XBOX 360 Infinite Undiscovery FREE @BB with coupon?? Help me with this!!

knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Ok,
So as we all know Sunday is the sale and Infinite Undiscovery for 360 is in the list.
listed in this thread... LINK

But currently its 39.99 and you can print a $20 coupon as of today thru may 3 by logging into your Best buy Gamer club and printing it. Its linked to your account so you have to use your own coupon and gamer club is free so no point in not signing up. GAMERCLUB

So then if the game goes for 10.00 on sunday Minus 20.00 coupon equals Them owing you money????:applause::applause: Please someone help me wrap my little brain around this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='knightbeauchamp']Ok,
So as we all know Sunday is the sale and Infinite Undiscovery for 360 is in the list.
listed in this thread... LINK

But currently its 39.99 and you can print a $20 coupon as of today thru may 3 by logging into your Best buy Gamer club and printing it. Its linked to your account so you have to use your own coupon and gamer club is free so no point in not signing up. GAMERCLUB

So then if the game goes for 10.00 on sunday Minus 20.00 coupon equals Them owing you money????:applause::applause: Please someone help me wrap my little brain around this.[/quote]
They won't give you money, but yes it should be free if they allow the coupon.

I'm logged in and know I'm a member of the club and I see the offer yet I can't figure out where get the coupon for the life of me. I see this:
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (PS3) and Infinite Undiscovery (Xbox 360). Offer available in-store only and requires coupon.

Wheredo I get said coupon?

"Not valid on sale prices and any other promotions..."

Probably not going to work, but it may be worth a shot. I'm guessing BB updated their computer system after the Midnight Club LA $10 fiasco.

[quote name='pastorscott19']coupon says not valid on sale items.[/quote]
BUT... this is the same thing that happened with Quantum of solace and few other games... There isnt another promotion... the price for the week will be 10.00 but with coupon it will be ????free??? FOR EXAMPLE:
A month ago Crysis and Red alert3 and a few other games for PC were on sale in the store... So they were priced at like 49.99 reg but the weely price drop sale was making them 24.99, but the gamer coupon was for 15.00 off making them all 10.00 each I bought one of each!! for 10.00 each.

SO IMHO >>>>>>>>>>
SHort Story: THIS SHOULD WORK! cause its not a promotion or "sale", its a price drop/store clearance sale...

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']BUT... this is the same thing that happened with Quantum of solace and few other games... There isnt another promotion... the price for the week will be 10.00 but with coupon it will be ????free??? FOR EXAMPLE:
A month ago Crysis and Red alert3 and a few other games for PC were on sale in the store... So they were priced at like 49.99 reg but the weely price drop sale was making them 24.99, but the gamer coupon was for 15.00 off making them all 10.00 each I bought one of each!! for 10.00 each.

SO IMHO >>>>>>>>>>
SHort Story: THIS SHOULD WORK! cause its not a promotion or "sale", its a price drop/store clearance sale...[/QUOTE]

huge difference walking out with a $10 game than a free game.

[quote name='lincolngirl992']What do you do once your signed up to the program (bb gamers club) next to get your coupon?[/quote]
click all deals right hand by current deal picture...
then skip down to 20.00 off brothers in arms and infinite undiscovery click it... then right above the picture is a small blue link click it coupon pops up and prints.

Sometimes, for some people, the coupon links don't appear in Firefox.. (And some people have complained they don't appear in IE IIRC).. try a different browser.

[quote name='LegolasFett']I'm logged in and know I'm a member of the club and I see the offer yet I can't figure out where get the coupon for the life of me. I see this:
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (PS3) and Infinite Undiscovery (Xbox 360). Offer available in-store only and requires coupon.

Wheredo I get said coupon?[/quote]

Me too. The only coupon i find is some irrelevant $10 crap.

If these games are indeed in the ad, then this won't work because then it will be on sale thus making the coupon invalid. Besides as a employee at Best Buy I can pretty much assure you that 99% of the managers don't have the word 'free' in their vocabulary.

my guess is the coupon will be ymmv. Some managers will just say fuck it and give in, while most will say you can use the coupon on the normal price of the game, which would make it more expensive than the sale price.

I say just be happy you can get the game for $10. Don't cause a big stink, customer service people get enough bs over coupons and stuff as it is. $10 is a great value for a game that hasn't even been out a year.

[quote name='Nealocus123']If these games are indeed in the ad, then this won't work because then it will be on sale thus making the coupon invalid. Besides as a employee at Best Buy I can pretty much assure you that 99% of the managers don't have the word 'free' in their vocabulary.[/quote]
I totally believe you about the Managers vocabular, but like I said before this is EXACTLY like the week PC GAMES crysis and red alert 3 went on sale from 49.99 to 24.99 to 10.00 with coupon. Crysis and RA3 were in the add for 24.99. then the gamer club coupon made them 10.00.
>>>>>>
BUT i really have no idea how they will handle this, as a glitch?:cry: probably will post a correction very soon.:cry:

Okay i found this coupon...but when you click the print button...read the coupon. it states:

PS3: Infinite Undiscovery
Xbox 360: Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway.

on the page previous to that, it's the exact opposite...
what to do, what to do??

I printed both that first page, and the coupon, just in case there turns out theres a problem with the coupon.

[quote name='pk24']Okay i found this coupon...but when you click the print button...read the coupon. it states:

what to do, what to do??

I printed both that first page, and the coupon, just in case there turns out theres a problem with the coupon.[/quote]
Dont worry the numbers beside the games are correct.. ps3 numbers start with 7 and 360 start with 8 so ...
8947768 is infinite undiscovery on xbox.

[quote name='LegolasFett']I'm logged in and know I'm a member of the club and I see the offer yet I can't figure out where get the coupon for the life of me. I see this:

Wheredo I get said coupon?[/quote]

Do you happen to have an ad blocker installed? Until I told ad block pro to stop blocking that site it wouldn't let me click the link to the coupon.

Think I might just pick up Infitine Undiscovery anyways. $10 is a good enough price, was going to pick it up from the "sale" that may or may not happen next week.

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']I totally believe you about the Managers vocabular, but like I said before this is EXACTLY like the week PC GAMES crysis and red alert 3 went on sale from 49.99 to 24.99 to 10.00 with coupon. Crysis and RA3 were in the add for 24.99. then the gamer club coupon made them 10.00.[/quote]
I see what you're saying but I have to agree with others, managers are going to say no to this one. I didn't know about the PC game sale + coupon you are mentioning (don't get many PC games), but I can see them letting it slide even though technically they should deny. For this, even a clueless CSR would grab a manager and ask about it being free after coupon - and managers will most likely just say no, and have every right to.

Doesn't mean I'm not considering this ;)

Also, might be a dumb question, but what's your avatar? Always reminds me of a black Isz from The Maxx.

I don't see how this would be allowed. The only way I can really think of them letting it go through is if you were to purchase Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway along with Infinite Undiscovery. That way an actual transaction still takes place. Which might be nice if you wanted to pick that game up as well... that way you would still technically get both games for $10 a piece. I'm not going to even bother with it and just hope that I can find a copy of Infinite Undiscovery for $9.99 come Sunday.

I think this deal will just depend on whether or not the computer takes the $20 off automatically. Back in 04 and 05 I was using a $5 off coupon and getting games for free, and I done it dozens of times at dozens of stores. Good times, I wanna relive them next week.

[quote name='pk24']Okay i found this coupon...but when you click the print button...read the coupon. it states:

what to do, what to do??

I printed both that first page, and the coupon, just in case there turns out theres a problem with the coupon.[/quote]
clearly a mix up on the coupon. infinite undiscovery isn't even on ps3.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I see what you're saying but I have to agree with others, managers are going to say no to this one. I didn't know about the PC game sale + coupon you are mentioning (don't get many PC games), but I can see them letting it slide even though technically they should deny. For this, even a clueless CSR would grab a manager and ask about it being free after coupon - and managers will most likely just say no, and have every right to.

Doesn't mean I'm not considering this ;)

Also, might be a dumb question, but what's your avatar? Always reminds me of a black Isz from The Maxx.[/quote]

AVATAR is from the comic The Darkness its a "Darkling" Image is from Issue one Page seven in my big compendium book!

I already tried using the coupon on a $20 clearance rack Infinite Undiscovery and the manager said the system would not allow it to discount to free.

The only page for me that it's mixed up is on the coupon it's self. So I'm just doing a screen capture and printing out the other page as well.

If you are going to try this i would suggest getting this AND soemthing else so if it does work, you pay for something and a red flag doesnt go up with the cashier.
Lets cross out fingers and hope it works boys and girls. :)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Thanks for the heads up OP, def. worth a shot on Sunday if you're going in anyways, like I am. :) commmeeee onnnn freee game[/quote]

Agreed. I've had moderate success arguing coupons. It's worth a shot.

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']I totally believe you about the Managers vocabular, but like I said before this is EXACTLY like the week PC GAMES crysis and red alert 3 went on sale from 49.99 to 24.99 to 10.00 with coupon. Crysis and RA3 were in the add for 24.99. then the gamer club coupon made them 10.00.
>>>>>>
BUT i really have no idea how they will handle this, as a glitch?:cry: probably will post a correction very soon.:cry:[/quote]

You're pretty excited about this.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jtxedt&s=5

Considering that Infinite Undiscovery DOESNT EXIST on the PS3, this HAS to be a coupon mix up.

AS SUCH, I believe I am only clarifying the intent of the coupon, and not modifying any of the content that would change the INTENT of the coupon. The INTENT was for infinite undiscovery on the Xbox360, as it CLEARLY doesnt exist on the other platform.

-That said, Enjoy the above coupon instead.

Thanks for drawing even more attention to this sale. This whole coupon business was already discussed extensively on the sale thread. YMMV. YMMV that this sale is even happening. YMMV that they'll take the coupon. YMMV that you'll even be able to find copies of these games after people keep making new posts about the sales. It's been hyped for almost a week now.

These threads are ridiculous. Put this in the request or bragging rights thread. Don't clutter up the deals thread with this crap. That stupid BB thread has gotten over 1200 replies and the sale hasn't even started yet. As CAG's we're really trying everything we can to save a buck. 1st by trying to manipulate the Baby Registry at TGT and now exploiting another coupon at BB. Sheesh.

[quote name='reicaden']nvm, coupon was removed, i guess you can try arguing with the cashier that it doesnt exist on PS3... goodluck with that.[/quote]

Coupon hasn't been removed? Just checked that after you posted and it's still there. I saved it in case it really does go down.

[quote name='ferant316']Coupon hasn't been removed? Just checked that after you posted and it's still there. I saved it in case it really does go down.[/quote]The post with the link to the modified coupon was removed. Nothing was done to the link with the coupon, as that's not on CAG.

Don't post links to the modified coupon, nor pass it around CAG.

Like they accidentally switched the PS3 and X360 wording for the 2 games on the coupon. Just tell the cashier to verify the correct version by the SKU, assuming it's correct on the coupon.

[quote name='eau']Like they accidentally switched the PS3 and X360 wording for the 2 games on the coupon. Just tell the cashier to verify the correct version by the SKU, assuming it's correct on the coupon.[/quote]

I just checked the BB website and they have fixed the mix up.

[quote name='Irukandji']Thanks for drawing even more attention to this sale. This whole coupon business was already discussed extensively on the sale thread. YMMV. YMMV that this sale is even happening. YMMV that they'll take the coupon. YMMV that you'll even be able to find copies of these games after people keep making new posts about the sales. It's been hyped for almost a week now.[/quote]
First your welcome, I even linked that thread. Second, since the gamer club coupon isnt a part of that crazy thread it needed a home, my reason for starting this one. LASTLY, I have been following the BB thread from day one . When I posted this, I triple checked that thread, note my entry around the time I started this thread. IT WAS NOT IN THAT THREAD. IN FACT the coupon had only been up for a few hours cause I had checked it yesterday around 9pm and there wasn't one. So as far as I know it posted at midnight.

bread's done
Back