XBox 360 Live-Internet Speed

kirby145

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hello, I have two options from Qwest, a 1.5 mb/s or a 7mb/s

The 7mb one is a lot more expensive though, so I go with 1.5mb/s.

Is that good enough for live though? Because their ad says you need 7mb/s for gaming.

Could you say your opinion, especially if you have a qwest package.

Thanks.

well I know 7 is over kill. My current DSL is only at 3MBS and it works fine, the only other package AT&T offered was like a 756kbs speed, which the guy I was talking to when getting mine set up said it should work fine for XBL.

So I will say a 1.5 will work, there may be some lag possibly. I run at 3 and it is perfect. 7 is overkill.

go with 7 if you can afford it, you'll love the download speeds. Do you not have any other companies to go with for your DSL? look around and see if you can find one that offers a 3mbs.

[quote name='kirby145']But I dont want lag D:[/quote]

If you think you will have lag with 1.5 and wont take our word for it then why the hell did you ask the question?

if your going to have a computer and xbox live running at the same time no, but if your going to have just xbox live running alone it will be perfect, you will get absolutely no lag but the download speeds of demos, videos and stuff may be a bit slow.

[quote name='kirby145']What about the lag? Will it be fine at 1.5 are you sure[/QUOTE]

I'm running at 1.5 UP & 800 down on DSL and my brother and I play on LIVE (COD4, Forza2, &etc) at the sametime with no problems, but we definetely can't run the PC while we're both on. You should have no problem running one 360, but I wouldn't recommend hosting.

My IP is a cable franchise to compete with Comcast both are installing fiber optic next year so hopefully I'll have a better option soon.

bread's done
Back