Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle $199.99 back in stock at bestbuy.com -- hurry the F*&@%$^ up!

dEvAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
if i post on the main besbuy thread this info is gonna get buried under comments so for those interested hurry up

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Xbox+360+250GB+Holiday+Bundle+with+Fable+III+and+Halo%3A+Reach/1069212.p?id=1218216740587&skuId=1069212&st=Thanksgiving_Day_Sale_Video_Games_Toys&cp=1&lp=2

at my store, West Paterson, nj, there were a shit load of this consoles to pick up at the deal price so maybe they restocked all locations? if i knew that i would have saved the 1 hour pick line time o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Search eBay for "360 S hard drive shell" or something along those lines. They're around for $5 or so bucks. There are some with plastic fasteners (cheaper) and ones with metal (slightly more).

OH well, I ordered it...haha. I put it on my BBY CC, I have 8 days to decide if I want to pick it up (maybe give me 8 days to sell my Elite).

[quote name='doubledown']OH well, I ordered it...haha. I put it on my BBY CC, I have 8 days to decide if I want to pick it up (maybe give me 8 days to sell my Elite).[/QUOTE]

Ha. As did I. Not really sure why. I hope it's a bit quieter like I hear. Hope my Elite sells for a decent price. Also, did they change license transfer to 6 months from a year?
Oops. Forgot I need to get a transfer cable. I have my old one but it's a one time use thing, right?

[quote name='darrenaero']Ha. As did I. Not really sure why. I hope it's a bit quieter like I hear. Hope my Elite sells for a decent price. Also, did they change license transfer to 6 months from a year?
Oops. Forgot I need to get a transfer cable. I have my old one but it's a one time use thing, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope the transfer cable canbe used as much as you need to. Just got done using mine for the 3rd time plus the software used to transfer is now on the system itself so no more install disk is needed.

Yeah, they had this earlier today. They advertise it has free shipping but you can't order it online, only order for a store pickup. All the stores within a 100 mile radius of me are sold out.

Bought this earlier because fuck amazon - Got to store and they were trying to pass off regular 360's as bundle 360's.

Of course I filed a complaint against that store

I just got the email saying it is out of stock at the location I was going to pick it up at. Since it says it will be cancelled automatically in 8 days if I don't call them... Does anyone know if I'll be able to just wait until later in the week to call when stores start getting them back in stock (hopefully) and still get the deal? I would assume so but I've had mixed dealings with Best Buy.

shit guys i was gonna leave this opened just for an hour but since the deal is still live fuck it, also after i created the topic i went to bestbuy to pick up my order and boy that store was like a concentration field, 1 hour in the pick up line! for those in the fence i had a 360 already and was hesitant on upgrading but i went to a friend house and i he had the new console and just the looks of the console are beautiful, you can barely hear it, and well....the price... hard to resist

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Good for those who missed out on all the deals. FYI Amazon will have this bundle as a lightning deal on Cyber Monday.[/QUOTE]
i was gonna wait on the amazon deal but you see, those deals are like a lottery, you click the add to cart button and you could be on the claimed list or the number 500 on the waiting list, the taxes for this aren't bad, 14 bucks so i rather have it for sure then for the sake of saving 14 dollars being left out in the cold without nothing

Probably claimed the last one of these in NJ. Called ahead to make sure and they said they have more available (even though the website says sold out). May have saved $10 waiting for a lightning deal, but had RZ certificates - I don't think the deals would get TOO much better than this.

Just picked mine up, the lady at BB last night did in fact put my name on it, which is lucky because I certainly didn't see any more.

I picked mine up today. I sold my old one an Amazon for $169.99....amazing.

There was probably 15 Holiday bundles behind the counter....if not more.

So I saw this thread last night, and ordered it with in-store pickup. Got the confirmation about 90 mins later, so I figured I was set.

I go to pick it up today, and they can't find it anywhere. Spent 20 mins waiting. Seems that Best Buy corporate saw the store had the bundle in stock when it actually wasn't, and confirmed it for the store without store intervention.

Then after a moment, the CSR decided she would construct the bundle from the components and charge me the $200 for everything like I was supposed to be.

So I waited another 20 mins for them to find the last 250gb Xbox in the back, find Fable 3, find Halo Reach, and find a 3-month Live card. Only problem is, all the Live cards were sold out except for 12-month ones. So she said she'd give me the longer card because of the trouble. I said that would be acceptable, and paid $213.99 out the door!

[quote name='ubdu']So I saw this thread last night, and ordered it with in-store pickup. Got the confirmation about 90 mins later, so I figured I was set.

I go to pick it up today, and they can't find it anywhere. Spent 20 mins waiting. Seems that Best Buy corporate saw the store had the bundle in stock when it actually wasn't, and confirmed it for the store without store intervention.

Then after a moment, the CSR decided she would construct the bundle from the components and charge me the $200 for everything like I was supposed to be.

So I waited another 20 mins for them to find the last 250gb Xbox in the back, find Fable 3, find Halo Reach, and find a 3-month Live card. Only problem is, all the Live cards were sold out except for 12-month ones. So she said she'd give me the longer card because of the trouble. I said that would be acceptable, and paid $213.99 out the door![/QUOTE]

Very nice also considering Halo was just DLC

[quote name='ubdu']So I saw this thread last night, and ordered it with in-store pickup. Got the confirmation about 90 mins later, so I figured I was set.

So I waited another 20 mins for them to find the last 250gb Xbox in the back, find Fable 3, find Halo Reach, and find a 3-month Live card. Only problem is, all the Live cards were sold out except for 12-month ones. So she said she'd give me the longer card because of the trouble. I said that would be acceptable, and paid $213.99 out the door![/QUOTE]

Awesome! I'm Impressed... my experiences with BestBuy and customer service are all negative.

AMAAAZING!!! :D:applause: She deserves ANY & ALL recognition you can give her! Was there a customer service survey? Maybe, call someone if you remember her name or if it's on the receipt? :bouncy:

Whether this kind of customer service 'SHOULD' be expected or not, it's SUPER-RARE and deserves to be recognized!!!!!!!! :D:applause::applause:

CONGRATS! :D

picked mine up this morning at houston gulfgate... they had like 30+ reserved

WOW... i got lucky. ordered it at a bestbuy closer to my house. then RIGHT BEFORE i went to bed i decided to order from another store JUST IN CASE
received my confirmation from the 2nd store at 7am... no word on the 1st store so i went to pick it up
they sent me a email 1 hour ago telling it its not available at the 1st store:applause:

It appears that even those who ordered online last night are being cancelled as a friend of mine got an email saying they are sold out and unable to fulfill the order and wont be refunding her for at least 8 days.

[quote name='jr8rulz']It appears that even those who ordered online last night are being cancelled as a friend of mine got an email saying they are sold out and unable to fulfill the order and wont be refunding her for at least 8 days.[/QUOTE]

she can still get the xbox... i dont think they actually charge till u pick it up
this is the email i got

Dear XXXX:

We're sorry, but the item you ordered is not available for pickup at the PASADENA TX Best Buy store #357.

If you still want this product, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to check product availability at a different store or warehouse, or to have the item shipped via free standard shipping. Please contact us within 8 days to choose one of these options. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

If you no longer want this product, you do not need to take any action. we will cancel this order in 8 days and your credit card will not be charged. If you paid with PayPal, your PayPal account will be credited. If you used a Gift Card, your card will be credited. If you used a Reward Certificate, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone program account within 3-5 days.

Item details are listed below.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

[quote name='sky03']she can still get the xbox
this is the email i got

Dear XXXX:

We're sorry, but the item you ordered is not available for pickup at the PASADENA TX Best Buy store #357.

If you still want this product, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to check product availability at a different store or warehouse, or to have the item shipped via free standard shipping. Please contact us within 8 days to choose one of these options. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

If you no longer want this product, you do not need to take any action. we will cancel this order in 8 days and your credit card will not be charged. If you paid with PayPal, your PayPal account will be credited. If you used a Gift Card, your card will be credited. If you used a Reward Certificate, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone program account within 3-5 days.

Item details are listed below.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service[/QUOTE]

Well, I got the same e-mail and called the toll-free number this morning and I couldn't get through for almost a half hour. Maybe I will try to call them again a little later.

[quote name='jooanyenna']Well, I got the same e-mail and called the toll-free number this morning and I couldn't get through for almost a half hour. Maybe I will try to call them again a little later.[/QUOTE]

Go to bb.com and cancel the order within the order status page. Click the order, click the item hit cancel item. Choose "item no longer available"

[quote name='mgford11']Go to bb.com and cancel the order within the order status page. Click the order, click the item hit cancel item. Choose "item no longer available"[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't want to cancel the order. I just want to know if I can pick it up at a different location or have them ship it to me for free as they stated in the e-mail.

I received the same email and called 1-888-BESTBUY SEVERAL times this morning. What a clusterfuck. They won't ship you one, but if there are any other stores that have them in stock, they'll transfer the order to that store. Just make sure you have them CALL the store and confirm it's in stock. Their system doesn't display an accurate inventory. Request that they physically lay hands on it and set it aside. Otherwise they'll transfer your order to the new store and you'll receive the same "Item not found at store" email and be back at square one.

I just picked up my bundle and there was no Halo Reach download voucher and no 3 month xbox live card. Were these items supposed to be physically included in the package or are they installed on the hard drive? The bundle did include a physical copy of Fable 3 so I'm inclined to think the former but I was hoping anybody who got theirs could help me out.

They are inserts into the package with a scratch portion which reveals the download code.

They were wiped out in the Warwick store and then next closest store with stock available was quite a ways away so I took a chance and drove to the next closet store in North Attleboro and looky there, they had about twenty of them stcked up in the gaming department. HOOT!

[quote name='karatebear']I just picked up my bundle and there was no Halo Reach download voucher and no 3 month xbox live card. Were these items supposed to be physically included in the package or are they installed on the hard drive? The bundle did include a physical copy of Fable 3 so I'm inclined to think the former but I was hoping anybody who got theirs could help me out.[/QUOTE]
just go back to the store with the console and tell them, is the least you can do, is gonna be a pain in the arse just because they will think you're making it up, just be patient and work it out, aggressive costumers usually get the axe if you ask me

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Good for those who missed out on all the deals. FYI Amazon will have this bundle as a lightning deal on Cyber Monday.[/QUOTE]

How do you know this?

Yep, everything was in mine....currently transferring my old HDD to this. I had to buy the $20 360 transfer cable since I wanted instant gratification. At least I got triple point on the cable. I asked if they would do it for the 360, they said NOPE, since I ordered it online....oh well.

The new console is super quiet....love it thus far, although, I haven't done anything with it.....going to take a few hours I think to transfer

Picked up my 360 this morning at best buy. Had to wait a while at the counter because they couldn't find my box with my name on it for whatever reason. The email I printed even said it was ready for pick up. After about 10 minutes of clogging up the in store pickup line, they finally went to the back and picked me up a xbox. Gave it to my lil bro for a present :)

[quote name='DeathDream']Picked up my 360 this morning at best buy. Had to wait a while at the counter because they couldn't find my box with my name on it for whatever reason. The email I printed even said it was ready for pick up. After about 10 minutes of clogging up the in store pickup line, they finally went to the back and picked me up a xbox. Gave it to my lil bro for a present :)[/QUOTE]

Nice, you're a good big bro. I got myself an 360...my lil bro bought himself a PS3 =D

[quote name='Dukey77777']If the download voucher isn't in the package, then the package has been opened and tampered with.[/QUOTE]

Not really true...well...sort of..but with Microsoft's blessing.

If you take a look at either of the Holiday Bundle's boxes (same thing with year's past), you'll see there are two different styles. One that has the games that are included printed right on the graphic outside the box, and the other has a sticker that says "games included", also this year that second one will also have a sticker in the corner saying "3 Month Xbox Live Gold included". The ones with the stickers originally did not have the games included. There is a Microsoft rep that goes around to all the stores (Target, Wal-mart, Best Buy, Radioshack, etc) adds the games, and places the stickers on the box. So if you are missing something, and the box has the stickers on it, a rep probably missed putting all the goodies in the box.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Sweet!

Is this signs that the console will be getting a price drop, after the
holiday season?[/QUOTE]

I'd better sell my old 360 soon if that's the case!

bread's done
Back