XBOX 360 Kinect Star Wars LE available for preorder($449.99) Amazon

This Xbox 360 is just awesome, I wish it wasn't so expensive though because that's just a little to high for my budget... Oh, the joys of money!

It is beautiful. But like others are saying, $450 is a bit pricey considering how the next console should be out within 2 years.

Do not like Star Wars at all, but loving the controller. Still, if I buy this for $450 now, in two years could it be worth more? Probably, but will it be enough?...

[quote name='movie2cats']I kinda feel ya. If I spend $450 on a second 360, my wife will never sleep with me again... I guess I would be a 30yo re-virgin. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I asked my wife about this (knowing she would say no but figuring I could work on her between now and release) and she shot me down so fast. It doesn't help that I have a perfectly good 360 pro sitting there.

I watched the Major Nelson preview video of this on my 360 yesterday and had to show the whole family. When it made the R2 noises for powering on and disc eject my 17 year old daughter even kicked her feet in excitement proclaiming "Best Thing Ever!".

But...we got a 250gb slim w/kinect last Christmas and have the old jet plane sounding release console in her room. I guess this would have to go in my room...

The console looks awesome! But, I'm willing to wait patiently for a better deal or a special promotion.

"Help me Obi Wan..." inscribed on the the disc tray is pretty amazing, but $450? I've had my console for 3+ years & have wanted to upgrade to a slim, but the Gears 3 one is just more up my alley. It comes with Gears 3, a bigger HD (for me, same 320 as the S.W. one), DLC, an extra controller and it's $50 less.

I've been planning on replacing my elite 360 this fall, anyways (freezing, out of warranty). With that said, I'm going to hold out for a price drop or a Holiday Bundle, or just get the Slim 250 w/Kinect. $399 is the highest that I'd ever go on a console. If only the Gears of War console came with Kinect.

[quote name='joshrocker']I feel your pain. I asked my wife about this (knowing she would say no but figuring I could work on her between now and release) and she shot me down so fast. It doesn't help that I have a perfectly good 360 pro sitting there.[/QUOTE]
On the other end of the spectrum, if (oh, who am I kidding, when) I get this, my wife will immediately snatch it to replace her Halo 3 LE console. She grinned wide just like I did when I showed her the Inside Xbox video. The R2-D2 sounds just sealed the deal.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This bundle is sweet, but the price is too damn high. Lol[/QUOTE]
123793a-jimmy-mcmillanp.jpg

[quote name='voidedx']They could have easily went many wrong directions and alienated the OT SW fans. For me, Clone Wars and Prequels are not my thing at least not for merchandise. I just like OT and select EU merchandise. R2-D2/C-3PO is a great choice as it covers the entire fan base.

If they tried to do a Darth Vader themed one, I'd never love it. If they tried to do an X-Wing or any ship themed one, it'd be hard to pull off without a custom console shape. I actually can't dream up a better SW idea that I would enjoy more.

The only non-SW thing that could compete for my heart would be a G1 Transformers theme. Optimus as the console and Bumblebee as the controller? No, Soundwave as the console and Laserbeak and Ravage as the controllers! *drool* (Actually, I'd still buy the former.)

[/QUOTE]

You could have so much fun with the Vader one though... Making the fans sound like Vader breathing, when opening the tray have the du-Nuh-Nuh sound that always plays when they switch to the deathstar (doesn't even have to be long just the 1 second sound clip, just long enough to have you start humming it in your head). Probably can think of some others also.

I think this console looks awesome. I put in a pre order just to hold it. I dunno if I'll actually buy it. It is a bit pricey...

[quote name='BNB82']I've been planning on replacing my elite 360 this fall, anyways (freezing, out of warranty). With that said, I'm going to hold out for a price drop or a Holiday Bundle, or just get the Slim 250 w/Kinect. $399 is the highest that I'd ever go on a console. If only the Gears of War console came with Kinect.[/QUOTE]

For an extra $50 you get a bigger hard drive, game and exclusive DLC. You can flip the game and exclusive DLC to lower your cost. Hell, the exclusive DLC will probably come close covering the extra $50.

Sure you'll be missing out on Kinect Adventures, but are you really missing out?

[quote name='omyard']For an extra $50 you get a bigger hard drive, game and exclusive DLC. You can flip the game and exclusive DLC to lower your cost. Hell, the exclusive DLC will probably come close covering the extra $50.

Sure you'll be missing out on Kinect Adventures, but are you really missing out?[/QUOTE]
Kinect Adventures IS included.

Source: Inside Xbox video on the dashboard

I'm still rocking a launch day 360 (only red ringed twice :roll:), so this looks like a good time to upgrade. It's the little details that hooked me. That, and I loves me some R2-D2.

Dang I want this but don't want another kinect and doubt I'll get much out of my old one. I'm hoping to grab a used one off craigslist in the future hopefully.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Dang I want this but don't want another kinect and doubt I'll get much out of my old one. I'm hoping to grab a used one off craigslist in the future hopefully.[/QUOTE]

If you do, I would probably hit GS up when they have the $50 added credit. I got $160 for a slim 4GB that I got for $100. From what I heard the old ones are looking at $60 base so $110 if they have that deal.

Why do all of your wives own your souls?

It's your money; use it when you need it!

*Sticks head out window*

It's my money, and I need it now!

[quote name='Ionotropic']Why do all of your wives own your souls?

*Sticks head out window*

It's my money, and I need it now![/QUOTE]

I'm wondering about that too... How does the *wife* get control of the finances?

I thought the women are far more likely to spend money on manicures, harido's make ups and so on....

[quote name='gamingdroid']I'm wondering about that too... How does the *wife* get control of the finances?

I thought the women are far more likely to spend money on manicures, harido's make ups and so on....[/QUOTE]

i dont think its control of finances but more of putting their foot down on excessive spending....i mean who the hell needs 3 xboxes or needs to shit $450 because they like the color better than their current slim.

[quote name='yahoosale14']i dont think its control of finances but more of putting their foot down on excessive spending....i mean who the hell needs 3 xboxes or needs to shit $450 because they like the color better than their current slim.[/QUOTE]

Only in america.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Why do all of your wives own your souls?

*Sticks head out window*

It's my money, and I need it now![/QUOTE]

[quote name='gamingdroid']I'm wondering about that too... How does the *wife* get control of the finances?

I thought the women are far more likely to spend money on manicures, harido's make ups and so on....[/QUOTE]

Spoken like true single/unmarried people.

A serious response. . . . . $450 is a lot for most people and out of impulse range for 90% of us. Personally when ever we make a big purchase we need the others permission. . . . .and sadly another xbox is low on the need list.

And it's not necessarily that we need our wives permission. It's that if we just go and spend $450 without discussing it first, we're gonna either get into a lot of arguments down the road, or they're going to go spend TWICE that much on shoes and other useless junk just to get back at us. Anybody who is married and can just go spend $450 on an extra 360 when they already have one, just because said console is super cool looking, without getting into a fight with their wife is pretty rare.

[quote name='joshrocker']Spoken like true single/unmarried people.

A serious response. . . . . $450 is a lot for most people and out of impulse range for 90% of us. Personally when ever we make a big purchase we need the others permission. . . . .and sadly another xbox is low on the need list.[/QUOTE]

I'm not single and in charge of the finances, but my comment wasn't just directed towards this particular deal. For me $450 is a LOT of money, but even for small stuff. For some reason, it seems like the women are the responsible one, and the men are frivolous spenders.

Anyhow, the way it is often worded it sounds like the women are in charge and it isn't a discussion at all!

[quote name='Trojan']... or they're going to go spend TWICE that much on shoes and other useless junk just to get back at us....[/QUOTE]

That's pretty juvenile behavior. In a relationship, it should never be about getting back at each other.

[quote name='Trojan']Anybody who is married and can just go spend $450 on an extra 360 when they already have one, just because said console is super cool looking, without getting into a fight with their wife is pretty rare.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how you arrange your finances and how free you are to spend your money.

[quote name='Trojan']. Anybody who is married and can just go spend $450 on an extra 360 when they already have one, just because said console is super cool looking, without getting into a fight with their wife is pretty rare.[/QUOTE]

AMEN!! But I do hope to be one of those married couples at some point. *now starts looking around for old lottery tickets*

[quote name='gamingdroid']
It depends on how you arrange your finances and how free you are to spend your money.[/QUOTE]

Could I afford $450? Yes.
Could I go and spend $450 on a whim and not cause hardships, no.

I think any healthy relationship has several discussions about money and needing each others approval for big purchases is a good way to ensure you don't end up bankrupt.

Now, I'd guess that 99% of men say stuff like this even though it isn't true just because it's semi funny and fits an old stereotype. So I'm sure anyone that said something along these lines in this thread was semi joking.

bread's done
Back