Xbox 360 HD-DVD players - long shot, I know

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So here's my story - I was at a point in my life that I had come to terms with me NEVER getting an HDTV. Too many things going on, too expensive, etc.

My wife surprised me with one a week or so ago and I was shocked, to say the least.

Specifically because I neglected to pick up an HD-DVD player for the 360 when it was on the cheap :bomb:

I'm trying to find one now, and although 50 bucks is still cheap, I'm wondering if there's any chance to find one CHEAPER? Specially seeing as this is cheapassgamer.com ;)

Worst case, I pick up the player from FS, get a movie I couldn't really give to squats about and a remote (that I wanted to get ANYWAY) - but if I can get it cheaper? Bonus!

Thanks so much for all the help,

I havent had much luck. I might if i had a UPC to give them, but those I have called haven't been helpful

If anyone sees one in the lower mainland, iwill pay a finder's fee!!! :)

In other words, HELP!

Someone give this guy that UPC website, seen it mentioned ton's of times but cant freaking remember it, but I'd suggest Craig's/Ebay or your local pawn shop...the Remote is OK at the most, main concern imo is the software it come's with...

thanks man! I tried craigslist, but the only one is 40

I want the remote specifically so that I can use and have it not interfere with my media center, which picks up my current remote :(

Can't I get the software elsewhere for free?

I don't know where you live but I managed to pickup one this week at my local Walmart (Québec)
they had plenty left

What's your location?
I found mine at Block Buster for $20 you might want to call around your area to see if they have any left.

[quote name='andsoitgoes']thanks man! I tried craigslist, but the only one is 40

I want the remote specifically so that I can use and have it not interfere with my media center, which picks up my current remote :(

Can't I get the software elsewhere for free?[/quote]

If you are interested in buying just the remote, dealextreme has a third party remote here:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.608

I have a used one for sale for $30. Comes with everything. I'm trying to get rid of my hd-dvd player and some movies. PM me if you are interested. Are you also looking for movies? I want to try to get rid of those before I get rid of the player. Let me know. Thanks.

I actually found one of these at wal*mart yesterday.
I have been looking and asking at every store like zellers and crap and i can never find one. Been to all the wal*marts many times and have never seen one for a while.
Yesterday i see one sitting in the case, got the guy to scan it and walked out with it for 19.93 or 21.93 with tax.
If i find any more i will be sure to buy them incase someone else wants one. they are pretty and the remote is so pimp. if only i could get it to work with my tvs...
northofamerica

Well, I was lucky enough to get the player, which reminded me how crappy I remember King Kong to be.

Sigh.

Now if only there were places LOCALLY to get good, cheap HD movies. I hate the mail order wait :(

lol seems like wal~mart hiddening all the hd players cause the other day i just randomly walked in to wal~mart n seen one on display n picked it up 4 20bucks aswell!!!!

[quote name='andsoitgoes']Well, I was lucky enough to get the player, which reminded me how crappy I remember King Kong to be.

Sigh.

Now if only there were places LOCALLY to get good, cheap HD movies. I hate the mail order wait :([/quote]Go get Planet Earth at Future Shop for $25. Seriously. Best price on it.

Go to Gamecrazy. They have them for $20. And if they don't have one, tell them to ship one in from another store for $6.

EDIT: Didn't realize this was in the Canada forum. Maybe the deal still applies, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back