XBox 360 Kinect Sports Guinness World Record Free Avatar Tee!

ExplodingRat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
As per Major Nelson:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543473435307&comments

"Make history and become a record breaker this Easter on Xbox LIVE! On Saturday 23rd April we'll be attempting to join hands across the world and break the Guinness World Record for the ‘largest online 100m sprint’ via Kinect Sports and Xbox LIVE.

To be part of the Guinness World Record attempt, join us and thousands of Xbox LIVE members at at 6pm on Saturday 23 April. Each and every runner will be rewarded with an exclusive Xbox and Guinness World Record Avatar T-shirt.

The Guinness World Record is just one of the fun events that will take place over a free weekend of entertainment on Xbox LIVE, where each and every LIVE member will be given Gold LIVE access including multiplayer gaming and access to the latest films, music and more.

Dubbed Xbox Nations, the free LIVE weeknd will run from Thursday 21st April to Monday 25th April. Don't miss out on your opportunity to experience the magic of Xbox LIVE for free and the chance to win some fantastic prizes and snap up some great discounted content throughout the weekend..."

So I'll definitely at least pick up a copy of Kinect Sports for the avatar item. I know this would interest a lot of people.
Coldblood, I'm looking at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick up a copy? That implies buying a copy.
Would you buy a game for an avatar t-shirt?
That's.........mental.:bouncy:

Although I will be joining in this little scheme, so thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Moop']Pick up a copy? That implies buying a copy.
Would you buy a game for an avatar t-shirt?
That's.........mental.:bouncy:

Although I will be joining in this little scheme, so thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably either:
A) Buy a used one from GameStop and return it
or
B) Buy one new for $17 anyway, since I don't have it yet!

Either way, it's still neat!

[quote name='ExplodingRat']I'll probably either:
or

Either way, it's still neat![/QUOTE]

Best Kinect Game I've played. Buy it.

Just realized that this will happen at 10am PT. I'll pass. If they wanted more people they should have picked a better time, but then again, Rare is headlining this and they're from the UK.

[quote name='Chemosh013']ya, it's 6 pm in the UK, 10 am for pacific. I guess that's not a horrible time.[/QUOTE]

Given the global audience they are going for, it's probably the best time they could have come up with.

[quote name='ExplodingRat']I'll probably either:
or

Either way, it's still neat![/QUOTE]

where is there a Kinect Sports for $17?????

[quote name='CaptainKirk']where is there a Kinect Sports for $17?????[/QUOTE]

Yea I started looking for Kinect Sports for that price as well and did not find it.

[quote name='j3s']Given the global audience they are going for, it's probably the best time they could have come up with.[/QUOTE]

Seems they're not going for a global audience, just the EU. :/

There's a copy for $25 at a local pawn shop, but I need further justification to buy it other than an avatar item. Somebody tell me that the game itself is awesome.

[quote name='sp00ge']There's a copy for $25 at a local pawn shop, but I need further justification to buy it other than an avatar item. Somebody tell me that the game itself is awesome.[/QUOTE]

People are saying that it's the #1 Kinect game.

[quote name='IIBlazer']People are saying that it's the #1 Kinect game.[/QUOTE]

Not possible...

DANCE CENTRAL is the #1 Kinect Game

Even the President of Nintendo America said it

Runner up (my opinion), is Kinectimals lol

Bummer. My copy didn't work. Tried 2 different used copies that were in the area, and THEY didn't work, and now I don't have time nor the desire to go buy a new one for an avatar t-shirt. :(

BLAH!

So will we get an e-mail with a code for the shirt?

I've been unable to find anything from Microsoft about this other than under "Spotlight" on my 360.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']So will we get an e-mail with a code for the shirt?

I've been unable to find anything from Microsoft about this other than under "Spotlight" on my 360.[/QUOTE]

I assume so. It will probably take 4 - 6 weeks.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']So will we get an e-mail with a code for the shirt?

I've been unable to find anything from Microsoft about this other than under "Spotlight" on my 360.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind. According to Major Nelson's twitter:

"Per Rare's facebook page, everyone who participated will be emailed the code for the shirts later. Resume your Saturday activities."

good to hear... I am really hoping I got it or otherwise turning off Saturday morning cartoons and looking like an asshole while running full speed in place wont be worth it.

well turning off cartoons was fun in a mean way :D

[quote name='Blade3D']Did this have to be precise? I think I may have been a minute late...[/QUOTE]

Me too. My stupid kinect lost me and i had to restart the game. hopefully there will be a little flex time.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Me too. My stupid kinect lost me and i had to restart the game. hopefully there will be a little flex time.[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson tweeted about going to the Facebook page for details about 15 minutes after it started I think, so you should be good as long as you downloaded the gamerpic and participated.

I ran it twice. Once a few minutes before and another a minute or 2 past the time.

[quote name='bob101910']Major Nelson tweeted about going to the Facebook page for details about 15 minutes after it started I think, so you should be good as long as you downloaded the gamerpic and participated.

I ran it twice. Once a few minutes before and another a minute or 2 past the time.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool, maybe I will get it then, I was worried because I didn't remember till a few minutes before and took sometime to get in the game.

This sucks. I could NOT get to a store in time for this. I really wanted to get it, the game, and the tee especially! Damn.

According to an e-mail I received from Microsoft you just need to download the gamer pic.

*Kinect Sports Multiplayer Unlock Weekend will take place on Xbox LIVE from 1:00 A.M. PT on April 21, 2011 to 3:59 P.M. PT on April 25, 2011. Kinect Sports game and system sold separately. To receive one Guinness World Record T-Shirt for your Avatar, you must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or Washington, D.C. and you must download the World Record gamer pic from Xbox LIVE Marketplace between 1:00 A.M. PT on April 21, 2011, and 3:59 P.M. PT on April 25, 2011. Offer good while supplies last. Redemption code will be sent to the e-mail address tied to your Xbox LIVE account within 10 weeks after offer end date and must be redeemed by 11:59 P.M. PT on June 30, 2011. Valid e-mail required; any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Offer cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash. Sponsor: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.

The gamer pic was made available on 4/15/2011, so if you downloaded it early you might want to download it again before 3:59 P.M. PT on April 25, 2011 to be on the safe side.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product...-Attempt/059b97af-cafc-4c8e-9b5f-8debdf3de847

Ok, cool. I've been wondering where the heck my limited edition avatar t-shirt was. Thanks GAGs for the heads up. Looks as if you could do the run today and still get it eh?

[quote name='seanr1221']Why?[/QUOTE]

Because then the whole world record thing would have been for nothing. I thought it was just going to be people who did the world record attempt that got it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Don't over-think it, it's just an avatar item :lol:[/QUOTE]

True, but I woke my butt up at 9:45 on Saturday morning to run like an idiot in my apartment. :lol:

Why do I strangely want this? I normally don't care about avatar items, but I like avatar stuff that has some meaning like the Save/Kill Carmine shirts that went to charity.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I played kinect sports @ the time it stated on 2 separate accounts and still haven't received anything.[/QUOTE]

According to the terms it'll take up to 10 weeks to receive the code via e-mail. You will receive a code in the e-mail address linked to the account you downloaded the gamer pic with.

Make sure you download the gamer pic between April 21 - April 25.

I'm really hoping it doesn't take the whole 10 weeks. That seems so long.

bread's done
Back