Xbox 360 HD DVD $160.00 W/6 HD-DVD's *Ends October 31*

XxSmityxX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hello fellow CAG's. This is my first post because I think I have found an Great deal. Here it is.... XBOX 360 HD-DVD player with 6 HD movies for around $160 bucks!!! THIS ENDS OCTOBER 31!

First print this coupon from simpsonps121 Thread it's the $40 off $200 coupon!
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142440

Next go to Circuit City and purchase The 360 HD-DVD player for $179 and buy 1 HD-DVD that should put you at the $200 mark!

Then use the $40 coupon and that should put you around $160-$165

Ok you got the 360 HD-DVD player and 1 HD-DVD now your wondering how you get the other 5?

Go to this link it will take you to the XBOX 360 HD-DVD player!
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=166160

Now if you look to left of the price on the page you will see a link for 5 free HD movies it's a mail in offer but basically you'll have 6 HD-DVD's and the player for $160!!!!!

[quote name='XxSmityxX']actually it wouldn't be $180 it would be $194 after taxes!![/QUOTE]

Well, you would pay the same % tax on the $160 CC deal too.

the bestbuy deal is crazy

those two free hd dvd can be boxsets

walk out of bb with hd dvd drive including king kong, planet earth, ultimate matrix, heroes, + 5 hd dvd movie by mir for $180 + tax

can't beat that

[quote name='supaet']the bestbuy deal is crazy

those two free hd dvd can be boxsets

walk out of bb with hd dvd drive including king kong, planet earth, ultimate matrix, heroes, + 5 hd dvd movie by mir for $180 + tax

can't beat that[/QUOTE]
Holy crap! Are you serious? That pays for itself immediately. I had no plans on getting an HD-DVD player ever, but if you're right...

I don't think the any two hd-dvd offer applies to the 360 addon, or any player right now. I got that offer when I got my A30 a few weeks ago and it only applied to that player. Currently they have a simular offer this week but it only applies to a specific blu-ray player. I could be wrong on this, but asides from there Heroes set and the mail-in rebate I don't beleive there's any additional offers on the 360 addon. At least this week.

it was a mistake in the ad as to why it didnt mention it...check the HD thread to see the details...

i just got back from getting 2 addon drives with 2 Heroes, both Sopranos parts, Planet Earth, and Ultimate Matrix for a total of $388.xx

[quote name='atomicfox']Also the 2 free dvd offer did not apply to sets.[/QUOTE]
You are wrong on it not applying to the 360 add on... there is a file on the first post in the hd-dvd thread that spells it out as being good towards 360 add on, and this is an internal BB newletter

amd about the box sets, although that is a glitch in the deal... I was glad to snag the add on, Heroes, Planet Earth, Sopranos S6P2, and the 5 free mail in hd-dvds for just under 200, plan on selling the add on since I have a stand alone, and sell Heroes since I have it too, if I can get about 150-160 for those I will be happy... I would have paid around 50 just to get Sopranos eventually anyway by itself

and op... if you did what you said to do, you would get SEVEN discs with the included Hulk that comes with the player

and op YOU forgot to mention taxes with your "deal" as well...

[quote name='atomicfox']Also the 2 free dvd offer did not apply to sets.[/QUOTE]
It's you against a whole thread of people saying otherwise. Here's my reciept from yesterday:
hdddvddeal.png

According to a thread on IGN a manager at Best Buy said that they'll be fixing the box set issue tomorrow (Sat).

[quote name='grap3fruitman']

According to a thread on IGN a manager at Best Buy said that they'll be fixing the box set issue tomorrow (Sat).[/quote]
Explain 'fixing'? Is it or is it not supposed to allow box sets?

[quote name='wdwpsu']Explain 'fixing'? Is it or is it not supposed to allow box sets?[/QUOTE]

It's a glitch. The 2 free HD-DVDs are for titles $34.99 and under, supposedly. However, your best bet is to head out now because the glitch still works automatically. Go go go!

just picked mine up not 15 minutes ago...got the player, hereos, planet earth, and smallville and even used a RZ $5 coupon - total = 183.55. Love me some Best Buy!!!!

some how bb coupon doesn't work on hd dvd player other wise the bb deal is even sweeter, but cc does. still 160 with just six hddvds is not as good as 190 with three boxsets and five hddvds.

This is the best deal of the year, this easily ='s free

I'm going to ebay the heroes and the matrix, should easily net 100+ and most likely ebay 2-3 of the other free/rebate disks. Which means I get to keep planet earth and 2 of the free dvd's + Kong Kong.

It took some effort however as my BB was out of 360 HD-DVD players and Heroes. So here's how I did it.

Asked for rain checks for both the dvd player and heroes.
Then took my 2 dvd's I chose (Matrix and Blue Planet) to checkout. Asked the clerk to scan the dvd's in my hand then asked him to manually enter the missing pieces (player and Heroes). He also scanned the raincheck forms, final checkout price was 179 + tax. So I will go back next week to pick those items up.

This is an amazing deal.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']It's you against a whole thread of people saying otherwise. Here's my reciept from yesterday:
hdddvddeal.png

According to a thread on IGN a manager at Best Buy said that they'll be fixing the box set issue tomorrow (Sat).[/QUOTE]
wow, thats a STEAL lol.

This extra 2 HDDVD deal at Best Buy is very YMMV. My BB here in Madison, WI has flat out refused the deal, and placed a page stating that was a printing error in the add on the 360 addons (only 1 left anyway). Good luck finding the better deal, wish I could have gotten in on it.

if you get a raincheck, will the 2 free hddvd offer still apply, or will you have to get them today for it to still work? All i really care for is heroes, not sure if i should spend all teh extra cash or just get the regular dvd version for $40.

Everyone, Best Buy CANNOT refuse the 2 free HD-DVD deal. Corporate sent out an email telling the manager to honor this deal, it is not up to the managers, they HAVE to accept it. They do not have to accept the boxset thing though, cause the 2 free ones are supposed to be $35 or less.

If your manager refuses, ask to see the Retail Insider, if they refuse again, call the Best Buy number and speak to a customer rep, they will then talk to the manager. I did this and the manager apologized and gave me my movies (took 3 trips though).

[quote name='dhs odium']Everyone, Best Buy CANNOT refuse the 2 free HD-DVD deal. Corporate sent out an email telling the manager to honor this deal, it is not up to the managers, they HAVE to accept it. They do not have to accept the boxset thing though, cause the 2 free ones are supposed to be $35 or less.

If your manager refuses, ask to see the Retail Insider, if they refuse again, call the Best Buy number and speak to a customer rep, they will then talk to the manager. I did this and the manager apologized and gave me my movies (took 3 trips though).[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right, I had no problems with my Sopranos and Planet earth boxsets... cashier didnt even bat an eye when the total went from around 500 to 200 when the total was hit

yusuk3... according to your experience, YOUR treatment was very YMMV, as it seems like most everyone has had little trouble getting in on the fun...

I got the 2 free DVDs. No boxset though. The store didnt even know about it, the DVDs didnt deduct automatically and they didnt have Heroes when I got it. I was there for 1 hour trying to convince them. I was able to go back to store and get the Heroes DVD when they got it in stock again.

bread's done
Back