Xbox 360 Gold Membership+Gift

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
Saw this just show up on the xbox 360 dashboard. pay for 4 months of xbl gold ($9.99/month) and get 12 months instead for the same price. That's 12-month gold for the price of 4-months! You also get a gift (it showed an xbl arcade game of Snoopy's Flying Ace) which will be sent to your email address within 6-8 weeks. at end of promotion it'll automaticlly renew so make sure u cancel it before then. limit 1 per person, not combinable with other offers.

12 months for 10 bucks? Maybe this is worth giving MS my CC info.
Even if you DO auto-renew at 60 bucks, its still 35 bucks a year for 2 years.

I wonder if there is another catch.

[quote name='jdawgg76']He said 9.99 a month for 4 months so that seems to be $40 not $10.[/QUOTE]

Yup I realized that, deleted my post but not quick enough...

I took advantage of this deal before I rolled it over to a family membership. It was going to cost me $60, but this made it $40 to upgrade. Also, if you are going to get a family account, make sure to use a free month code (or more) for any non-gold accounts. They add months to the family account.

Thanks OP!

I had already seen this and probably going to pull the trigger tonight.

Being that I just received an Xbox for Xmas I had the free 1 month. Then I signed up for the $1 month (that would autorenew, included Snoopy and Maw) and then a couple of days ago they had another $1 month that was different. So currently my subscription is covering me till April. LOL! I assume if I pick up this it will only tack on after the months already purchased expired, however if this supercedes my previous 2 $1 dollar months I won't be that butt hurt since this is still a really good deal.

I've got my account paid off until 2013 and the last redemption code I used was a 1 month, don't know how that goes into play in all this but i'm guessing that if your last subscription code was a 1 month you'll probably see the Ad for this then. $40 for 1 year of xbl gold+an arcade game isn't too shabby.

If you're already in a family account, but have a spare account, just make a new Live account, NOT already in your family account, take advantage of this deal with the new account, then add that account to your family account. You'll get 6 months of Family Gold for $40, plus the game (and it's a fun game!). Not too bad. However, I already have Snoopy, so I'll wait for another $30 deal before adding another 6 months to our Family Gold this way.

I hope that everyone who does any account renewals through the dashboard knows to call Microsoft and have them remove auto-renew, since agreeing to any renewal terms through the dashboard sets you to opt-in for auto-renewal. It's not on the Xbox website on removing auto-renewal, so you might want to be careful before you jump on a deal like this.

Wait so how does this work? You pay $40 up front or $9.99 spread out over four months?
I haven't seen that offer yet so I hope I get it soon.

$40 for this still seems a bit high. Unless your renewal is within the next 90 or so days, you would think another (eventual) retail sale or promotion would serve better than this. If Microsoft is slashing their own prices so significantly by 1/3, there is bound to be inflation elsewhere too, proven by Amazon's own 20% discount off retail.

Sidenote: Can you use MSFT Points to pay for this, or is it hard coded for credit card transactions only?

[quote name='danh920']so $40 for a year of gold and an arcade game, best deal I've seen since they hiked the cost[/QUOTE]

i have to say the best deal was 2 arcade games (The Maw And Snoopy Flying Ace) and 1Month of Gold for 1$ since the prices went up but it only worked and pop upd on Dashboard if you was on your Free 1Month Trial when u 1st sign up..

the one i was talking about was for last month not sure if they still have it.. im just waiting for my 2games to come which will take 6-8weeks

Are Snoopy and The Maw the only free gift xbla games? Don't really want The Maw and already have (& love) Snoopy Flying Ace so I'm hoping there's something else I might tempted to sign up for. I was going to click to see but was nervous Is end up accidently renewing. But I know that's unlikely since you have to confirm. Still ice had so pretty dismal experiences witn MS making me weary.

nothing to worry about really, ms is legit and just call right away or before your 12 months are up and take automatic renewal off or use a card that'll expire by then. also, it shows a picture of Snoopy's Flying Ace but doesn't necessarily mean that is the exact game you'll be getting. There has been no clarification on that yet but you could always trade/sell the game away or give it to someone as a gift as well. 12 months are going for about $35-$40 everywhere now so it's not a bad deal.

With the new price hike why don't they just start marketing it as . . .

"Amazing Offer!!! Get an ENTIRE YEAR of Xbox LIVE Gold membership for ONLY $59.99!!! That's right!!! You get a full year for the price of 6 months!!! That's like getting 6 months FREE!!!"

:whistle2:? :whistle2:k #-o

My dash shows the pic of snoopy flying ace, and only gold family pack is listed. It says buy a 12 month Gold Family Pack membership and get 1 month Free for only $99 plus applicable taxes. There is no option to select anything other than Gold family. Where are you seeing $40?

Lol, so basically it's different for everyone depending on how long you've been an xbox live member, and other account history details. Typical M$ bs. They need to take some cliff notes from Sony and Nintendo and offer it for free.

bread's done
Back