Xbox 360 Hori Fighting Stick EX2 39.99 at EB/GS B&M

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
They're clearing out remaining stock at 39.99. The below link will search for local stock for you - just replace the last XXXXX with your ZIP code.

http://www.gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=50&sku=802191&zip=XXXXX

EDIT: Actually, it looks like Cheapie's affiliate link is screwing with the locator link. Hmmm.. if it doesn't work for you, copy/paste the below link and remove the space from between "game" and "stop":

http://www.game stop.com/productavail.asp?miles=50&sku=802191&zip=XXXXX

It's exactly as you said, preference.

I personally like square gates, that's just me.

if you notice when you move the stick around, it's gate is a square. If you have the restrictor plate it will be an octagon... Some people prefer that I guess..

I finally played with the Hori stick today. I played a couple of games to test things out. I tried TMNT, Street Fighter II, Pac Man, and Virtua Fighter 5. Games played fine, as far as I could tell.

I don't understand the point of the black plastic ring at the base of the stick. You can lift it up. I also don't understand why you can pull the stick up vertically. And the ball is twistable. It just seems like the whole stick construction feel odd and maybe even flimsy. I'm not sure if I like the button layout. I don't see why the bumpers couldn't be part of the large buttons.

I might mod this one sometime (sometime being when the stick wears out). Doesn't seem that durable. I'm not unsatisfied with my purchase, but I'm not actually satisfied either.

i hate the button layout. it's so retarded. why is the buttons facing inwards? shouldn't they be facing outwards?? i'm not playing cross handed...so i have no clue why hori keeps releasing their joysticks with this layout. i wish it was like the old school street fighter cabinets. 3 on top left to right in a line and the bottom three parallel to the top. this convex inward button layout makes it very difficult for me to play any fighting game.

[quote name='imacgod']
I don't understand the point of the black plastic ring at the base of the stick. You can lift it up. I also don't understand why you can pull the stick up vertically. And the ball is twistable. It just seems like the whole stick construction feel odd and maybe even flimsy. I'm not sure if I like the button layout. I don't see why the bumpers couldn't be part of the large buttons.
[/QUOTE]

Dude, you write like you've never handled a joystick before in your life. The black plastic ring is to prevent things from falling inside of the stick. It moves as the stick moves, so nothing can ever really get in there. You're not supposed to lift it up. Absolutely every genuine arcade stick and most home sticks have a plastic dust cover.

As for the balltop, all Japanese arcade sticks are like that. It doesn't impact performance for 99.9% of players.

Finally, the 6 button layout is preferred by the great majority of fighting game fans. That is mostly because no arcade fighting games use more than 6 buttons. What game are you playing that needs the bumpers to be quickly accessible in addition to the other 6 buttons?

Leehom, the button layout is curved like that to match the shape of your fingers. It's a traditional Japanese layout. Only American sticks use straight horizontal button layouts. You can mod a Street Fighter Arcade Stick to work with the Xbox 360 if you really must have the American layout.

lol at the posts in this thread... you tell em' eastx!

Also the Hori stick is VERY durable... Hori makes quality sticks... even their low end models such as these.

[quote name='eastx']Dude, you write like you've never handled a joystick before in your life. The black plastic ring is to prevent things from falling inside of the stick. It moves as the stick moves, so nothing can ever really get in there. You're not supposed to lift it up. Absolutely every genuine arcade stick and most home sticks have a plastic dust cover.

As for the balltop, all Japanese arcade sticks are like that. It doesn't impact performance for 99.9% of players.

Finally, the 6 button layout is preferred by the great majority of fighting game fans. That is mostly because no arcade fighting games use more than 6 buttons. What game are you playing that needs the bumpers to be quickly accessible in addition to the other 6 buttons?

Leehom, the button layout is curved like that to match the shape of your fingers. It's a traditional Japanese layout. Only American sticks use straight horizontal button layouts. You can mod a Street Fighter Arcade Stick to work with the Xbox 360 if you really must have the American layout.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

You could say that... The last arcade stick I personally owned was the Nintendo Advantage back in the day. And since I was like 5 years old, I don't really remember too much of the build quality on that. It's difficult to find arcades around, so I haven't played an arcade game in a while. The last one I can remember is Virtua On, but that had its special twin sticks.

I don't mind the 6 button layout, but for a game like VF5, you have those bumpers to assign extra moves to, so it'd be handy if those were part of the main buttons. Looking at the PS2 sticks, most of them do have 8 buttons.

I do trust Hori since I have plenty of accessories from them, but being a newb when it comes to arcade sticks, apparently I was concerned about nothing. :)

[quote name='imacgod']I don't mind the 6 button layout, but for a game like VF5, you have those bumpers to assign extra moves to, so it'd be handy if those were part of the main buttons. Looking at the PS2 sticks, most of them do have 8 buttons.[/QUOTE]

VF5 uses three buttons. That gives you 3 more buttons for you to map with what ever you want. I'm curious, what would you map beyond the 3?

Just bought 2 Hori Sticks yesterday. One for the 360 and the other for PS3. The sticks aren't bad, a little clunky and big, but not bad. Thx CAG.

[quote name='mrjelloman']I picked one up last week, have to go back and get another (hopefully they are still there). Works great with DoA4, Galaga, Thunderheart Excelia, and other classic Live Arcade games.

On a side note, I was also able to get it to work on my PC to use with MAME and other emulators. It works like a charm! Here's the guide I followed:

http://www.theworldismeh.com/2007/0...ox-360-fighting-stick-ex2-for-use-in-windows/

Make sure to download and use the profile he links, as the trigger buttons are defaulted to analog, but they are considered digital on the joystick. After this, I was able to use the stick in MAME without issues. Just wanted to share the info![/quote]

Ok I just saw this thread bumped and it inspired me to break my newly bought 360 stick on the computer finally. Went to the link i'd bookmarked from above post and it's dead.... Anyone save the profile the Jello mentioned?

Gonna try to find something for it now haven't even tried plugging it in yet to see what happens. :D

EDIT:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=141775
gonna try this one in a bit^

http://www.rllmukforum.com/lofiversion/index.php?t176433.html

[quote name='Mr.Bojangles']Did anyone find one at their local stores even though they don't show it online(using that link in the OP)?[/QUOTE]

Actually no, I used that link, and it was accurate to the "T". The GS stores that had them were few and luckily all those GS's I visited had only 1 Hori Stick per store. If you're looking for one, even though the online tracker says "Out of Stock" than you're SOL

Has anyone been able to find the pages for these sticks with the new EB/GS website? I managed to track down one, but I was hoping to grab a second PS3 stick.

[quote name='H-Town Info']any PC drivers for the Hori FS3 for Ps3 to make it work?[/QUOTE]

It works by default on some computers but not on others. No one has been able to isolate the reason for this. If it doesn't work on your computer now, it probably never will.

My theory is that the FS3 works on computers with nForce chipsets (which lines up with the AMD processor theory). Both of my friends got it working on their computers instantly and they both use similar boards. Both of them are running Windows XP. Weirdest compatibility issue ever.

Any success stories with similar/completely different hardware?

[quote name='evilpotatoguy']My theory is that the FS3 works on computers with nForce chipsets (which lines up with the AMD processor theory). Both of my friends got it working on their computers instantly and they both use similar boards. Both of them are running Windows XP. Weirdest compatibility issue ever.

Any success stories with similar/completely different hardware?[/quote]

To throw in another theory that's way out there, maybe computers with nForce chipsets work because they are produced by nVidia who also produces the GPU for the PS3. :lol:

The logic worked in my head...

Happened to walk into my local GS and managed to pick one up today. A little surprised as I haven't seen the stick available anywhere else.

I checked this out a while back and saw what stores had them in stock. I had no use for it in my mind back then and I didnt have much money. But with the new Super Street Fighter II coming to the XBLA soon as well as other games, I really want one. I cant get the locater webpage to work it says its not found on their site, anyone have any ideas?

*sorry for bringing back an old thread that seemed to die out but I really want to get a hold of one of these sticks!

Here you go:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=42265

Alternatively, just type in a generic search for Virtua Fighter. When the results come back, click on the 'Show Backordered items...' red button. The results should then show all items, including the out of stock stick.

I just purchased my second, after looking for a while...I also just finished modding my original one with a bat top, and hex gate. Feels much better.

I just picked up one from my local gamestop. I've been debating on buying one for months, but with the SF II T HD Remix beta coming out and SF IV coming out later this year I figured it'd be a good time to grab one.

I will more than likely end up modding this one like I did with my SFAC stick. The joystick seems way too loose and the buttons feel weird as well.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I just picked up one from my local gamestop. I've been debating on buying one for months, but with the SF II T HD Remix beta coming out and SF IV coming out later this year I figured it'd be a good time to grab one.

I will more than likely end up modding this one like I did with my SFAC stick. The joystick seems way too loose and the buttons feel weird as well.[/quote]

$39.99 is an ok price. doubt they'll drop it to $29.99 like the FS3, what with Soul Calibur IV on the horizon...

but i'm waiting for this: 360 HORI Real Arcade Pro EX

i have both the 360 EX2 and the PS3 FS3. they're ok, but i feel like they should be heavier and feel more solid. the Real Arcade Pro feels a lot better (friend has the PS3 Real Arcade Pro Stick 3). this would really help since i set it on my coffee table and pull up a chair.

[quote name='typeRJ']$39.99 is an ok price. doubt they'll drop it to $29.99 like the FS3, what with Soul Calibur IV on the horizon...

but i'm waiting for this: 360 HORI Real Arcade Pro EX

i have both the 360 EX2 and the PS3 FS3. they're ok, but i feel like they should be heavier and feel more solid. the Real Arcade Pro feels a lot better (friend has the PS3 Real Arcade Pro Stick 3). this would really help since i set it on my coffee table and pull up a chair.[/quote]

That stick looks really nice. The only thing that looks bad is the placement of the headset plug-in.

[quote name='typeRJ']$39.99 is an ok price. doubt they'll drop it to $29.99 like the FS3, what with Soul Calibur IV on the horizon...

but i'm waiting for this: 360 HORI Real Arcade Pro EX[/QUOTE]

WOW, that looks great! I'll definitely buy that and sell my EX2. Is it import only? Was the PS3 stick released domestically?

The Real Arcade Pro EX is currently planned to be import-only and will run ya at least $130.... But you get real Japanese arcade parts, so it's not an unreasonable price. The button layout still sucks though.

[quote name='eastx']The Real Arcade Pro EX is currently planned to be import-only and will run ya at least $130.... But you get real Japanese arcade parts, so it's not an unreasonable price. The button layout still sucks though.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda hard to justify when you can get a completely custom Sanwa box from arcadeinabox.com for about the same price. Thanks for the info though!

Sucks the only real parts on the HRAP EX will be the stick.

On top of the $130ish you'll pay if you want real arcade parts you'll need to cough up extra.

Oh yeah, that does suck. I don't know why they bother to put out those real stick-only models.

This stick is an expensive import proposition, but of course it costs way less in Japan since there's no shipping charges.

Oh, but keep in mind sometimes these things are worth it because their PCBs are better than what you'd get in a custom stick. Like some of them work better with converters, or better on PC, etc.. But I think Hori sticks generally suck at working on PC.

[quote name='eastx']
Oh, but keep in mind sometimes these things are worth it because their PCBs are better than what you'd get in a custom stick. Like some of them work better with converters, or better on PC, etc.. But I think Hori sticks generally suck at working on PC.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you know what your saying on this one. This might be true compared to something like a MAS stick (just an example) a custom stick can have whatever PCB you want, part of it being custom. In addition to being able to use one of the highly regarded PC interfaces you could have it made, or make it yourself with an OEM original playstation, dreamcast, or 360 pcb (or anyother one but those ones usually make the most sense). By using an actual playstation PCB you would have the best compatibility possible with playstation convertors for example. Heck you could even have a custom stick made with hori PCB. Also with a custom stick you could have it designed so that the controller pcb's are in seperate project boxes so you could switch to the correct pcb for your system. I love Hori sticks but thats not reason to spread disinformation.

[quote name='rally9x']I don't think you know what your saying on this one. This might be true compared to something like a MAS stick (just an example) a custom stick can have whatever PCB you want, part of it being custom. In addition to being able to use one of the highly regarded PC interfaces you could have it made, or make it yourself with an OEM original playstation, dreamcast, or 360 pcb (or anyother one but those ones usually make the most sense). By using an actual playstation PCB you would have the best compatibility possible with playstation convertors for example. Heck you could even have a custom stick made with hori PCB. Also with a custom stick you could have it designed so that the controller pcb's are in seperate project boxes so you could switch to the correct pcb for your system. I love Hori sticks but thats not reason to spread disinformation.[/QUOTE]

It's not misinformation. First, I didn't say that it's always the case. I just noted the possibility. And not every stick maker will just use whatever PCB you want, which was my point. Nor was I talking up Hori - as I said, their Windows compatibility is ****. However, there are instances where you'd specifically want a Hori PCB. For example, if you wanted a multi-PCB stick with native Playstation 3 support, the PS3 Hori stick PCB is far superior to the only other option, the VSHG PCB (which has problems with 3 simultaneous button inputs). The Hori PS3 PCB is not so common that every custom stick would naturally have access to one, not that it's impossible to get either.

Playstation converters are fine for older systems, but they're on their way out.... No Xbox 360 compatibility and almost all the PS3 ones don't work right.

Any idea on whether the Soul Calibur stick is improved in anyway or is it the same stick with a different image on it?

Also, when I checked amazon, they had the 360 version priced at $10 more than the PS3, is that because of Microsoft's license fee or the 360 is for whatever reason better? I'm trying to figure out which of the two systems should I have the stick for, mainly for Street Fighter Remix and probably Soul Calibur somewhere down the line.

I am disappointed in the soul calibur stick. Did they really need to print Ivy's ridiculous cleavage on it?

I have never used a stick before, but I am really wanting one for Soul Calibur. Are the sticks for the 360 worth the money?

[quote name='Sulik2']I am disappointed in the soul calibur stick. Did they really need to print Ivy's ridiculous cleavage on it?[/QUOTE]

Rather have Voldos thong wearing ass?

[quote name='Sulik2']I am disappointed in the soul calibur stick. Did they really need to print Ivy's ridiculous cleavage on it?
[/quote]

awesome, I didn't know that. I have been trying to find a DoA stick but it seems this one will work.

bread's done
Back