Xbox 360 Headset (White) $7.48 Amazon

wow, who gave 1 star? this is pretty good price consider it's $6 less than the so called new version, which looks like just different color.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']You can get one free if you just call Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Details? Never heard that before.

If I can get a free headset, I'd like to know how. Would like to do that. Details, please? And why would they give them to you free?

Just call them and tell them your headset broke (as it commonly does)...as long as you're an existing LIVE gold subscriber you should be solid. Obviously, it isn't something you want to abuse illegitimately.

This will work unless they have changed their policy in the past few months.

[quote name='nddave']So like Lie?
Ill pay the 7.50[/QUOTE]

Nope. If your headset broke - call them and tell them. Don't buy a new one. If you lost it - try calling too...who knows. Maybe they will give it to you. No lying needed. It's not like it is a $50 part.

Didn't you get a headset with your 360?

It is not free. First you need to ship your headset to them (with your own money) and then they will ship a new one to you.

[quote name='T R U 7 H X']It is not free. First you need to ship your headset to them (with your own money) and then they will ship a new one to you.[/QUOTE]

Ha. OK...$1.

Correct me, but why would I want to hear idiots I play with constantly talking about anything but the game we're competing against online? It's almost the equivalent of encouraging everyone at a movie to turn their cell phones on when it starts.

I've never had a single good experience using a microphone/headset playing online, and I don't think I ever will. While the concept makes sense, idiot gamers ruin it for the rest of us. Even if I had a headset, I'd just end up muting it, so there's no point in me spending even 1 cent on one. In fact, I bought my Xbox 360 Slim 6 plus months ago, yet still have not used the free headset included with it.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Correct me, but why would I want to hear idiots I play with constantly talking about anything but the game we're competing against online? It's almost the equivalent of encouraging everyone at a movie to turn their cell phones on when it starts.

I've never had a single good experience using a microphone/headset playing online, and I don't think I ever will. While the concept makes sense, idiot gamers ruin it for the rest of us. Even if I had a headset, I'd just end up muting it, so there's no point in me spending even 1 cent on one. In fact, I bought my Xbox 360 Slim 6 plus months ago, yet still have not used the free headset included with it.[/QUOTE]

You sound.... anti-social.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Correct me, but why would I want to hear idiots I play with constantly talking about anything but the game we're competing against online? It's almost the equivalent of encouraging everyone at a movie to turn their cell phones on when it starts.

I've never had a single good experience using a microphone/headset playing online, and I don't think I ever will. While the concept makes sense, idiot gamers ruin it for the rest of us. Even if I had a headset, I'd just end up muting it, so there's no point in me spending even 1 cent on one. In fact, I bought my Xbox 360 Slim 6 plus months ago, yet still have not used the free headset included with it.[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of xbox live party chat? You can't hear anyone outside of your party,and you can choose who gets in your party. People mainly buy mic/headsets to chat with their friends, not with random idiots.

I'm guessing it was changed due to the chat pad but I liked the headset better when the mic on/off switch was by the controller. I gave my old 360 that red ringed and was fixed with the 8 penny trick to a friend. When I did I gave them all the stuff that came with it when I got it and that mic was one of them. I would rather have that type than any other type out there.

[quote name='Nighty']Ever heard of xbox live party chat? You can't hear anyone outside of your party,and you can choose who gets in your party. People mainly buy mic/headsets to chat with their friends, not with random idiots.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes your friends aren't online and you want to play some Deathmatch or something like that. I have to agree with the poster, I don't bother using the headset when I play online with non friends. Maybe it's cause I'm a bit older and didn't grow up within the current generation of gamers and that might have something to do with it. But if I hear one more "You feel me Dawg" "Know what I'm sayin Dawg" or "Your mom sucks moosecock" I'm gonna scream, that is why I don't even wear the headset anymore when playing with non friends and mute everyone on top of that!

[quote name='scorpers']Sometimes your friends aren't online and you want to play some Deathmatch or something like that. I have to agree with the poster, I don't bother using the headset when I play online with non friends. Maybe it's cause I'm a bit older and didn't grow up within the current generation of gamers and that might have something to do with it. But if I hear one more "You feel me Dawg" "Know what I'm sayin Dawg" or "Your mom sucks moosecock" I'm gonna scream, that is why I don't even wear the headset anymore when playing with non friends and mute everyone on top of that![/QUOTE]

LMAO thanks for the laugh today. I, too, hate little kids on XBOX Live.

All I read was "wah wah wah," can anyone translate this for me?

[quote name='scorpers']Sometimes your friends aren't online and you want to play some Deathmatch or something like that. I have to agree with the poster, I don't bother using the headset when I play online with non friends. Maybe it's cause I'm a bit older and didn't grow up within the current generation of gamers and that might have something to do with it. But if I hear one more "You feel me Dawg" "Know what I'm sayin Dawg" or "Your mom sucks moosecock" I'm gonna scream, that is why I don't even wear the headset anymore when playing with non friends and mute everyone on top of that![/QUOTE]
I feel yo dawg.

[quote name='joshtd']I feel yo dawg.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rayne117']All I read was "wah wah wah," can anyone translate this for me?[/QUOTE]

"Your mom sucks moosecock" :lol:

Case closed! :applause:

if people are talking to me at my house and I am on xbox live I make a point to raise the mic up so they don't hear me talking to others as much. I really don't need to hear side conversations with people so I try to show that same respect. It doesn't come back to me though lol.

[quote name='Kerig']Or you can buy one for $10 from Amazon that won't break and sounds/works great:

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Gamecom-X10-Xbox-360/dp/B000F1WDHW/ref=dp_cp_ob_vg_title_0

I'm not sure what's going on with the color, it used to only show the black/green model. I suppose either would be good.[/QUOTE]

I don't care for the dangling volume control and single mini input on this model and the new Microsoft models. Kind of awkward, at least for me. One of the things I really like about the old style headsets is that I can control the volume and/or mute without having to be distracted from the game.

bread's done
Back