers the press down sometimes.

[quote name='namehater']it says 40% off SELECT accessories. so, they arent bullshitting us, they are just taking us for fools haha. i cant believe they changed the sale price on the controllers, i was ready to pull the trigger on one![/QUOTE]

They've now changed it to 25% off select accessories

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']My left thumbstick also runs forward and doesn't stop after I stop holding forward. Didn't even notice 'till I was playing MW2 and I kept moving forward while sniping. A quick little push down puts it back in neutral though.

My A button is fucked though since I always held it down in Gears. RB(or was it LB?) only registers the press down sometimes.[/QUOTE]
On the one hand it sucks that our controllers are now junk. On the other, its pretty cool that there are enough great games to cause that.

[quote name='sml_mndz']Any 1 know where I can buy an Official M$ Battery Pak? I dont want no fuckn Play N' Charge. Black or White. Or they have them at stores, jus not online. Cuz i checked BB, Wal-Mart, Target, and NO DICE![/QUOTE]

The Toys R Us around me seem to be the only stores that have standalone batteries. White and black at 11.99 each. If I were you, I would just purchase the black play n charge kit at amazon for 13.98.

Last edited by a moderator:
The prices for the wireless controllers have fallen back down today, the red & black wireless controllers with the play & charge are about $38, & the wireless black & white are about $32. I am so glad i waited for my bc2 credit because i was able to get red & black wireless controllers w/play & charge EACH + a new 12 month subscription to xb live for about $93 after my credit. Awesome deal, thanx OP!

wait were the controllers WITH Play N Charge at a lower price earlier (ie higher than $38.xx)? might order an elite/black one since I have credit

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']The white controllers I have work flawlessly while the red ones I have are prone to have weak battery packs or something because they never hold a charge for very long. Also the red ones are only sold in a pack with the battery pack outside of the one that came with the RE5 console. I would recommend any color over the red simply due to the faulty battery packs.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it's the battery packs themselves and not the charge cable that's supplied with them? Whenever I used the cable to recharge a battery pack it'd always take forever to fully charge it, and might be a case of it overcharging them? I'm not sure what happens, the battery packs alone might not be faulty though.

Wow...I ordered a wired white 360 controller Wednesday night and it was waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home today, even with free super saving shipping. Was totally not expecting it that fast...! :shock:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Wow...I ordered a wired white 360 controller Wednesday night and it was waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home today, even with free super saving shipping. Was totally not expecting it that fast...! :shock:[/QUOTE]

The normal shipping with amazon, is quite fast....I must say!

$26.54 shipped for a wireless controller is not bad at all. I may pick one up so I have 4 controllers in the house, especially since we've finally got a 4 player (local) game on the xbox (Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing).

EDIT: and I decided to bite. Thanks OP!

[quote name='crunchewy']$26.54 shipped for a wireless controller is not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

I bit (for two) at 29.54. Even though I'd have saved $6 (total) if I'd waited another day (stupid prime shipping speed), I'm still happy with the price I got. I haven't even opened them, but for the price, I really couldn't pass it up. I remember it jumping from $29.54 to $32.54 a few hours before I bought it. Then it dropped again. And again. It's current price is, essentially, 1/2 off MSRP, right?

This timing worked out perfectly, actually... I had just received about $40 for trading in two worn out white controllers at GS (during the +30% accessory deal).

I was a little scared at first since the black wirelress controller said it was $39 but if you change buyer to amazon its about ~$29. Really not a bad deal considering free shipping and currently BB is selling a wired controller for $6 more.

[quote name='rambo408']man, i need that wired controller to drop in price, for my pc[/QUOTE]

FYI, if you have a Target nearby, take a stroll down the 360 accessories section (Target Clearance Thread). Last week they dropped to $9.98. Unfortunately, I was too late and did not find any at the 2 stores I visited yesterday. Good luck :)

[quote name='htown01']FYI, if you have a Target nearby, take a stroll down the 360 accessories section (Target Clearance Thread). Last week they dropped to $9.98. Unfortunately, I was too late and did not find any at the 2 stores I visited yesterday. Good luck :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks

[quote name='Chucki Norris']Thanks! I've been waiting for a price drop to pick one up since mine always pulls to the left now.[/QUOTE]

Aw shit, Chuck Norris is here looking for a deal :lol:

When Chuck Norris plays Oregon Trail, his family does not die from cholera or dysentery, but rather roundhouse kicks to the face :)

bread's done
Back