or
$40.84 after 5% off coupon
or
$32.99 after Google Checkout
http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=84773074
Product Link:
Halo 3 Live Card

Note:
You can also combine this with Google Checkout (without the 5% coupon) and get it for $28.88.

LinkinPrime EDIT: Price up to 42.99 and
Google Checkout can't be used.

Daminion EDIT: Striked the comment above about Google Checkout, it's still available for an option if you do not use the 5% coupon. However, this is not as good of a deal as it was when you could get it for $28 and change.

did this drop in price? Anyway, I cashed in a google checkout and picked it up for $28.88....nice....I've been silver for too long.

thanks, op

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Google Checkout Is Now Locked Out For This Item[/quote]

It's only locked out if you try to combine it with the 5% coupon. Remove the 5% coupon and GCO will work.

Thanks for this post been waiting for a deal like this and for $28.88 with no tax and no shipping charges couldn't pass this one up.

Does this card have an expiration date? I still have the Free 1 month GOLD activated atm which will end in 25 days. I want to activate it around October.

[quote name='ranmasama']Does this card have an expiration date? I still have the Free 1 month GOLD activated atm which will end in 25 days. I want to activate it around October.[/quote]

Not sure when it expires, but you should be able to stack the card on top of your current 1 month free trial.

When using google checkout, is the 10 bucks taken off before or after you click "Place Your Order Now", because so far the discount hasn't applied. I created an account a while back but I have never used it.

[quote name='writimagination']When using google checkout, is the 10 bucks taken off before or after you click "Place Your Order Now", because so far the discount hasn't applied. I created an account a while back but I have never used it.[/quote]

IIRC, after.

Yes, these will just stack on top of whatever sub you have left.

I'd like to pull the trigger but I have til Dec. left and I know if I do a sweeter deal will come along.

I ordered something from buy.com last fridy & it still hasnt shipped....Is that normal practice for buy.com?

I GCO'd one for 28.88 shipped. which is good cuz i pulled one of the 1month cards i had laying for backups since mine ended a week ago.

my live doesn't run out until january, but i bit. i don't think it's getting much cheaper than this.

thanks OP

surprised no one threw out the thing about the mag subscription it gives you...at least for me, if I didn't accept it, I can send for a MIR of 10 bucks...brings it down even less. 10 bucks to be exact...so mine w/o GCO is gonna be 26.94...not bad.

I'm paid up until Nov 2009 -- don't worry, I did it the CAG way so it cost relatively nothing compared to MSRP -- but my bro is about to have to renew so I am going to hook him up, thanks OP!

Later,

Alex

[quote name='spartan789']surprised no one threw out the thing about the mag subscription it gives you...at least for me, if I didn't accept it, I can send for a MIR of 10 bucks...brings it down even less. 10 bucks to be exact...so mine w/o GCO is gonna be 26.94...not bad.[/quote]

I'm Surprised as well. I caught this deal from another site this morning but thanks for posting it. Got 13 Months for 18.98!:applause:

Has it ever been cheaper? I dont even have a 360 yet but had to buy one. I assume these cant be that old / have an experiation date awhile from now since they are promoting Halo 3.

Thanks again!

In for one also, now i feel smart that i didnt bite on the CC for 40 bucks a few months back. I did notice the free mag subscription but didnt wanna chance it for them to try and keep charging my card everytime it renews. So if you didnt accept it are we getting some sorta MIR in the mail or something, I guess i should have read more into it.

I tried to open a new gmail/GCO account and it didn't discount the $10 upon checkout through GCO. Was it becuase my billing name and address are the same? I did use a different credit card number. They're on to me! :)

I know is a huge YMMV

But I found the old xbox live 12 month cards with the free communicator bag at sears for $21.99. I live in Mesquite Texas and at the SEARS at Town View Mall they still have 2 cards left as of this afternoon.

[quote name='icarusmight'] So if you didnt accept it are we getting some sorta MIR in the mail or something, I guess i should have read more into it.[/quote]

Don't do the Mail in rebate thingy, unless you don't mind getting plenty of junk mail. The deal clearly states that they will send you stuff through the mail, thats why they give you a $10 Mail in rebate..

I had just bought the 12 month Gold subscription from a Live camera bundle and now I see this! Question: if I buy another Gold card, can I tack it onto my current subscription making it a 25 month subscription?

Also: could I just hold on to this card and use it a year later? Or is there an expiration date?

Thanks guys - and great find!

Wow thanks so much, now I can finally start using xbox live for more then just demo downloading.

[quote name='chenry888']I had just bought the 12 month Gold subscription from a Live camera bundle and now I see this! Question: if I buy another Gold card, can I tack it onto my current subscription making it a 25 month subscription?

Also: could I just hold on to this card and use it a year later? Or is there an expiration date?

Thanks guys - and great find![/quote]

I belive there is an experation Date but I haven't bought a Prepaid Xbox live card in years so I cant tell you for sure.

I have read that you can have up to two years prepaid on your account (24 months). So if you buy two cards you can add the second one to your account after after 2 months.

[quote name='bywaytm']
I have read that you can have up to two years prepaid on your account (24 months). So if you buy two cards you can add the second one to your account after after 2 months.[/quote]

You can have more than 2 years. My XBL account doesn't expire until sometime in 2010. Most of these were by applying "expired" cards to my account from the Kmart clearance a couple of months back.

The cards I used had expired in May, however they still applied just fine. So I'm not sure how much it really matters about the expiration date. In fact, newer cards don't seem to have any expiration date printed on them.

[quote name='Pianotamer']Where are you guys seeing this free mag subscriptions/$10 off thing?[/quote]

When you add the live card to your cart it takes you to a screen showing it in your cart. On the Left side under the credit card offer it says "Bonus! 1 year subscription free with your order!"

If you keep it selected as no thanks you qualify for a $10 rebate. Click on the see details link of the Fine Print to get the short rebate form which you mail with your reciept to get the rebate.

It takes maybe 5-10 minutes of work. I would say being payed $1 or $2 a minute ($60-$120 an hour) for some desk work is well worth it!

Might be interested in picking one of these up, my Xbox Live subscription runs out on 9/24 - THE DAY BEFORE HALO 3 COMES OUT :headache:

Hmm, 28.88 is a nice price. I heard their shipping is really slow, though. Not too much of an issue, I'm really getting this in anticipation of Halo 3 (and to play Gears again), but still.

I remember reading there's some kind of stipulation with 12+1 cards, like certain circumstances where you don't get the extra month or something? I have a Silver account that's never been Gold (although I have used some 38 hour codes). So please let me know.

Once I get mine in the mail I'll redeem it and see what it gives me. I think my Gold expires in November so I'll tell you whether or not it tacks on 13 months.

Thanks OP...even without Google Checkout, this is a pretty good deal.

Just got an email that my subscription is up on September 22nd. So I ordered one of these with Google Checkout for $28.88.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back